Page 63 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

I haven't followed this thread closely, so I apologize if this has been covered.

I picked up a 509T with an RMR adapter plate, dry fit it on the gun, and decided it's too tall. The base completely obscures the BUIS I had on there, so those would have to get replaced if I kept it. Here's the side by side, in case anyone's interested.

Not a huge surprise, but I was hoping it would be closer.

Name:  IMG_4990.jpg
Views: 1127
Size:  51.0 KB
    David S.

Do you have a set of micrometers? The CHPWS plate is .095-.099 thick. My factory Holosun adapter plate is .185 thick. So CHPWS should cut the height by almost half.

https://chpws.com/product/rmr-to-holosun-509t
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Received my Glock G43 back from Jagerwerks a couple of days ago, about 4 weeks ahead of delivery forecast. I sent a very lightly used Holosun 407K to them along with the Glock in early July with instructions to mill the slide, install the Holosun, install BUIS, and refinish the slide in black nitride.

Workmanship is impeccable, BUIS co-witness and are very usable without being too tall, and I am quite pleased.

Got it sighted in today, using a mix of factory FMJ's, factory JHP's, and a hand load of Montana Gold JHP's (all 124 gr.)

Using an IDPA target, and shooting only at the head box at 15 measure yards, I alternated between shooting with the dot on and then turning it off and using the BUIS. Very consistent, and I think I will be comfortable using this pistol with the Holosun installed, and really like the fact that a transition to the BUIS works so well.

Full up with 6 +1 pf the aforementioned 124 gr. ammo, the package weighs 21.7 ounces. Will definitely be my NPE pistol going forward.

Name:  70210738-2116-4800-91F9-1F0BC2042D73.jpg
Views: 1046
Size:  24.6 KB

Crosspost from here -

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyCNY
    Update to my previous loose 509t plate issue - I stripped the VC3 off the screws and used the Loctite "glue stick" (blue 248). After 180 rounds today and racking the slide with the optic several dozen times it is not loose at all. (neither the optic NOR the plate) So yay!

On a related note, I was shooting back and forth between my M&P 2.0 Compact w/ 509t and my usual carry gun, a SIG P365XL w/ 507k, when I noticed the screw for the battery tray on my 507k was missing. Since I was shooting in grass there was no way I was going to find that little screw, and I didn't find extras in the Holosun packaging. (the gasket around the tray prevented it from falling out) Since the 365 is my carry pistol I used the screw from the 509t and contacted Holosun; they've already asked for my shipping address. I tried finding the screw online first.. might be in one of the Holosun optic threads. Might be a good idea to stock up on a few.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyCNY View Post
    @Magsz any update to your issues? I put a Holosun 509t-Rd (Gen 1, until the Gr is available) on an S&W M&P 2.0 Compact Optics Ready, with a CHPWS 509t plate. Used the supplied VC3 to mount, using a Wheeler torque wrench (little over 10 inch-lbs for the plate per CHPWS instructions, 20 inch-lbs for the optic itself) and allowed to cure ~4 days until shooting.

Took it to the range last night, after 120 rounds the plate was loose. Wasn't dropped at all, though I did rack the slide using the optic a few times.

Tonight I removed the optic and plate and used acetone to clean all areas (and soak the screws); this time I used Loctite 248 Glue Stick per recommendation above. Hoping this fixes it; I've heard great things about the CHPWS plates.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    I haven't followed this thread closely, so I apologize if this has been covered.

I picked up a 509T with an RMR adapter plate, dry fit it on the gun, and decided it's too tall. The base completely obscures the BUIS I had on there, so those would have to get replaced if I kept it. Here's the side by side, in case anyone's interested.

Not a huge surprise, but I was hoping it would be closer.

Name:  IMG_4990.jpg
Views: 1127
Size:  51.0 KB
    Do you or anyone have a photo of a 508T or 507c next to an RMR like this? My curiosity: Which shows MORE of the irons through the window, or are they 100% equal or something stupid like 0.001" different?

My Leupold DPP NV and T2 glass are invisible under night vision except for the dot. Any lighting conditions from no-moon/stars to of course full moon. How do Holosun stack up under night vision?
    Name:  20210913_221845.jpg
Views: 782
Size:  29.8 KB

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    Received my Glock G43 back from Jagerwerks a couple of days ago, about 4 weeks ahead of delivery forecast. I sent a very lightly used Holosun 407K to them along with the Glock in early July with instructions to mill the slide, install the Holosun, install BUIS, and refinish the slide in black nitride.

Workmanship is impeccable, BUIS co-witness and are very usable without being too tall, and I am quite pleased.

Got it sighted in today, using a mix of factory FMJ's, factory JHP's, and a hand load of Montana Gold JHP's (all 124 gr.)

Using an IDPA target, and shooting only at the head box at 15 measure yards, I alternated between shooting with the dot on and then turning it off and using the BUIS. Very consistent, and I think I will be comfortable using this pistol with the Holosun installed, and really like the fact that a transition to the BUIS works so well.

Full up with 6 +1 pf the aforementioned 124 gr. ammo, the package weighs 21.7 ounces. Will definitely be my NPE pistol going forward.

Name:  70210738-2116-4800-91F9-1F0BC2042D73.jpg
Views: 1046
Size:  24.6 KB
    I have a very similar gun from them myself!! Great combo

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    Do you or anyone have a photo of a 508T or 507c next to an RMR like this? My curiosity: Which shows MORE of the irons through the window, or are they 100% equal or something stupid like 0.001" different?
    Looks like "something stupid like 0.01 difference."

Without the adapter plate, the body of the 509T and the 507C are also about the same height.

Name:  IMG20190531221337.jpeg
Views: 1003
Size:  82.1 KB
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

So I think what I will do is shoot the current setup for a while while I continue to vet the gun, then if the Ameriglos perform ok (mainly don't walk out of the rear dovetail, as I've heard some make mention of) I'll order a set of the GL-470s and stick them on.
    And so the GL-470 set arrived today. Bearing in mind I have the photographic skill of a ham sandwich, below are pictures of the before and after, including the spreadsheet numbers for each, in case they are of use to someone else.

Ameriglo GL-404 rear sight, Dawson 0.315" front sight:
    Name:  IMG_9719-GL404rear.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  37.3 KB

Name:  Capturet1.jpg
Views: 672
Size:  46.1 KB

Ameriglo GL-470 sight set:
    Name:  IMG_9719-GL470.jpg
Views: 690
Size:  40.1 KB

Name:  Capturet2.jpg
Views: 699
Size:  33.8 KB

Subjectively, the GL-470 set appears to have addressed what I wanted; a BUIS for my carry gun which is visible in the window. The 0.350" front seems to work well with the FC OPF-G, RMR plate and Holosun 507c on my stock G19 Gen 5 MOS. And now the rear sight channel is above the optic, not below (deck height is 0.250".)

Will get to the range soon to check zero after the R/R of the optic, and verify POA using carry ammo.
    Last edited by RJ; 10-12-2021 at 02:51 PM.

509T

I just sent back a brand new Holosun 509T. My issue was at 25 yards with the elevation screw bottomed out the gun shot 4-5 inches high. MIne was mounted on a Glock 45 with a C&H precision plate. YMMV. in reading the specs for the optic it states it has 30 clicks of adjustment, most other Holosun have 50 clicks of adjustment.

User Tag List