Page 61 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

Was helping one of our armorers mount a 507c today on a Gen 5 17MOS and the dot was intermittent. Very dim, then brighten a bit, then shut off. New battery did not fix anything. So it’ll have to go back. The Officer will be borrowing my RMR in the meantime.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Was helping one of our armorers mount a 507c today on a Gen 5 17MOS and the dot was intermittent. Very dim, then brighten a bit, then shut off. New battery did not fix anything. So it’ll have to go back. The Officer will be borrowing my RMR in the meantime.
    Just for perspective, did you/they try switching the mode to see if it was in auto-adjust?

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    Just for perspective, did you/they try switching the mode to see if it was in auto-adjust?
    I did. Lighting never changed and I watched it just change back and forth between dim, a little brighter and then off while I was holding it in my hand.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

I'm still hesitantly approaching a RDS for a carry/defense gun. Between the 507c x2 and the RMR2, which to choose?

It seems like the RMR2 has the edge on reliability and longevity? On the other hand, the Holosuns do not need to be removed from the plate for battery changes, and that seems like a big advantage. Reticle choice on the Holosun is an added feature, but not something I care about.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I'm still hesitantly approaching a RDS for a carry/defense gun. Between the 507c x2 and the RMR2, which to choose?

It seems like the RMR2 has the edge on reliability and longevity? On the other hand, the Holosuns do not need to be removed from the plate for battery changes, and that seems like a big advantage. Reticle choice on the Holosun is an added feature, but not something I care about.
    RMR2 is pretty bombproof. The Holosun single lens units(507/508) are really good too and I think the battery change is not a really big deal. If you like the convenience of the Holosun battery tray, have at it. The RMR2 has been extensively tested by US military,etc.
    The Holosun has a little more “friendly” window.
    Trade offs with all of them.
    And I’m in the enclosed emitters camp, FWIW.

I have heard Steve Fisher say specifically that in his personal experiences, his RMR Type 2s have had a higher failure rate than his Holosuns when used on pistols.

Just a single, albeit notable, anecdote. I personally would still get an RMR, because fuck Holosun, but that's a personal choice that's also colored by the fact that I never had any issues with my RMR Type 1s that couldn't be fixed with a fresh battery.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    RMR2 is pretty bombproof. The Holosun single lens units(507/508) are really good too and I think the battery change is not a really big deal. If you like the convenience of the Holosun battery tray, have at it. The RMR2 has been extensively tested by US military,etc.
    The Holosun has a little more “friendly” window.
    Trade offs with all of them.
    And I’m in the enclosed emitters camp, FWIW.
    Thanks. And I agree about enclosed. I just don’t see one that fits on a P-07, with BUIS.

No SRO?
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    No SRO?
    I now have one on my Carry Optics Shadow2. So far so good on that. But the SRO's a little big for a carry gun. Mixed opinions on battery life as well.

I now have one on my Carry Optics Shadow2. So far so good on that. But the SRO's a little big for a carry gun. Mixed opinions on battery life as well.
    While I am not suggesting a SRO for carry, it's mass is at the front lens so it carries as well as an RMR. Plus, it's battery lasts longer than a P1 Acro.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List