Page 19 of 101 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

[QUOTE=23JAZ;1151965]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Bought a birthday present for myself. Dropped it on a Lone Wolf slide with the Holosun RMR/509 adapter. The RMR cut in the LW slide sucks and isn’t very deep. I just wanted to play around a it. It’s gonna go on a G26 slide in the near future. Fits just fine in a 6390RDS.

QUOTE]
    I do not like how high the 509 sits. I wonder how much lower a C&H plate will be able to get it.
    Attachment 64225
    That’s one of the things I waiting to see.

I’m also looking at Jagerwerks’ direct milled option. If I decide I like it. I have a feeling that most people won’t like how high it sits on adapter plates.

What I really want is for Brownells to get on board and make a precut slide like they do for the RMR and the ACRO.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Silencerco barrel and Parker Mountain Machine Comp. the comp is profiled to fit perfect with a slide that is a G5 or G26 profile. Since I was using an AIM surplus slide I had to do a little filing to make it work. I’ll touch it up some more and blacken the filed areas when I decide whether I like the comp’d 26.
    Thanks for great run down! Much appreciated.

[QUOTE=Lon;1151972]
    Quote Originally Posted by 23JAZ View Post

That’s one of the things I waiting to see.

I’m also looking at Jagerwerks’ direct milled option. If I decide I like it. I have a feeling that most people won’t like how high it sits on adapter plates.

What I really want is for Brownells to get on board and make a precut slide like they do for the RMR and the ACRO.
    I’ve got a 507C X2 on the way. I love how low my 507K sits on my 43X and want to see what a 507C will be like on the deeper G19 cut.

if anyone is looking for the 507k v2 https://www.aaaoptics.com/store/c1/H...Holosun-Sights has them in stock with free shipping. I got mine in 2 days.

Mike
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

Name:  407co.jpg
Views: 667
Size:  10.3 KB
    Had this happen to my relatively new V2 407, haven't shot it a whole lot (350rds total), no one handed racking and carried for a bit, somewhat an annoyance as I'm coming to grips that every RDS I use does this eventually. Ironically, the reason I mounted the Holosun on my gun was because the RMR started doing the exact same thing a week ago. I've had this happen to another RMR I own, both Holosun and Trijicon have done good work on fixing this, however.

Name:  holosun407v1.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  23.2 KB
    This happened earlier this year after taking two classes where a lot of one handed malfunction clearances were done off a holster.

Quote Originally Posted by Olim9 View Post
    Name:  407co.jpg
Views: 667
Size:  10.3 KB
    Had this happen to my relatively new V2 407, haven't shot it a whole lot (350rds total), no one handed racking and carried for a bit, somewhat an annoyance as I'm coming to grips that every RDS I use does this eventually. Ironically, the reason I mounted the Holosun on my gun was because the RMR started doing the exact same thing a week ago. I've had this happen to another RMR I own, both Holosun and Trijicon have done good work on fixing this, however.

Name:  holosun407v1.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  23.2 KB
    This happened earlier this year after taking two classes where a lot of one handed malfunction clearances were done off a holster.
    Wow. That sucks. Have to ask, especially in the 407 that hasnt seen one handed manipulations. What is it rubbing up against? I’ve had an RMR that I’ve carried since the release of the MOS system that shown no sign of wear on the buttons.

As for one handed manipulations, since I learned to use the rear iron as the hook, my muscle memory has me rolling the gun far enough to catch the top of the optic vs the side. I’ll still need to keep an eye out. Those silicone/rubber button caps probably aren’t designed for that.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader8207 View Post
    if anyone is looking for the 507k v2 https://www.aaaoptics.com/store/c1/H...Holosun-Sights has them in stock with free shipping. I got mine in 2 days.

Mike
    I don't understand the disclaimer: "Important Note:

This model will fit Sig Sauer P365 XL only. It will not fit any other models. Please do not buy this model unless you have a P365 XL."

Is this model somehow specific to that particular gun only? And if so...why?
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I don't understand the disclaimer: "Important Note:

This model will fit Sig Sauer P365 XL only. It will not fit any other models. Please do not buy this model unless you have a P365 XL."

Is this model somehow specific to that particular gun only? And if so...why?
    That's a good question and I do not know the answer. I will say, right out of the box it went on the XL with the supplied screws. I can't imagine that you would not be able to have a slide milled for it to fit.
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

I believe that the point is that every other gun with a factory Shield RMSc cut has four recoil bosses instead of two and requires milling or a plate to adapt to the 507k/407k. I know this to be the case on the Hellcat and 43X.

If you've got something else, just file or mill off the rear bosses.

It’s weird. I looked on Agency Arms site and they list the 507k X2 as one of 2 options for the G48/43x. They sell the 507k x2 for like $45 more than the link provided.

I wonder what’s up with that. If it’s good to go on the 48 one may as well save a little at that link except for the fact it lists it there as 365xl only.

Is Agency gtg for milling and red dot install btw?
    Does the RMRc fit the 48?
    Last edited by newyork; 12-09-2020 at 07:03 AM.

User Tag List