Page 97 of 101 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

2024 SHOT new product review from Holosun:

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by rawkguitarist View Post
    Thanks. Price isn’t an issue. For carry optics, in my experience/research Holosun is still the standard. Features, reliability, and those I trust with way more experience favoring them, etc. I don’t believe there’s anything close to the EPS and EPS Carry. I’m more than open to being wrong though.
    Lets say someone lined up all of the currently available pistol dot optics and hid the branding completely, then asked people to evaluate and choose the best one for their needs. The EPS and 507 Comp are getting chosen by the majority and I'd bet money on it. The new SCS carry with the K footprint is going to be another slam dunk. Holosun is beating us with capitalism and it's a frustrating paradox that their emitter technology is locked up in a Chinese PLA company.
    Sometimes I want to listen to Ken Hackathorn and just go back to irons.

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    Lets say someone lined up all of the currently available pistol dot optics and hid the branding completely, then asked people to evaluate and choose the best one for their needs. The EPS and 507 Comp are getting chosen by the majority and I'd bet money on it. The new SCS carry with the K footprint is going to be another slam dunk. Holosun is beating us with capitalism and it's a frustrating paradox that their emitter technology is locked up in a Chinese PLA company.
    Sometimes I want to listen to Ken Hackathorn and just go back to irons.
    507comp isn't enough to make we want to abandon my SRO. I don't think any electronic you screw to pistol slide will last forever, but every holosun I've ever bought has gone back. Some right out of the box. My SRO hasn't crapped out yet and I've shot more than any holosun I've had. The 507comp is a little cheaper, I'll wait for a sale on the SRO.

EPS, if I wanted an enclosed emitter optic and didn't care about size I'd consider the RMR or an acro. The EPS carry, I don't know, nothing is that compact yet, holosun has that so far.

Quote Originally Posted by bofe954 View Post
    507comp isn't enough to make we want to abandon my SRO. I don't think any electronic you screw to pistol slide will last forever, but every holosun I've ever bought has gone back. Some right out of the box. My SRO hasn't crapped out yet and I've shot more than any holosun I've had. The 507comp is a little cheaper, I'll wait for a sale on the SRO.

EPS, if I wanted an enclosed emitter optic and didn't care about size I'd consider the RMR or an acro. The EPS carry, I don't know, nothing is that compact yet, holosun has that so far.
    Several years ago, I observed about a 20 percent infant mortality failure rate with H brand optics. For the last several years, I have found them to be as reliable or more so than any red optics, and I have a bunch of them. There are a lot of high round count installations of the 507 comp happening, due to their wide acceptance in competition shooting.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Several years ago, I observed about a 20 percent infant mortality failure rate with H brand optics. For the last several years, I have found them to be as reliable or more so than any red optics, and I have a bunch of them. There are a lot of high round count installations of the 507 comp happening, due to their wide acceptance in competition shooting.
    This is consistent with my experience as well. Holosun is starting to dominate in all the optics divisions around here as well. There are still quite a few SRO users, but other than that, it's pretty much all Holosun. I also just like the features offered better than any other options. The AEMS is my favorite carbine red dot and the EPS is my favorite pistol optic.

Site Supporter
    Just here to add a small data point and positive experience about Holosun's warranty process. I bought a lightly used 507c x2, mounted it on a G19.5 MOS via CHPWS plate to lose the (-) button function after about 500 rounds. Reached out to Holosun, they sent me a pre-paid label and had the optic on its way back to me within a week of their receipt of it. Can't complain about that, and it certainly reinforced the concept of having a vetting process/period for any piece of kit!

Quote Originally Posted by bofe954 View Post

Have a few eps carry over 15k rounds each .Max over 30k. Holding up.

They do have high initial death rate.

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Have a few eps carry over 15k rounds each .Max over 30k. Holding up.

They do have high initial death rate.
    I counted boxes yesterday and have 14 various Holosun dots. Add to that at least 6 on guns I've sold.
    I have yet to have any fail or arrive DOA.
    Just received a PSA Rock range toy and trying to decide which Holosun to add to it.
    How can you govern a country which has two hundred and forty-six varieties of cheese?

Charles de Gaulle

Quote Originally Posted by md8232 View Post
    I counted boxes yesterday and have 14 various Holosun dots. Add to that at least 6 on guns I've sold.
    I have yet to have any fail or arrive DOA.
    Just received a PSA Rock range toy and trying to decide which Holosun to add to it.
    14 or 20, shows promise!

I would be embarrassed how many Holosun optics I have. I buy them based on features not price. They are as, or more reliable, than any of the other pistol optics I use. They didn't used to be when they started but they are now.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    14 or 20, shows promise!

I would be embarrassed how many Holosun optics I have. I buy them based on features not price. They are as, or more reliable, than any of the other pistol optics I use. They didn't used to be when they started but they are now.
    Probably just luck as some units go back about 8 years. While features are important to me, price is king here on the hill.
    How can you govern a country which has two hundred and forty-six varieties of cheese?

Charles de Gaulle

User Tag List