Page 32 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

With regard to a hypothetical marriage of a Glock 48 MOS and a Holosun 507k, is the C&H Adapter plate the only option out there to mount the optic, or does anyone else make a plate for this application? I'm working under the limitation of having to use the Glock 48 MOS as it comes, without milling anything off of it to use the RMRc (?) optic "MOS" cut.

https://chpws.com/product/43x-48-rmrcc

This plate seems to be aluminum, and I'd prefer a steel solution, if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have read 90 + percent of everything Rich has written since he joined the forum. It is not nice to let people waste their time, and since I am married to an engineer, I understand when you need to give them a bonk on their helmet to get their attention.
    This is getting OT so I'd be happy to take it to Romper room or DMs.

I'm not an expert on Rich, but it seems that he enjoys the process and testing stuff out himself as much as the result.

It's not a waste of time if the process is part of their enjoyment!
    Last edited by JCN; 03-02-2021 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    This is getting OT so I'd be happy to take it to Romper room or DMs.

I'm not an expert on Rich, but it seems that he enjoys the process and testing stuff out himself as much as the result.

It's not a waste of time if the process is part of their enjoyment!
    Correct, this thread is supposed to be a resource on Holosun pistol optics. Shooting them is better for its own thread or his training journal.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I repurposed the T2 off of my B&T APC9k and replaced it with a 509t on the new ADM mount. I really like the way it turned out, and think the 509t is a better fit for this gun than the T2 due to the smaller size.

Still waiting on my X300U and telescoping brace to get here.. but this is a great little backpack gun.

Name:  IMG_3110.jpg
Views: 917
Size:  101.0 KB

Site Supporter
    I've recently got a 507c on my own Glock 34. When I have the cross hairs and the dot up, I find it very hard to stay focused on the target, as there's so much in the window that the target seems almost obscured, especially in dim light. Is this an indication of me doing something wrong? Has anybody else experienced something like this? Anything I should try? The obvious answer (and what has worked for me) is turn the reticle off and use the pinpoint dot. The crosshairs are much quicker for me to acquire in the window, however, so if I can make it work, I'd like to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    I've recently got a 507c on my own Glock 34. When I have the cross hairs and the dot up, I find it very hard to stay focused on the target, as there's so much in the window that the target seems almost obscured, especially in dim light. Is this an indication of me doing something wrong? Has anybody else experienced something like this? Anything I should try? The obvious answer (and what has worked for me) is turn the reticle off and use the pinpoint dot. The crosshairs are much quicker for me to acquire in the window, however, so if I can make it work, I'd like to.
    Consider trying the 32MOA circle only reticle. Look at what you want to hit and your eye will center it in the circle.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    The 507C i purchased used is randomly shutting off. Not sure if this is because I dont have the tool required to fully tighten the battery compartment but I don't think so - got it pretty tight but not sure that it was enough. That said it seems to turn off totally randomly - it held up just fine under recoil at the range. Emailed their CS to see if they'll take care of me even though it's a used dot.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 03-10-2021 at 09:17 PM.

I believe that the circle only or circle dot reticle has utility for carry, because the circle helps you in an awkward position or with adverse lighting, like a low sun angle. I do not find a cluttered reticle to be an advantage in pure technical shooting, because it draws your focus to the reticle rather than beyond on the target. Just like obvious iron sights. No different than a dirty windshield on a car or aircraft — you end up focusing on the streaks or bugs and not the aircraft converging with you.

An Aimpoint is probably the only pistol optic I would consider used, and hopefully the seller didn’t pawn off a known bad unit on you. Bet Holosun takes care of you.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    With regard to a hypothetical marriage of a Glock 48 MOS and a Holosun 507k, is the C&H Adapter plate the only option out there to mount the optic, or does anyone else make a plate for this application? I'm working under the limitation of having to use the Glock 48 MOS as it comes, without milling anything off of it to use the RMRc (?) optic "MOS" cut.

https://chpws.com/product/43x-48-rmrcc

This plate seems to be aluminum, and I'd prefer a steel solution, if possible.
    Why would you prefer a steel solution ?

The potential issue with an all aluminum plate is stripping out if you have steel screws repeatedly in and out of the aluminum plate with an optic like the RMR which had to be dismounted regularly for battery changes.

However, the current C&H plates, while made of aluminum, have steel inserts for the T posts. and the 507k doesn’t have to be dismounted for battery changes so it’s a moot issue.

The C&H aluminum plates are pretty well vetted at this point.
    Last edited by HCM; 03-11-2021 at 01:32 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Not sure what all is on the dot but I always go compressed air to knock out any lose debri/avoid scratches, Leupold bristle brush, Leupold lens brush or a microfiber. Might use lens cleaner if there is a lot of junk in the optic, but that is pretty rare for me
    Since this is an optics thread, compressed air from a compressor is ok for optics but don’t use canned air as sold for cleaning keyboards etc.

The canned air get cold when used and can damage optics /lenses.

https://sciencing.com/canned-air-cold-5157676.html

User Tag List