Page 39 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    Kenzie's Optics has the 507c modle with the ACSS chevron in stock. I'm tempted to snag one but I don't know that I like the idea of a big chevron for a pistol. I would prefer it for a rifle to be honest.
    I'm fairly new to the dot. Tried an RMR and didn't like it, so I've been playing around with the Holosun 507C line.

I recently ordered a 507C with the ACSS Vulcan reticle. When it arrived, I chucked it on a direct milled G19 and dry fired it. I also have a G19 with a standard 507C with the "normal" reticle, so I was able to compare side by side.

For me, I much prefer the 32 MOA circle that comes in the "normal" 507C. In dry fire, using non-standard firing positions, the ACSS reticle provided no advantages over the standard 32 MOA reticle. The gigantic circle and chevron in the ACSS reticle just seemed weird and clunky. I sent it back.

The standard 507C with the 32 MOA circle (or circle and dot, if you prefer) is the most user friendly entry into pistol-mounted red dots, in my opinion.

As always, YMMV.

Holosun: HE508T-GR V2 Plate type

I have a new CZ P10f optic ready coming to me and i am looking for a plate for the HE508T . Does that optic have the same footprint as the 507c? Apparently a plate for the Trij RMR works for the Holosun. Hoping this it correct. Anyone able to verify that info. Plates are mighy hard to come by these days.

Quote Originally Posted by redryder View Post
    I have a new CZ P10f optic ready coming to me and i am looking for a plate for the HE508T . Does that optic have the same footprint as the 507c? Apparently a plate for the Trij RMR works for the Holosun. Hoping this it correct. Anyone able to verify that info. Plates are mighy hard to come by these days.
    Yes, same footprint 507/508/RMR.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Yes, same footprint 507/508/RMR.
    Excellant! Thank you very much sir.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I was at the range the other day, and being new to Holosun Dots, I forgot exactly what combination of button presses did what. I checked the Internet but had a bad connection and could not download the manual on the spot. I should have brought a copy, but forgot it at home.

Anyway, to help with that I created a "Quick Reference Card"...
    Since I was at it, I did one for the 507k as well.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  56.6 KB

Download for the Quick Reference Card PDF:

qrc_507k_v0.pdf

Since I was at it, I did one for the 507k as well.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  56.6 KB

qrc_507k_v0.pdf
    Very cool! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    I'm fairly new to the dot. Tried an RMR and didn't like it, so I've been playing around with the Holosun 507C line.

I recently ordered a 507C with the ACSS Vulcan reticle. When it arrived, I chucked it on a direct milled G19 and dry fired it. I also have a G19 with a standard 507C with the "normal" reticle, so I was able to compare side by side.

For me, I much prefer the 32 MOA circle that comes in the "normal" 507C. In dry fire, using non-standard firing positions, the ACSS reticle provided no advantages over the standard 32 MOA reticle. The gigantic circle and chevron in the ACSS reticle just seemed weird and clunky. I sent it back.

The standard 507C with the 32 MOA circle (or circle and dot, if you prefer) is the most user friendly entry into pistol-mounted red dots, in my opinion.

As always, YMMV.
    That was honestly my worry. I feel like the chevron is better suited towards a rifle than a pistol.

Does anyone have a source for purchasing spare parts for a 507C? I’d like to buy extra of the tiny screw that holds the battery tray in and an extra battery tray itself. Just in case.

I’ve Googled around to no success.

Hammertime
    I was at the range the other day, and being new to Holosun Dots, I forgot exactly what combination of button presses did what. I checked the Internet but had a bad connection and could not download the manual on the spot. I should have brought a copy, but forgot it at home.

Anyway, to help with that I created a "Quick Reference Card" for myself with the commonly used controls and a couple graphics snagged from the HS507c v2 manual, plus some other useful (for me) information. I hope I got it right, but if you see any errors, please let me know.

The format is two-sided, approximately 3"x5", to fit into a pocket. Just print, cut it out and fold over to use in your range bag or what not.

Hope this helps somebody out.

Attachment 71318

Attachment 71322
    That is brilliant thank you!

The cards are a nice touch but I just take a picture of the manual and now it's in my photo album.

User Tag List