Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 568

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

  1. #501
    Holosun replaced my 507K in under a week from when I mailed it off. Can't ask for better service than that. Better sight reliability, maybe.

  2. #502
    I still have a holosun block. Still haven’t forked over the cash for a dot. Year in the making or more. I keep telling myself Trijicon or aimpoint. Then I see holosun prices and it kills me.

  3. #503
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Away, away, away, down.......
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My 507K green and 407CO arrived today from Kenzie’s.

    I like the green, but quickly noted there is a lot of green in Montana and Alaska, and green might be a better desert color where red a better AK/MT color. I REALLY dig the 8 moa circle on the 407CO and look forward to shooting it.
    I personally didn’t care for green after playing with one in the green southeast during the day, but Aaron Cowan didn’t seem mind it in the last video he did on a green dot. I imagine at night I would like them more.

    For my brain and eyes the contrast of red seems to be easier/faster to pick up, and working in the landscaping I get paid to look for different shades of green surrounded by other stuff that is green, and I’m really good at it.

    However, with differences in individual perception and levels of color blindness etc. I do think more options on the market are a good thing.
    H4 HEADING – MUST EXPLAIN TO YOU HOW ALL THIS MISTAKEN IDEA OF DENOUNG PLEASURE AND PRAISING PAIN WAS U HOW ALL THIS MISTAKEN IDEA

  4. #504
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TEXAS !
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    I still have a holosun block. Still haven’t forked over the cash for a dot. Year in the making or more. I keep telling myself Trijicon or aimpoint. Then I see holosun prices and it kills me.
    The 509 has some issues which will apparently be addressed in the next generation. Other wise they are great optics for the $$$. To quote Scott Jedlinski “Chinese invented Gin Powder - get over it.”

    The 507 and 508 series are good to go.

    The new P2 is nice and I would choose it over anything Trijicon offers.

  5. #505
    P2 has my interest. I don’t know that it’ll fit on my m&P with a back up iron as well. Atei says it will with iron in fron OR a shim sight. No one else seems to offer it. “For the money” can be a negative but I see a lot of folks here like them a lot so I suppose it’s not a negative.

  6. #506
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Upper Michigan
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The 509 has some issues which will apparently be addressed in the next generation. Other wise they are great optics for the $$$. To quote Scott Jedlinski “Chinese invented Gin Powder - get over it.”

    The 507 and 508 series are good to go.

    The new P2 is nice and I would choose it over anything Trijicon offers.
    I have all 3 and prefer the 508 and 509. Just seem better built than the 507. Definitely like the bigger window on the 509.

  7. #507
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TEXAS !
    Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I have all 3 and prefer the 508 and 509. Just seem better built than the 507. Definitely like the bigger window on the 509.
    The 509s have some fish eye and there have been some with mount issues and reticle issues uncharacteristic of other Holosun products.

  8. #508
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TEXAS !
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    P2 has my interest. I don’t know that it’ll fit on my m&P with a back up iron as well. Atei says it will with iron in fron OR a shim sight. No one else seems to offer it. “For the money” can be a negative but I see a lot of folks here like them a lot so I suppose it’s not a negative.
    Nope.

    508 is an approved duty optic for my local PD (2k sworn) along with the RMR, DPP and ACRO. All the range staff I’ve seen chose 508s.

  9. #509
    Have you seen anymore of one type of dot go down ?
    I’d assume the cost was an incentive for some. I see them for $369. Over $100 less than an rmr I think.
    Last edited by newyork; 06-19-2021 at 04:35 AM.

  10. #510
    THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    West
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Have you seen anymore of one type of dot go down ?
    I’d assume the cost was an incentive for some. I see them for $369. Over $100 less than an rmr I think.
    You can get an RMR for about $450 at Euro optic, so it's more of an $80 difference

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •