Page 48 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

Quote Originally Posted by pew_pew View Post
    Purchased a 509 today. It’s going on a Staccato C2.

It’s funny. I completely flipped on Holosun. Used to think it was air soft trash but they are really making good stuff.
    I would say they are great, if you get a good one

Shot a Zev 365 XL with HS507KX2, belonging to a range buddy. Pistol was also equiped with Trijicon HD sights.

Target was at about 8 yards, no dryfire, trigger check, etc. Loaded up, put the dot on the bull, press, round went to the 11 o'clock about 2 inches out. Repeat 4 more times, for an abysmal group of about 4 inches to the 11 o'clock.

Choose another target, really focusing on aiming precisely, and finishing flat. Slightly better result, about 3.5 inches.

Take a moment, present gun, do a parallax test, (nod head up and down, left and right). Not pleased with what I see.

Switch off optic, use irons, place 5 rounds into a quarter size group.

Parallax was causing a deviation of about 2 inches in either direction from POA. This was confirmed by benching the gun and watching the dot wonder around POA as I moved my head.

This does not help my general dislike of dots...

Now, I do have monovision correction, but I have never had such a deviation with any other dot.

I don't believe I'm the only one on here with monovision correction, anyone else experience this?

Is this a bad optic or the world telling me to stick with irons?
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post

Parallax was causing a deviation of about 2 inches in either direction from POA. This was confirmed by benching the gun and watching the dot wonder around POA as I moved my head.
    Can you expand on this?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Can you expand on this?
    Here’s a video explanation. Your looking for how far off the point of aim the dot moves relative to head/camera position.

im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Shot a Zev 365 XL with HS507KX2, belonging to a range buddy. Pistol was also equiped with Trijicon HD sights.

Target was at about 8 yards, no dryfire, trigger check, etc. Loaded up, put the dot on the bull, press, round went to the 11 o'clock about 2 inches out. Repeat 4 more times, for an abysmal group of about 4 inches to the 11 o'clock.

Choose another target, really focusing on aiming precisely, and finishing flat. Slightly better result, about 3.5 inches.

Take a moment, present gun, do a parallax test, (nod head up and down, left and right). Not pleased with what I see.

Switch off optic, use irons, place 5 rounds into a quarter size group.

This does not help my general dislike of dots...

Now, I do have monovision correction, but I have never had such a deviation with any other dot.

I don't believe I'm the only one on here with monovision correction, anyone else experience this?

Is this a bad optic or the world telling me to stick with irons?
    Something isn't right. Some possibilities:

The Zev barrel/slide is messed up.
    That ammo is problematic.
    The optic is loose.
    The optic is defective.
    There is something going on with your eyes.
    There is something about your interface with the pistol.

It is hard to know for sure without a bunch of testing to isolate variables.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Here’s a video explanation. Your looking for how far off the point of aim the dot moves relative to head/camera position.
    I understand what parallax is, thanks. I was curious how it was quantified in this case. I’m not sure there’s an ISO standard testing protocol (or is there?) or any declaration by optic manufacturers of what their maximum parallax MOA error is, and at what range(s), save many claim it is “zero”, which seems hard to believe.

In the case of Holosun, at least one case of their assertion is here in their Canadian site, but I’ve not found it on the US site (yet).

https://www.holosun.ca/en/support/fa...-parallax-free

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Something isn't right. Some possibilities:

The Zev barrel/slide is messed up.
    That ammo is problematic.
    The optic is loose.
    The optic is defective.
    There is something going on with your eyes.
    There is something about your interface with the pistol.

It is hard to know for sure without a bunch of testing to isolate variables.
    I'll answer in order:

Possible, but irons produced a quarter size group to top edge of FS.

Ammo was Gold Dot 124+p.

Possible, but irrelevant when benched, and parallax tested.

Probable.

Yes, astigmatism with mono vision correction.

Well it's a SIG with an RDS..... I joke, I joke.

The parallax was there, no doubt

To sort of answer @RJ

I just went and checked my Swampfox Sentinel M, and Riton MPRD.

Not any sort of recognized protocol, just laying out what I did.

Let's begin with the fact that the gun is zeroed. B8 at 20 yards, firearm in Jorgensen clamp, dot centered on X.

Move head up / down, left / right. Observe where the dot deviates in relation to head movements.

The Sentinel M stayed within the 10 ring (3.36"), the MPRD stayed within the x ring (1.7").
    Taking a break from social media.

Since I have a four inch M&P Shield with a 507K and another with a RMSc, I will have to try shooting groups with both and see if I notice anything.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Just checked parallax with two different 507C X2. I put a B-8 at about 15 meters in my back yard, and with a benched slide, watched the dot shift as I moved my head. The dot did move around, but stayed in the 9 ring.

Interestingly, one of the 507C units seemed to have more movement than the other, despite being identical in every other way.

I'll test this at the range later in the week.

The 507k on my P365 has quite a bit of parallax.
    Even compared to my 507c.

But was still able to do this five shot group at 20 yards from a bench rest with the gun and optic.

Name:  3567FAD9-A10C-4481-8F1B-47F777B7EF74.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  32.1 KB

User Tag List