Page 56 of 101 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I need to pick up a HS 407c x2 for a USPSA gun. Is there a go to site for purchase these days? Any rumint on new offerings on the horizon from HS?

I bought my last one, a 507k from Brownell’s. Before that I bought a 507c at my LGS, who matched the Amazon price I quoted them.
    I ended up buying another 507c, from Brownell's with their 4th of July promotion. It came today and I put it on the G 19 MOS, avoiding the need to pull the 507c from my G34. The cost of the 507 vs. 407 wasn't that much.

Anyway, I stuck on a Dawson steel 0.315" front on the 19, since I had one spare in the Bag o' Glock sights. It looks like the best height rear (judging purely by eye and my digital caliper) is going to be around 0.395". I appreciate this is trial and error with gun/ammo, but does anyone think think this setup would not be a decent starting point (0.395" rear / 0.315 front) for a 19 with a 507c? I used a Forward Controls RMR plate. I can just about see the front through the window, meaning I think if I put on a 0.395 rear it should cover perhaps 1/3 of the glass on the bottom. I understand it would be for backup only. I'd just get a black steel rear to match the black steel front.

TIA.

My 507K just went through another battery. Confirmed on the battery tester. Checked my wife’s 365X and her 507K battery showed 10 percent or less, and I changed that battery. We run the circle reticle and that just seems to eat batteries. Not having an auto mode and solar function would appear to be the difference between the K and larger Holosun pistol optics, which have excellent battery life.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My 507K just went through another battery. Confirmed on the battery tester. Checked my wife’s 365X and her 507K battery showed 10 percent or less, and I changed that battery. We run the circle reticle and that just seems to eat batteries. Not having an auto mode and solar function would appear to be the difference between the K and larger Holosun pistol optics, which have excellent battery life.
    More details? Brightness and are you leaving it on that brightness in between range sessions?

I generally try and turn my dots down or off when not in use. I have changed batteries on Romeo Zeros a bit because I tend to leave those on because the off button is more of a PITA than the Holosun.

Are you using the shake-awake?

I’ve not had my 407K die on me. Daily carry usually at 11/12. However, I’ve also been fairly proactive with my battery changes. I know I can comfortably get 60 days out of that sort of use, though that’s the longest I’ve let it go without a change.

Battery life with the 507K using the circle only seems like the legacy Acro one click below max.

I'm running a 507K on a CZ RAMI. I run it with the circle and the dot on and use it for EDC. Only been running it about a month now, but I turn it off when it's not being carried.

Battery life with the 507K using the circle only seems like the legacy Acro one click below max.
    that is what I have heard from others. 507k dot lasts a long timeeeee but the circle or circle dot dies

What brand of battery do you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    What brand of battery do you recommend?
    Duracell or Renata

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I ended up buying another 507c, from Brownell's with their 4th of July promotion. It came today and I put it on the G 19 MOS, avoiding the need to pull the 507c from my G34. The cost of the 507 vs. 407 wasn't that much.

Anyway, I stuck on a Dawson steel 0.315" front on the 19, since I had one spare in the Bag o' Glock sights. It looks like the best height rear (judging purely by eye and my digital caliper) is going to be around 0.395". I appreciate this is trial and error with gun/ammo, but does anyone think think this setup would not be a decent starting point (0.395" rear / 0.315 front) for a 19 with a 507c? I used a Forward Controls RMR plate. I can just about see the front through the window, meaning I think if I put on a 0.395 rear it should cover perhaps 1/3 of the glass on the bottom. I understand it would be for backup only. I'd just get a black steel rear to match the black steel front.

TIA.
    See my post here. I think that rear would be way too tall for that front.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1201046

User Tag List