Page 38 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    DSP - How are these in use? Are they a hard plastic or more like a silicone? Just curious what your thoughts are after using these for a while.

I see another option on Amazon that's listed as a silicone type material:

https://www.amazon.com/Dream-Plastic...-goods&sr=1-25
    They are likely 3D printed. They are stiffer than silicone options I have for RMRs but still have a little flex.

They work great for my use, which is mainly just extra protection while in the safe or to keep chemical splatter off of the lens while cleaning.

I’ve tried the range panda ones for an SRO and they are almost exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    They are likely 3D printed. They are stiffer than silicone options I have for RMRs but still have a little flex.

They work great for my use, which is mainly just extra protection while in the safe or to keep chemical splatter off of the lens while cleaning.

I’ve tried the range panda ones for an SRO and they are almost exactly the same.
    DSP did you like the Range Panda one for SROs or .......

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    DSP did you like the Range Panda one for SROs or .......
    I didn’t keep the SRO for very long, but it worked just fine. If neither had logos I doubt I could tell the difference between the Hugo and the Range Panda. I guess it gets bonus points for having Panda in the name though.

I use the Strike Industries jellyfish for my RMR and slightly prefer the silicone feel of it over the 3D printed feel of the Range Panda or the Hugo, but that’s being really nitpicky. The truth is they are all just fitted pieces of plastic and I don’t ask much of them so they’ll all do the job.

I ordered a Hugo Industries cover for both my 507c v2 and 507k v2, and they arrived today.

https://hugoindustries.com/collectio...sun-507k-optic
    https://hugoindustries.com/collectio...nd-507c-optics

For $10 ea, I was pretty impressed. Fit is tight and secure. They seem to be a little flexy but not a whole lot; just enough to snap around the optic base.

They seem to be that 3D printing stuff; I am not familiar and this is the first item I've ever seen "printed", but it's fine. It is a little crude looking, but I would ascribe that to the manufacturing technique, not being injection molded. But it's fine, as say for the price point especially. He's even molded them with a little cut out on the right side to fit around the side loading battery tray. Neat.

It'd be cool if it came in orange, or had a hole to thread a clip / lanyard onto (but I can drill one easy enough) but I am pretty pleased with this for something to put over the optic while the guns are in the safe or being cleaned or dropped in the range bag.

I'd mark these pretty highly, so far. Hopefully they will continue to be durable and stay on.

Name:  IMG_8808.jpg
Views: 757
Size:  35.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_8809.jpg
Views: 753
Size:  42.5 KB

Kenzie's Optics has the 507c modle with the ACSS chevron in stock. I'm tempted to snag one but I don't know that I like the idea of a big chevron for a pistol. I would prefer it for a rifle to be honest.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    About a week ago I had a 407C go out of zero
    and loose adjustment.
    I received an email reply within a couple of hours
    (considering east vs west coast time difference)
    after my initial inquiry and a shipping label a couple
    hour's later, the package went out the following day,
    so far, pretty impressive.

PM me if you'd like the contact info for the gentleman
    that's helped me out.
    I just wanted to note, on day eleven, including the day of
    my initial email I received a new 407C, not bad considering
    Three days shipping each way and a weekend.
    Only two minor although not at all surprising (high hopes)
    disappointments, I sent in a V2 (large buttons) and got back
    an X2 (small buttons) and didn't get the option to upgrade to
    a 508T as noted in the original form, all and all the small buttons haven't bugged me on my old 507C and I only wanted the T for the housing upgrade, I'd guess neither were available
    I've gotta say, the chinese manufacture is bothersome but,
    this is my third Holoson rds, and my first problem which was
    handled with excellent customer service, 250 rd's on the new 407 X2 with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Utm View Post
    Had the plus sign on my brightness adjuster stop working on my 508t version 1. Emailed Holosun about 5 days ago and no response. Anyone tips?
    I was able to get my holosun 508t v1 replaced with a 508t x2. My faith has been restored in holosuns customer service

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    Kenzie's Optics has the 507c modle with the ACSS chevron in stock. I'm tempted to snag one but I don't know that I like the idea of a big chevron for a pistol. I would prefer it for a rifle to be honest.
    Buy it, try it and if you don’t like it sell it for $0 loss because they are typically back ordered 2 months. Use code cowan10 for 10% off.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Buy it, try it and if you don’t like it sell it for $0 loss because they are typically back ordered 2 months. Use code cowan10 for 10% off.
    I would have but they sold out very quickly so it's too late now.

I was at the range the other day, and being new to Holosun Dots, I forgot exactly what combination of button presses did what. I checked the Internet but had a bad connection and could not download the manual on the spot. I should have brought a copy, but forgot it at home.

Anyway, to help with that I created a "Quick Reference Card" for myself with the commonly used controls and a couple graphics snagged from the HS507c v2 manual, plus some other useful (for me) information. I hope I got it right, but if you see any errors, please let me know.

The format is two-sided, approximately 3"x5", to fit into a pocket. Just print, cut it out and fold over to use in your range bag or what not.

Hope this helps somebody out.

Name:  IMG_8885.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  56.8 KB

Download for the Quick Reference Card PDF:

qrc_507c_v0.pdf

User Tag List