Page 29 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    @JCN, thanks. That thing is so tiny, I had my reservations about loctiting it.

Mounted a 509T on my Glock 26, we'll see how things go with it.
    That's one of the potential uses of the E6000 I have lying around. I can put a dab on the outside of the screw if I were nervous and it's easy to peel off like rubber cement later if I wanted to.

It might be worth getting a Silver Sharpie and making a 6 o'clock Witness mark on the battery cover screw. But so far I have not ever had any issues with those types of screws without doing anything but regular torque.

UPS delivered a 507C X2 today. At first glance, I like it. The size of the glass is roughly the same as my RMR, but is less tinted than the RMR. I like the fact Holosun ships it with 8 screws, that's a nice touch. The reticle options are cool too.

I'm curious - how reliable is the shake awake? For a CCW gun, is it considered best practice to leave the dot on at all times, or rely on the shake awake feature?

I have a 507c, 508t, 2 507ks, and a 510c. One of the k's was balky when I first mounted it but healed itself and the rest have worked flawlessly. For on body concealed carry I don't think it will ever go to sleep unless you're completely immobile for an extended period.
    Last edited by DMCutter; 02-24-2021 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    UPS delivered a 507C X2 today. At first glance, I like it. The size of the glass is roughly the same as my RMR, but is less tinted than the RMR. I like the fact Holosun ships it with 8 screws, that's a nice touch. The reticle options are cool too.

I'm curious - how reliable is the shake awake? For a CCW gun, is it considered best practice to leave the dot on at all times, or rely on the shake awake feature?
    You can test your own unit to verify its working and if so you can roll with it. My two will instantly wake up from the smallest motion imaginable.

Lol looks like we had the same delivery. Got in a 507C X2 today as well.

On my Holosuns the shake awake has worked great. Just really like these optics.

Related to the original thread, I recently have seen Kyle Defoor state on IG that he views Holosuns as superior to Trijicon. Hes running them exclusively on his rds pistols it seems. Obviously it's a blanket statement but still never would have thought Holosun would ever achieve this level of recognition. It seems well-deserved.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Kirk; 02-25-2021 at 04:55 AM.

I'm curious - how reliable is the shake awake?
    I bought my 507c v2 for my G34 MOS USPSA gun in early Feb, so very little time on it so far. Every time I've gone to get a sight picture however, the dot has been on, without any specific "shake" movement on my part. It's just there.

The only early problem I've been having is the dot washing out as the auto brightness attempts to adjust based on ambient visibility. I would defer to others here with actual CCW dot experience, but I would probably look to setting the dot to "manual" brightness, accepting that the dot is going to be at the same brightness, but not having to deal with it washing out, either. I'm not sure what's optimal in this case for CCW, probably just another compromise you have to judge for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Mounted a 509T on my Glock 26
    Forum code 146.1182 subsection c: This serves as my request for photographic evidence while casting doubt on your proclamation if you so refuse.

I haven't jumped into dots yet but that setup was the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    Forum code 146.1182 subsection c: This serves as my request for photographic evidence while casting doubt on your proclamation if you so refuse.

I haven't jumped into dots yet but that setup was the plan.
    Name:  20210221_212901.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  37.5 KB
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Thanks for the feedback on the shake awake, everyone. I've tested it about 10 times today, and it's been reliable so far. I'll continue to vet it, and if it performs, I'll probably use it in an edc role.

Site Supporter
    I've used three different Holosuns on various long guns, never had an issue with them turning on.

Just mounted a 507C to my newly acquired P10C OR, looking forward to getting it zero'd this weekend. Wish I'd jumped on the pistol RDS bandwagon sooner!

User Tag List