Page 98 of 101 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

Anyone have any insight on the best-suited Holosun optic for a turkey hunting shotgun? Would prefer a circle + dot option and enclosed emitter.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    ...They are as, or more reliable, than any of the other pistol optics I use...
    So, choice between SRO and Holosun Comp, price aside, what would your pick be?
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    So, choice between SRO and Holosun Comp, price aside, what would your pick be?
    Holosun 507 Comp without question. Just as the SRO supplanted the DP Pro, the 507 Comp is quickly doing the same to the SRO.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Has anyone who has used both the SCS and a 507/EPS MRS compare the auto brightness modes in each? I REALLY appreciate the effectiveness of the auto adjustment in the SCS MOS, but after buying a red 407k a P322 I realize that my eyes see red very cleanly while, unless in direct sunlight, the green is really just a bright aiming “area” rather than a precise aiming point.
    Secondarily, is there a real practical advantage to that clean, precise dot other than zeroing or shooting B8’s? In a class last weekend I was able to make hits on a C zone steel out to 100 yds with the SCS, so maybe I’m making a mountain out of a mole hill?
    Last edited by Chefdog; 03-01-2024 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chefdog View Post
    Has anyone who has used both the SCS and a 507/EPS MRS compare the auto brightness modes in each? I REALLY appreciate the effectiveness of the auto adjustment in the SCS MOS, but after buying a red 407k for my son’s P322 I realize that my eyes see red very cleanly while, unless in direct sunlight, the green is really just a bright aiming “area” rather than a precise aiming point.
    Secondarily, is there a real practical advantage to that clean, precise dot other than zeroing or shooting B8’s? In a class last weekend I was able to make hits on a C zone steel out to 100 yds with the SCS, so maybe I’m making a mountain out of a mole hill?
    I think a "clean, precise" dot is overrated and may be a sign you are focusing on the dot rather than your target. A particular challenge with a B8 is getting sucked into the dot rather than the B8, as your eyes are taunted by that bobbing and weaving red thing, rather than snapping to the next target.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I think a "clean, precise" dot is overrated and may be a sign you are focusing on the dot rather than your target. A particular challenge with a B8 is getting sucked into the dot rather than the B8, as your eyes are taunted by that bobbing and weaving red thing, rather than snapping to the next target.
    I’m working on proper focus which lead me to not selling the SCS and giving it a try, and it didn’t seem to hinder my shooting. What I’ve noticed in the short time I’ve had it is that it’s much easier outdoors to see past the dot because it appears much smaller and sharper, but if dry firing inside the dot is actually several small dots in an amoeba shape and draws my vision to the dot and away from the target. If I could get red in an optic that has auto adjust as effective as the SCS I think it would be the best of both worlds for me.
    Last edited by Chefdog; 03-01-2024 at 09:59 AM.

Anybody have any feedback (good or bad) on the EPS?

I’m looking at that one because it uses the K footprint, which helps with direct milling on narrow slides such a 1911/2011 or CZ Shadows slides while still having a decent size window. Other reason it appeals to me is it’s one of the few red dots HS offers that is a 6MOA dot.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ECK View Post

I’m looking at that one because it uses the K footprint, which helps with direct milling on narrow slides such a 1911/2011 or CZ Shadows slides while still having a decent size window. Other reason it appeals to me is it’s one of the few red dots HS offers that is a 6MOA dot.
    The EPS seems to be very well liked here. My brother has one- very low deck height, decent size window, super crisp and clear dot and glass.

I have a regular 6 MOA red dot EPS and I like it a lot. Out of the pistol red dots that I have my favorite is the EPS. Primarily due to the clarity of the lenses and the 6 MOA dot. It's become my go-to red dot. I'm going to install a red dot on CZ-75 SAO 9mm and a .45ACP 1911 in the future and unless something significantly better comes along both of those pistols will have EPS Carry red dots on them.

I have a half dozen in use on a variety of pistols including a 10mm Glock and Sig, and a number of different 9mm pistols. Yet to have an issue and they are my favorite carry optic because of being sealed, having such a low deck height allowing regular irons to work, and the option of a 6 moa dot.

User Tag List