Page 59 of 101 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

Quote Originally Posted by CakeEater View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen, do you think the 509T-RD on sale at C&H is worth giving it a shot for a new Red dot shooter?
    @$289.95, I thought it could be worth testing until the ACRO P2 and 509T X2 come out. TIA

https://chpws.com/product/holosun-509t-rd
    Given the expectation of an "X2" model coming out soon, I'm not sure why it would make sense to buy one of these, price notwithstanding.

I'd rather have an open emitter X2 e.g. 507c for now, for practice; you could sell it later if you chose. If you bought a 509T X1 now, and the X2 came out, the value of that earlier model 509T would be a bit (possibly quite a bit?) less than a 507c X2, I would think.

There's also the question of users reporting distortion issues with the X1 (which is improved with the X2, from the other thread.) So if you buy an X1, and you have problems, that may not be what you want for a first time MRDS experience.

It's a smokin' deal though, that's for sure.
    Last edited by RJ; 08-20-2021 at 05:52 AM.

The other day I looked through the optic on my carry gun (507K-GR X2) and noted the reticle was obviously off zero. I confirmed this with a boresighter. The witness marks on the optic had not moved. I have no obvious explanation, though the holstered gun did take a spill onto wood flooring from about 3ft this week.

In retrospect, the optic required more vetting than I gave it. Previous K series dots have given me no issues whatsoever.

Holosun sent me a shipping label six minutes after I sent in the customer service request.

I have had a 509T on a department gun(G45) for over a year. No issues yet at approximately 2,000 rounds. Some glass distortion noted in sample of one when looking at the glass, not noted as a problem in shooting. Running on dot only, qualified with it, drills in training and a match or two. I am partial to enclosed emitters, run a P-1 ACRO on a 19MOS, but appreciate the power saving of the Holosun. Mine mounted on a C&H plate-good experience with that company.
    If I were in the market now, especially if I were considering exploring the “dot life”, this seems like a good deal.
    If you’re going to carry it, get back up sights-Ameriglo; I say that about ANY optic.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    The other day I looked through the optic on my carry gun (507K-GR X2) and noted the reticle was obviously off zero. I confirmed this with a boresighter. The witness marks on the optic had not moved. I have no obvious explanation, though the holstered gun did take a spill onto wood flooring from about 3ft this week.

In retrospect, the optic required more vetting than I gave it. Previous K series dots have given me no issues whatsoever.

Holosun sent me a shipping label six minutes after I sent in the customer service request.
    Could I inquire on an approximate age and round count ?
    I'd had a new 407C with under 500rds louse zero a few months ago, shipping label response was similar to yours...
    I had a replacement in 2 weeks, I'm on the east coast, they're on the left coast, pretty decent cs

Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    Could I inquire on an approximate age and round count ?
    I'd had a new 407C with under 500rds louse zero a few months ago, shipping label response was similar to yours...
    I had a replacement in 2 weeks, I'm on the east coast, they're on the left coast, pretty decent cs
    400 rounds plus whatever I used in HSTs to zero it, purchased new at the beginning of July.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    400 rounds plus whatever I used in HSTs to zero it, purchased new at the beginning of July.
    Thanks,
    Odd coincience, real close round count to the
    407C that took a dump on me

Site Supporter

Thanks to all for the 509T advice

Thanks to all for the 509T advice, next host options. I was planning on getting the USP45 milled by Wright Armory but am contemplating the G15 Gen5 MOS and S&W M&P9 Compact optic ready.

Quote Originally Posted by CakeEater View Post
    Thanks to all for the 509T advice, next host options. I was planning on getting the USP45 milled by Wright Armory but am contemplating the G15 Gen5 MOS and S&W M&P9 Compact optic ready.
    I picked up an M&P 2.0 Compact Optics Ready* and a CHPWS plate for a 509t - right now I'm just waiting for the 509t-GR(een) to become available... I have a 510c in green on a rifle and a 507k in red (first version) on a 365XL. I'm liking the green and might upgrade the 507k eventually.

* - I have an M&P 2.0 Compact non-optics already that I really love, thought about having it milled but decided to just get a new model to save money on milling and sights (optics ready comes with tall sights already, though 3-dot white).

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I'm pondering a 507c-x2 on an optics ready S&W M&P 2.0 Compact as an inexpensive "plug & play" RDS option.
    I was thinking the C&H plate would be the way to mount, but I'm not reading good things here.
    What would be a better alternative?
    I have a similar setup as does @GJM and others. C&H has their quirks but their M&P 507 plate is good to go IMO.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Crossposting from the Glock photo thread, but here are a few of my holosun equipped handguns, with RMR equipped pair to match

User Tag List