Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

Just wanted to pass on an unsettling experience today with the 507c on my G19 MOS and how it got resolved.

I met up with my son at a local outdoor range. When I looked through the optic, I noticed a lot of misregistration of the 32 MOA Circle. It was very fuzzy and wavy, like broken up around the edges. I shot it ok but it was less than ideal.

When I got home, it was the same. I cleaned the glass both sides and swapped it to circle, circle dot, and dot with no success. I was thinking geez I need to send this back to Holosun, when it occurred to me, maybe I should clean the emitter?

Sure enough, I wet a Q-tip with lens cleaner and found a layer of Schmutz on the surface. After I got it cleaned, normal operation of the reticle was restored and it was back to being a very crisp circle.

I donít know why, but itís never occurred to me to clean the emitter. Maybe I got some oil on it and it collected some gunshot residue? Just thought I would pass on in case someone encounters this condition.

PS the new BUIS shot to POA with BB124/HST147/GD124+p.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Just wanted to pass on an unsettling experience today with the 507c on my G19 MOS and how it got resolved.

I met up with my son at a local outdoor range. When I looked through the optic, I noticed a lot of misregistration of the 32 MOA Circle. It was very fuzzy and wavy, like broken up around the edges. I shot it ok but it was less than ideal.

When I got home, it was the same. I cleaned the glass both sides and swapped it to circle, circle dot, and dot with no success. I was thinking geez I need to send this back to Holosun, when it occurred to me, maybe I should clean the emitter?

Sure enough, I wet a Q-tip with lens cleaner and found a layer of Schmutz on the surface. After I got it cleaned, normal operation of the reticle was restored and it was back to being a very crisp circle.

I donít know why, but itís never occurred to me to clean the emitter. Maybe I got some oil on it and it collected some gunshot residue? Just thought I would pass on in case someone encounters this condition.

PS the new BUIS shot to POA with BB124/HST147/GD124+p.
    Good report and reinforces two things, the emitter is part of the system and can require cleaning just like the lens, and if you are target focused, a clean lens and crisp dot are overrated. Stoeger commented that he purposely didn't clean the lens of his SRO on his CO Glock for months, and his lens looked like you would expect considering.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Size of Screw for Battery Compartment

Does anyone know the size of the screw that holds the battery compartment for the 507C series?

Thanks in advance
    Steve

User Tag List