Page 82 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    ...I didn't appreciate just how low the SCS deck height really is.
    When I was milling for red dots with batteries on the bottom, I made some simple shims from SS stock. You could actually have your iron sights anywhere in the window you like.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    When I was milling for red dots with batteries on the bottom, I made some simple shims from SS stock. You could actually have your iron sights anywhere in the window you like.
    No, I’m good with it.

I’m hoping the SCS will eventually be made in a variant to direct mount on the SIG P365X and XL, but SIG’s seemingly weekly changes on other platforms may scare them off.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    No, I’m good with it.

I’m hoping the SCS will eventually be made in a variant to direct mount on the SIG P365X and XL, but SIG’s seemingly weekly changes on other platforms may scare them off.
    The good news is that those guns are essentially using a variation on the RMSc footprint that is 507K compatible, so the intellectual property is already there for Holosun. Just have to have the desire and ability to fit this optic into that footprint. I'm assuming going that small will mean losing out on some battery size.

Understanding that this is a pistol optic thread, I jsut wanted to report that I recently finished a multi-day shotgun class and had a Holosun HS507C X2 mounted to my 1301 and that red dot was amazing. Took he abuse of lot's of slugs, held it's zero and resulted in that shotgun being deadly accurate (was EASILY hitting an 8-inch plate at 50 yards for timed drills that involved port loading and select slug). Almost made it too easy. With that said I was VERY happy and impressed with the performance of that Holosun pistol red dot I mounted on the shotgun.

Site Supporter
    Not sure if this has been posted here yet, but the EPS will be available in 2 moa, 6 moa, and multi reticle (with and without solar failsafe). The multi reticle carry model will be out first in late June or July.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted here yet, but the EPS will be available in 2 moa, 6 moa, and multi reticle (with and without solar failsafe). The multi reticle carry model will be out first in late June or July.
    I'm not seeing anything about a 6 MOA version but if you're correct I'm definitely interested.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    I'm not seeing anything about a 6 MOA version but if you're correct I'm definitely interested.
    I asked about reticle options at their booth at NRA annual meeting. It seems like a recent decision to produce all the reticle options.

The battery in my 508t (red) died after 6 months of use on the battery it came with. I’ve been running it in max brightness using the single dot. I noticed it was done when I found the dot to be very dim and not responsive to brightness adjustments.

This is on my duty gun, so it’s gotten around 40 hours a week of run time for those six months. I’ve replaced the battery with a Duracell, so I’ll see how much time I get out of that, but I suspect I’ll plan on replacing them every six months just to be safe.

I’m coming up on a year for the battery on my off duty piece with a 507c being run in the same manner but it doesn’t get nearly as much constant on time.
    For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Romans 13:4 KJV

Quote Originally Posted by 3-7-77 View Post
    The battery in my 508t (red) died after 6 months of use on the battery it came with. I’ve been running it in max brightness using the single dot. I noticed it was done when I found the dot to be very dim and not responsive to brightness adjustments.

This is on my duty gun, so it’s gotten around 40 hours a week of run time for those six months. I’ve replaced the battery with a Duracell, so I’ll see how much time I get out of that, but I suspect I’ll plan on replacing them every six months just to be safe.

I’m coming up on a year for the battery on my off duty piece with a 507c being run in the same manner but it doesn’t get nearly as much constant on time.
    If you are not finding the dot to "bloom" severely at max brightness, you might take a look at a green dot if you the opportunity. I've discussed it in other threads, but I have found that I need a much lower brightness setting on the Holosun greens to be effective and that many peoples' reds are turned down so dim I can barely see them (although they report no issues). I have some relatively mild color vision deficiencies, but this has really highlighted it for me.

Ok, it’s really funny you mentioned that. I have a 509t in green and It looks worlds brighter at max brightness than the red. I’ve also played with it on auto setting moving from dark to light and against a white light and it doesn’t wash out for me like the red does. I may have to play with that more.
    For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Romans 13:4 KJV

User Tag List