Page 64 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

Just wanted to pass on an unsettling experience today with the 507c on my G19 MOS and how it got resolved.

I met up with my son at a local outdoor range. When I looked through the optic, I noticed a lot of misregistration of the 32 MOA Circle. It was very fuzzy and wavy, like broken up around the edges. I shot it ok but it was less than ideal.

When I got home, it was the same. I cleaned the glass both sides and swapped it to circle, circle dot, and dot with no success. I was thinking geez I need to send this back to Holosun, when it occurred to me, maybe I should clean the emitter?

Sure enough, I wet a Q-tip with lens cleaner and found a layer of Schmutz on the surface. After I got it cleaned, normal operation of the reticle was restored and it was back to being a very crisp circle.

I don’t know why, but it’s never occurred to me to clean the emitter. Maybe I got some oil on it and it collected some gunshot residue? Just thought I would pass on in case someone encounters this condition.

PS the new BUIS shot to POA with BB124/HST147/GD124+p.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Just wanted to pass on an unsettling experience today with the 507c on my G19 MOS and how it got resolved.

I met up with my son at a local outdoor range. When I looked through the optic, I noticed a lot of misregistration of the 32 MOA Circle. It was very fuzzy and wavy, like broken up around the edges. I shot it ok but it was less than ideal.

When I got home, it was the same. I cleaned the glass both sides and swapped it to circle, circle dot, and dot with no success. I was thinking geez I need to send this back to Holosun, when it occurred to me, maybe I should clean the emitter?

Sure enough, I wet a Q-tip with lens cleaner and found a layer of Schmutz on the surface. After I got it cleaned, normal operation of the reticle was restored and it was back to being a very crisp circle.

I don’t know why, but it’s never occurred to me to clean the emitter. Maybe I got some oil on it and it collected some gunshot residue? Just thought I would pass on in case someone encounters this condition.

PS the new BUIS shot to POA with BB124/HST147/GD124+p.
    Good report and reinforces two things, the emitter is part of the system and can require cleaning just like the lens, and if you are target focused, a clean lens and crisp dot are overrated. Stoeger commented that he purposely didn't clean the lens of his SRO on his CO Glock for months, and his lens looked like you would expect considering.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Size of Screw for Battery Compartment

Does anyone know the size of the screw that holds the battery compartment for the 507C series?

Thanks in advance
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve m View Post
    Does anyone know the size of the screw that holds the battery compartment for the 507C series?

Thanks in advance
    Steve
    On my 508T it’s M2x0.4. It measures 4.5mm long, but the tapped hole is deep enough for a 5mm screw with the battery cover in place.

@ Boing,

Thanks for the info

I have been messing around with a 407 CO with the open center 8 moa dot. It seems to work well in low sun angles, just like the 32 moa circle only reticle!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have been messing around with a 407 CO with the open center 8 moa dot. It seems to work well in low sun angles, just like the 32 moa circle only reticle!
    I like the 407CO reticle quite a lot. I'd really like a 509T with the 8 moa donut.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Our LGS had a bunch of those on the bottom counter and I was wondering about them.

BUIS Height for 509T Cut by Maple Leaf

Anyone know the appropriate height front and rear buis for a lower 1/4 sight picture (would settle for lower 1/3) for a Maple Leaf cut on a G45 slide for a 509T? I emailed Maple Leaf last week, no reply. I’d prefer not going with suppressor height if I can avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by davisj View Post
    Anyone know the appropriate height front and rear buis for a lower 1/4 sight picture (would settle for lower 1/3) for a Maple Leaf cut on a G45 slide for a 509T? I emailed Maple Leaf last week, no reply. I’d prefer not going with suppressor height if I can avoid it.
    Kinda depends on the depth of the Mapleleaf cut. If you knew that, you could make an estimate, based on the optic body height?

Name:  F83D80C6-1AE0-46EB-9DDD-3D75A14EC935.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  31.2 KB

User Tag List