Page 42 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    I received another 507C. Mounted it to a direct milled G19 and discovered it suffers from "infant mortality" (GJM's term, IIRC).

The dot blinks on and off when I shake the gun. In manual mode, the dot is extremely dim from levels 1 - 11. At level 12, it jumps up suddenly in brightness. Installed a new Duracell and the problem persists. It will go back to the factory.

My lesson: function test before mounting.
    Update on my earlier post regarding a defective 507C:

Yesterday I used the warranty return page on the Holosun website. The process was very straight forward, and in about 2 hours Holosun emailed me a postage-paid return label. This is my first experience with HS customer service, and so far I'm impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Did you try the circle reticle in those light conditions?
    I actually ran it that way at the match today. It did seem to help with the washout however I am not sure how I would like the circle at longer distances. I will have to try it out in practice.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    I've recently got a 507c on my own Glock 34. When I have the cross hairs and the dot up, I find it very hard to stay focused on the target, as there's so much in the window that the target seems almost obscured, especially in dim light. Is this an indication of me doing something wrong? Has anybody else experienced something like this? Anything I should try? The obvious answer (and what has worked for me) is turn the reticle off and use the pinpoint dot. The crosshairs are much quicker for me to acquire in the window, however, so if I can make it work, I'd like to.
    Several posters here suggested I try circle only for the 507c. I was finally able to hit the range recently, and got another crack at things. My precision went way, way up in circle only mode. This may be due to the absence of central dot. It may be due to the fact that I'm pretty new, and don't get to go to the range on a regular basis, so I'm in a phase of learning where I am rapidly improving just due to dry fire. After re-zeroing, I was able to consistently put most of my shots in the black on a b8 at 25 yards, (25/31), and at 7 yards I was making large ragged holes.

Thanks for all the help, y'all, here and in other posts. Basically 95% of everything I know about shooting has come from this forum.

Yesterday I came up to a conclusion that my 507K's dot wasn't bright enough. I reached out to @moderators and was told to check the battery. Later that night the optic told me that the battery needed a change.

It's been about 8 weeks since I put a fresh Renata in. I run my dots very bright. Is this what you all are seeing for the battery lives with yours?
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Yesterday I came up to a conclusion that my 507K's dot wasn't bright enough. I reached out to @moderators and was told to check the battery. Later that night the optic told me that the battery needed a change.

It's been about 8 weeks since I put a fresh Renata in. I run my dots very bright. Is this what you all are seeing for the battery lives with yours?
    I have two 507Ks, a V2 and X2. I keep both at one click below max. I have not replaced either battery and one of them was from last summer (before the V2s were discontinued.

Well, I'll try again. Some of that time the reticle was on a circle - dot, I wonder it that eats more battery. Now dot only, but on a max.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Just as a possibly salient point, I always test every button cell before putting it into service, with a digital battery tester. Some surprises have been avoided that way.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Well, I'll try again. Some of that time the reticle was on a circle - dot, I wonder it that eats more battery. Now dot only, but on a max.
    My understanding is that circle-dot uses more energy than just dot and you’ll see a corresponding decrease in battery life.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    My understanding is that circle-dot uses more energy than just dot and you’ll see a corresponding decrease in battery life.
    It has to drive a lot more light out of the emmiter... TANSTAAFL.

Site Supporter

509T MOS Plate

Has anyone had any luck finding the factory Holosun 509T MOS plates? I see them on the Holosun site, but none of their dealers seem to have them.

User Tag List