Page 60 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Crossposting from the Glock photo thread, but here are a few of my holosun equipped handguns, with RMR equipped pair to match

I take it you like Glocks?

Name:  p365xl-hs507k.jpg
Views: 931
Size:  43.8 KB

I have a Greyguns aftermarket frame on it now, don't have a pic handy.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyCNY View Post
    I take it you like Glocks?

Name:  p365xl-hs507k.jpg
Views: 931
Size:  43.8 KB

I have a Greyguns aftermarket frame on it now, don't have a pic handy.
    Just like Apple stuff, I ended up in an ecosystem and haven't really found a reason to leave ... all the plastic guns are basically the same to me anyway.

Name:  234C84BD-0630-4359-859A-926B5A30731F.jpg
Views: 871
Size:  28.3 KBName:  1A33B1EF-678D-4FBE-B041-F7236C41A603.jpg
Views: 852
Size:  43.4 KB
    365x is definitely in the running to replace the 43 in the pic as my regular carry gun. And the holosun really adds to the fun.

Site Supporter

509T smoking deal!

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Given the expectation of an "X2" model coming out soon, I'm not sure why it would make sense to buy one of these, price notwithstanding.

I'd rather have an open emitter X2 e.g. 507c for now, for practice; you could sell it later if you chose. If you bought a 509T X1 now, and the X2 came out, the value of that earlier model 509T would be a bit (possibly quite a bit?) less than a 507c X2, I would think.

There's also the question of users reporting distortion issues with the X1 (which is improved with the X2, from the other thread.) So if you buy an X1, and you have problems, that may not be what you want for a first time MRDS experience.

It's a smokin' deal though, that's for sure.
    RJ, thanks again and here’s a heads up from the 509T x2 thread. I’m taking the plunge and will test with the first Gen. picked up the 509T from Battlehawk Armory for $265 delivered.

https://www.battlehawkarmory.com/pro...product_detail

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    I would say yes with the only caveat being my C&H plate is a piece of garbage. I cannot get my 509 to stay mounted to this thing.

The first time, the optic loosened from the plate with proper application of vibrate VC3.

The second time, the plate screws became loose once again after properly degreasing, applying vibratite and torqueing the screws.

The third time, the optic came loose from the plate...again. Once again, properly degreased, vibratited and torqued.

The plate itself is too soft and once you go over 12 inch lbs, you can see the plate torquing upwards, ie bending. At 12 inch lbs, the optic will not stay on the gun. I'm not sure what to do at this point.
    @Magsz any update to your issues? I put a Holosun 509t-Rd (Gen 1, until the Gr is available) on an S&W M&P 2.0 Compact Optics Ready, with a CHPWS 509t plate. Used the supplied VC3 to mount, using a Wheeler torque wrench (little over 10 inch-lbs for the plate per CHPWS instructions, 20 inch-lbs for the optic itself) and allowed to cure ~4 days until shooting.

Took it to the range last night, after 120 rounds the plate was loose. Wasn't dropped at all, though I did rack the slide using the optic a few times.

Tonight I removed the optic and plate and used acetone to clean all areas (and soak the screws); this time I used Loctite 248 Glue Stick per recommendation above. Hoping this fixes it; I've heard great things about the CHPWS plates.

Is there a quality optic plate maker alternative to c&h? Particularly for the 2.0 m&P core? Is there an issue with core plates that make aftermarket necessary or is it just they don’t make a 509t plate?

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Is there a quality optic plate maker alternative to c&h? Particularly for the 2.0 m&P core? Is there an issue with core plates that make aftermarket necessary or is it just they don’t make a 509t plate?
    Both sets of OEM plates that came w/ my gen2 CORE's were plastic vs the metal ones that came w/ my gen1 CORE in 2012. In my sample of 2 CHWS plates for my gen2's w/ SROs, they have been GTG w/ 1K of rds. to date.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Both sets of OEM plates that came w/ my gen2 CORE's were plastic vs the metal ones that came w/ my gen1 CORE in 2012. In my sample of 2 CHWS plates for my gen2's w/ SROs, they have been GTG w/ 1K of rds. to date.
    Maybe it’s just the 509 plates?

I’ve tried a plate. I tried a direct mill from Legion Precision with a .150” depth of cut. But damn, the milled down 48 MOS rear posts direct mount view is the best so far. I don’t think you can get an aftermarket cut as deep as the MOS cut.
    Name:  25C68C6A-EBAA-4376-A443-A9D55EFC861B.jpg
Views: 572
Size:  27.1 KB
    Last edited by 23JAZ; 09-10-2021 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyCNY View Post
    @Magsz any update to your issues? I put a Holosun 509t-Rd (Gen 1, until the Gr is available) on an S&W M&P 2.0 Compact Optics Ready, with a CHPWS 509t plate. Used the supplied VC3 to mount, using a Wheeler torque wrench (little over 10 inch-lbs for the plate per CHPWS instructions, 20 inch-lbs for the optic itself) and allowed to cure ~4 days until shooting.

Took it to the range last night, after 120 rounds the plate was loose. Wasn't dropped at all, though I did rack the slide using the optic a few times.

Tonight I removed the optic and plate and used acetone to clean all areas (and soak the screws); this time I used Loctite 248 Glue Stick per recommendation above. Hoping this fixes it; I've heard great things about the CHPWS plates.
    Nothing of value unfortunately. I ended up going through my install process again but I was shooting a different gun on my last range trip so I can't really say if the darned thing is solid. I'll update accordingly after my next range trip if it fails. If it fails I am going to switch tactics and go to 248.

User Tag List