Page 54 of 101 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    If you guys don’t know/follow @AsianJedi (Modern Samurai Project) I’d suggest doing so. He sees A LOT of optics in his classes since that’s really all he does - teach RDS classes. The last time I talked to him (last summer at RDS Instructor class) he really only recommended 2 brands as duty optics - RMR and Holosun. The DPP and ACRO he sees each have their own issues.
    Do you know what type of issues he’s seen with the ACRO? I was considering having a slide milled for one soon, but there really isn’t much info available about them other than the well documented battery problems.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    Do you know what type of issues he’s seen with the ACRO? I was considering having a slide milled for one soon, but there really isn’t much info available about them other than the well documented battery problems.
    That’s what the issue was. Crappy battery life. Which really isn’t an issue if your .gov and aren’t buying batteries.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    What do you mean by "better glass"? I have both ( and have had just about everything) and don't understand that comment. If you mean clearer I will grant you that, but the Trijicon are not clear on purpose.
    Less tint and less fish-eye distortion edge to edge. Like I said I don't think it really matters that much for a pistol mounted red dot as with target focus I don't notice it much at all, but it is a pretty obvious difference. Some people seem to be more annoyed by the tint/distortion on the RMR than others, I am not personally bothered by it

That’s what the issue was. Crappy battery life. Which really isn’t an issue if your .gov and aren’t buying batteries.
    For what it's worth I've been playing with the battery settings on my ACRO P1s. When left on setting 8 I got 6 weeks of life before I noticed the battery was visibly low. Aaron Cowan said that on the same setting he only got 2 weeks of life out of them, not really sure how to explain that. I have another that I have left on setting 7 that is going on its 3rd month with no issues.

Given side loading battery that you can swap out in about 30 seconds, I don't really see this as that much of a limitation.

Thanks. If I do it I’ll be going with the P-2 so hopefully battery life won’t be an issue anymore.

If you guys don’t know/follow @AsianJedi (Modern Samurai Project) I’d suggest doing so. He sees A LOT of optics in his classes since that’s really all he does - teach RDS classes. The last time I talked to him (last summer at RDS Instructor class) he really only recommended 2 brands as duty optics - RMR and Holosun. The DPP and ACRO he sees each have their own issues. He’s running a 509/Walther PDP right now (he is part of the Defense Division).

I’m really hoping our new duty pistols come in soon. My 509 belongs on a pistol, not sitting in a desk drawer.

I’m hoping that Vortex gets their MRDS squared away soon. I’ve heard they’re working on it.

I just mounted up a Holosun micro w green circle dot on one of our new 40mm LL launchers. Can’t wait to get that out and get it zeroed.

Attachment 73075
    Do you know where they sell those LMT 40mm launchers for for personal purchase? I have wanted one since I started carrying one professionally.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    Do you know where they sell those LMT 40mm launchers for for personal purchase? I have wanted one since I started carrying one professionally.
    Don’t think I’ve ever see a 40mm for sale for personal purchase. I’ve seen various 37mm “flare” launchers, but that’s it.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Just mounted this 508T. Milling by Jagerwerks. Really happy with them but would probably go with Maple Leaf for any future doublestack glocks.... though not sure if I have a lot of those left without optics cuts either finished or in the works sooner than later.

I need to pick up a HS 407c x2 for a USPSA gun. Is there a go to site for purchase these days? Any rumint on new offerings on the horizon from HS?

I bought my last one, a 507k from Brownell’s. Before that I bought a 507c at my LGS, who matched the Amazon price I quoted them.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    We have the 507c X2, 507k X2 and 508T in stock right now
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

User Tag List