Page 55 of 101 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Just mounted this 508T. Milling by Jagerwerks. Really happy with them but would probably go with Maple Leaf for any future doublestack glocks.... though not sure if I have a lot of those left without optics cuts either finished or in the works sooner than later.

Would you mind expanding on the reasons you would probably defer to Maple Leaf over Jagerworks for future double stack Glock slide milling?

Thanks.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    Would you mind expanding on the reasons you would probably defer to Maple Leaf over Jagerworks for future double stack Glock slide milling?

Thanks.
    You get nicer forward and rear serration cuts, RMR cut + nitride refinishing for less money than the equivalent Jagerwerks order. its a $60 or so and they mill right through the logo. Jagerwerks nitride seems "thinner," not sure if thats the nitriding or the parkerizing that I think (?) usually goes with it but either way the Maple Leaf is better work for less money, it's a no brainer.

You get nicer forward and rear serration cuts, RMR cut + nitride refinishing for less money than the equivalent Jagerwerks order. its a $60 or so and they mill right through the logo. Jagerwerks nitride seems "thinner," not sure if thats the nitriding or the parkerizing that I think (?) usually goes with it but either way the Maple Leaf is better work for less money, it's a no brainer.
    Helpful info. Thanks!

I picked up a 407K this afternoon, thinking it may replace the Swamp Fox on my 43X MOS. I like the larger dot. This evening, I pointed it into the setting sun, and it had an unacceptable amount of splatter. The five series Holosun reticle choices are just a better EDC choice for me, given my desire to select circle only for EDC and a single dot for pure technical shooting.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Ran the circle only ⭕️ through a lot of different stuff today. I can’t believe it, maybe I don’t want to believe it, but the circle is a real thing. Had my best FAST cold and best Adv Super Test to date.

Why??

Even my 25 yard B8s were better. I am going to need to continue with it for another couple months to be sure this wasn’t a fluke. It’s hard for me to accept! I can count on one hand the number of people that I know use it, present company excluded.

I’m sure Jager is just fine for $100 though right? Lol. July 4th sale.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I picked up a 407K this afternoon, thinking it may replace the Swamp Fox on my 43X MOS. I like the larger dot. This evening, I pointed it into the setting sun, and it had an unacceptable amount of splatter. The five series Holosun reticle choices are just a better EDC choice for me, given my desire to select circle only for EDC and a single dot for pure technical shooting.

Though there are other things I don't like about it, out of everything I have the 507c with the Vulcan Chevron is by far the best in challenging sun conditions. I was running that and my 507k at the range yesterday with the k on circle and dot, and the Chevron was hands down less affected by bright low angle sun.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    I’m sure Jager is just fine for $100 though right? Lol. July 4th sale.
    If you don't mind them milling thru the logos then sure. The work itself was of good quality.

I’ll do the maple.

I’m such a stubborn fuck and won’t let myself buy a holosun. It’s the difference between done and done on my m&P and mill and sights but no optic because I can’t afford the rmr now.
    Last edited by newyork; 07-03-2021 at 01:51 PM.

Well finally after torturing myself and everyone else I just paid for milling for my M&P. Rmr mill. Nitride. Ameriglos (sucks I just had Spartans put on). Now to save for an optic.

User Tag List