Page 81 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

General Holosun pistol optic thread

@JCN: what sort of adhesive did you say you used in addition to the mounting screws?
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 05-24-2022 at 01:36 PM.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    @JCN: what sort of adhesive did you say you used in addition to the mounting screws?
    Thanks for the tag @Clusterfrack otherwise I don’t keep up that much with all the threads.

I use E6000 sparingly on the friction points.

I’ve started using it on muzzle devices too as I’ve been considering ultrasonic soaks that wouldn’t play nice with Rocksett. So far I’ve been really happy with that utilization.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07...b_b_asin_title

I’ve liked these mini-tubes lately to prevent drying out the big tube that gets gummy towards the end of use.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Thanks for the tag @Clusterfrack otherwise I don’t keep up that much with all the threads.

I use E6000 sparingly on the friction points.

I’ve started using it on muzzle devices too as I’ve been considering ultrasonic soaks that wouldn’t play nice with Rocksett. So far I’ve been really happy with that utilization.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07...b_b_asin_title

I’ve liked these mini-tubes lately to prevent drying out the big tube that gets gummy towards the end of use.
    Thanks CF and JCN!
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I have a new 407CO and I'm seeing bright dots scattered about the window. I have other Holosun RDS which don't manifest this issue. In addition to the dots the scattering increases as I rotate the gun to position the reticle toward the top of the window. I've cleaned the two glass surfaces with little, if any change. Has anyone else seen this? In any event I'm going to be sending the RDS back to Holosun.

Quote Originally Posted by rdtompki View Post
    I have a new 407CO and I'm seeing bright dots scattered about the window. I have other Holosun RDS which don't manifest this issue. In addition to the dots the scattering increases as I rotate the gun to position the reticle toward the top of the window. I've cleaned the two glass surfaces with little, if any change. Has anyone else seen this? In any event I'm going to be sending the RDS back to Holosun.
    I have a half dozen of 407CO optics, and have never seen what you are reporting.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

These "dots" are in focus so almost certain not the result of dirt on the outer glass surfaces. Seems like a sharp dot focused at infinity must be present at the source. Anyone on this forum familiar with the design of the display reticle? It's got to be very simple.

Quote Originally Posted by rdtompki View Post
    These "dots" are in focus so almost certain not the result of dirt on the outer glass surfaces. Seems like a sharp dot focused at infinity must be present at the source. Anyone on this forum familiar with the design of the display reticle? It's got to be very simple.
    “Bright” dots in the window are potentially a bad thing but hard to diagnose on line without pictures. Otherwise it’s like the proverbial “It’s Cancer!” like web MD. Check the emitter itself to make sure debris isn’t blocking it. Does the 8moa ring appear complicate and clear? Then send some pics. Good thing is Holosun has good warranty service if there’s a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    “Bright” dots in the window are potentially a bad thing but hard to diagnose on line without pictures. Otherwise it’s like the proverbial “It’s Cancer!” like web MD. Check the emitter itself to make sure debris isn’t blocking it. Does the 8moa ring appear complicate and clear? Then send some pics. Good thing is Holosun has good warranty service if there’s a problem.
    I haven't been able to take in-focus pictures with the cell phone camera. I've used a puffer on the emitter without seeing much of a change. I'm open to suggestions as to how to clean that area. I'm hesitant to go in there with a alcohol swab. In the meantime I can either install my RMR or the original iron sights.

I would give Holosun a call. My 407CO does not have the problem described.

My SCS arrived yesterday, and I broke out my FatWrench and mounted it up today during my morning coffee. It took a few minutes for me to realize the sensor looking thing on the left side rear is the function button, but after that I set it to circle dot and started playing. I like it! The factory 19.5 Ameriglos are fully visible in the window, it’s not a super low iron sight picture. I didn't appreciate just how low the SCS deck height really is.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List