Page 66 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    Between the 507c and 508t I would take the 508t which I have multiple of, and am happy with despite paying more than what they are selling for now.

If it's a long gun though, I would rather have the 510c like mentioned because the sight is probably a little more durable and cheaper. It is aluminum bodied with a titanium shroud, and happens to be my favorite red dot including against my Aimpoint.

There's a number of sellers that offer discounted Holosuns and an easy place to check is the gundeals Reddit page. Some off the top of my head include midwest optics, Schuyler arms, and Kenzie's.
    Appreciate the feedback. Why is it that in particular you prefer on the 508 over the 507?
    Last edited by OldManClemens; 11-07-2021 at 12:09 PM.

Just to note: The 510C looks like a great rifle sight but it won't work with the CROM on a 1301T. You would have to pic rail mount it, add the Magpul SGA and the cheek riser, plus lose the ability to cowitness with the irons.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Just to note: The 510C looks like a great rifle sight but it won't work with the CROM on a 1301T. You would have to pic rail mount it, add the Magpul SGA and the cheek riser, plus lose the ability to cowitness with the irons.
    I have the 510C on an AR and it's a great sight, but wouldn't want to mount it on a shotgun for the reasons you mentioned. Even with the SGA stock and riser that's a fairly clunky sight and could see it getting in the way when reaching over the top of the shotgun and loading a single shell into the receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by OldManClemens View Post
    Appreciate the feedback. Why is it that in particular you prefer on the 508 over the 507?
    The 508T is more durable and I like the more squared profile.

I run the 510c on a Ruger PCC which has shotgun ergos with the factory stock. The added height over bore allows a more upright shooting position and it similarly does not allow cowitness which I was concerned with at first, then realized that the QD on the 510c works pretty well. I have a bunch of holosun T1/T2 clones and could easily put one on that would cowitness with the irons but would rather have the large window and simple ability to QD the 510c.

I run the 510c on a Ruger PCC which has shotgun ergos with the factory stock. The added height over bore allows a more upright shooting position and it similarly does not allow cowitness which I was concerned with at first, then realized that the QD on the 510c works pretty well. I have a bunch of holosun T1/T2 clones and could easily put one on that would cowitness with the irons but would rather have the large window and simple ability to QD the 510c.
    Sounds like you have a solution that works for you. But I'll add that with the 1301T in particular, one additional problem with using the 510C in particular would be the picatinny rail itself. The weight of the 510C combined with the Pic rail only being attached with a few screws combined with 12g recoil is going to equal failure at some point. Yes, people have already had rail failure with smaller RDS, usually because the screws break... 12g recoil is brutal on equipment.

Sounds like you have a solution that works for you. But I'll add that with the 1301T in particular, one additional problem with using the 510C in particular would be the picatinny rail itself. The weight of the 510C combined with the Pic rail only being attached with a few screws combined with 12g recoil is going to equal failure at some point. Yes, people have already had rail failure with smaller RDS, usually because the screws break... 12g recoil is brutal on equipment.
    I’m not familiar with that firearm but I would personally drill and tap larger screws and add more to distribute force.

This would also be a prime usage of E6000 layered to distribute force and shock.

There's a number of sellers that offer discounted Holosuns and an easy place to check is the gundeals Reddit page. Some off the top of my head include midwest optics, Schuyler arms, and Kenzie's.
    That’s where I was looking, and found the $250ish shipped price. I think I may wait and see if anything pops up for Black Friday.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

HE508T-GR X2

Gave the bottom of the operating range a try today. Let it sit outside for about 50 min while I walked the pup. Shake Awake worked. I was surprised the buttons were not stiff as I scrolled thru power setting and dot-circle modes. Cant say the same about buttons on a Sat phone or GPS. Shot 13 rds let it set while I picked up brass then another mag. Sight never fogged up until I came in, (didn't shoot inside) but no issue's sighting with both eyes open.
    Name:  IMG_4860.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  70.3 KBName:  IMG_4861.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  54.1 KBName:  IMG_4868.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  46.6 KB

Show off!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Pretty cool...
    Almost painfull

User Tag List