Page 100 of 101 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1008

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    and the big one -- the ability to have a zeroed spare that you could slap right on in the event of a failure.
    This is new info to me. Clearly I missed this. Is that a function of the Acro clamp mount setup?

Some personal experience, fwiw…

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    This is new info to me. Clearly I missed this. Is that a function of the Acro clamp mount setup?
    Not @GJM, but here’s some personal experience. I’ve had a few occasions where I’ve taken an enclosed emitter off a gun (Glock MOS) and then reattached with the designated torque. I didn’t see a difference in impact at 20 to 25 yards. The 509T has a unique footprint-“ACRO-like” but not the same specifications. But the concept/design is similar: a crossbar with clamp. So, you could interchange with two 509Ts.
    As an aside, the ACRO footprint is shared by the C&H DUTY and the Lead and Steel PB-3. The Steiner MPS is similar, but I don’t have enough experience across examples.
    Bottom line for me: on the same pistol, identical sights, torqued the same, have hit nearly identical as far as I can tell.
    OMMV

Whenever I remount a 509, it has always remained zeroed.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    https://www.vermilionchina.com/p/hol...se-or-american

Posted without opinion at this time as I'm still processing the article.
    I care, but I didn't need this article to tell me this. Nothing in it is that new or not already known.

I own a few Holosun optics, because, honestly, they're quite good, they're cheap, they're readily available, and nobody is making a Shield RMSC size optic anywhere near as good as the EPS Carry.

My problem is they make me feel dirty and I know I'm supporting an evil regime that is our enemy when I buy one and use it.

I'd much rather give my business and money to Trijicon, a US manufacturer that prints a darn Bible verse on the side, or to Leupold, and I do purchase those manufacturers when I can. Good luck finding an in-stock RMR HD that isn't at scalpers prices.

Trijicon is expensive and very slow and Leupold and EOTech are stuck in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    I care, but I didn't need this article to tell me this. Nothing in it is that new or not already known.

I own a few Holosun optics, because, honestly, they're quite good, they're cheap, they're readily available, and nobody is making a Shield RMSC size optic anywhere near as good as the EPS Carry.

My problem is they make me feel dirty and I know I'm supporting an evil regime that is our enemy when I buy one and use it.

I'd much rather give my business and money to Trijicon, a US manufacturer that prints a darn Bible verse on the side, or to Leupold, and I do purchase those manufacturers when I can. Good luck finding an in-stock RMR HD that isn't at scalpers prices.

Trijicon is expensive and very slow and Leupold and EOTech are stuck in the past.
    I'm in the same boat. Have some holosuns on some stuff I don't use much. Have an EPS carry. I have an SRO on my competition gun, the back up will get an SRO too. It's not that much more than the holosun comp. Going forward I will likely work harder to stay away from holosun. I don't shoot anything professionally. If I can't afford something else, I can probably just wait awhile until I can.

Have been trying to get away from chinese stuff in other areas as well.

Saw this on IG, wanna say it’s the V development group guy but not certain…

Name:  1D00857E-6BBF-4613-B26D-5E2D5F39C97F.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  50.9 KB

Name:  BB2D511F-3489-4466-BCE6-D05781CDE806.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  65.9 KB

I've had time to collect thoughts. The article doesn't really give information we didn't already know aside from highlighting how direct to the PRC this relationship really is. We all knew bits and pieces, but this article lays it all out in a cohesive information dump. What I don't appreciate about the article is the end conclusion where it dictates how we should react or pretends this is a black and white issue without shades of grey.
    If one holds the opinion that Holosun's current lineup is superior to everything else out there technologically, then does it make sense to not get the best product even with what we know about the company? If the PLA has these optics, we should be equal to them.
    What has clouded this issue for is the RMR HD. The auto adjust on that optic by all reports has surpassed Holosun and an American company has finally done something to push ahead.

I typically stay out of this subject because I've grown to dislike discussing politics online, but, one salient point that I think specifically applies to Chinese optics is: Trijicon and Leupold do not deserve my business simply by virtue of where they happen to be located. They have to earn it by providing a quality, competitive product. If we were all to only buy from them based on nation of origin alone, they would be much less incentivized to develop products to compete with the Chinese company that's running laps around them when it comes to innovation.

As a specific case in point, Trijicon needs to understand that its decision to use a proprietary footprint for the RMRcc was completely daft. They get that message by watching people buy K series optics (and watching manufacturers do factory K cuts on compact guns in response). That's not to mention the already stated point that the EPS Carry is just hands down the best micro optic on the market, and also doesn't look like it's going to be surpassed except by a new Holosun offering.

I think part of the point will be driven home in the near future. Holosun has probably already deconstructed the auto adjust in the RMR HD. Next shot show, we may very well see EPS optics with the auto adjust feature on par, at a $200 cheaper price point. The SCS dots aren't far behind as it is.
    Case in point, I have a total of 5 Holosun mini red dots in my household: 2 - 507c, 1 - 508t, 1 EPS Red 6, 1 509T. Going by Eurooptic's price for the RMR HD, is it my patriotic duty to spend $3,225 plus tax and shipping to replace all of those with the American assembled RMR HDs and reward Trijicon for figuring out auto adjust? To be fair, it would be offset some by selling the Holosun optics on the used market for a loss. In the Biden economy where my grocery bill stands out in my budget software way more than it did a few years ago, it's a bitter pill.
    For another point of discussion, staying in the same price range as Holosun, is it morally superior to buy the Vortex Defender red dots now that they have brought those products to an acceptable parity with at least the Holosun open emitter dots? Their dots are made in China, but the company itself is a wholly American entity that doesn't have any obligation to the PRC and markets to American shooters exclusively. There's no chance you'll see Vortex optics on PLA firearms. What about Sig optics?
    It's a complicated topic, and I'm not sure spending more on the dot than the pistol it's on is the final answer.

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    For another point of discussion, staying in the same price range as Holosun, is it morally superior to buy the Vortex Defender red dots now that they have brought those products to an acceptable parity with at least the Holosun open emitter dots? Their dots are made in China, but the company itself is a wholly American entity that doesn't have any obligation to the PRC and markets to American shooters exclusively. There's no chance you'll see Vortex optics on PLA firearms. What about Sig optics?
    It's a complicated topic, and I'm not sure spending more on the dot than the pistol it's on is the final answer.
    The Vortex defender is not in the same league as the Holosun open emitters. They have refresh rate issues that make shooting less intuitive because you can actually see the dot flicker.

The previous generation of Sig handgun optics (Romeo Zero, Romeo Zero Elite, Romeo 1) wasn’t good at all. The newer Romeo X Compact is getting great reviews though. The Romeo X Pro is also supposedly really well built and has done well in agency testing. It does look like Sig is starting to catch up to Holosun but they still lack an enclosed emitter optic that fits the RMSc or Holosun K footprint.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List