Page 30 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    I've used three different Holosuns on various long guns, never had an issue with them turning on.

Just mounted a 507C to my newly acquired P10C OR, looking forward to getting it zero'd this weekend. Wish I'd jumped on the pistol RDS bandwagon sooner!
    I have the same two pistols! Super underrated in my opinion. What plate did you use for the holosun?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by zpelletier View Post
    I have the same two pistols! Super underrated in my opinion. What plate did you use for the holosun?
    I bought the CZ plate...

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/102120325?pid=188639

I'm loving the P10...been carrying the FDE model on duty for a couple of months. I replaced the tiny front oem night site with a Night Fison orange site...that really upped my confidence and ability with the gun. I've also installed an HBI trigger and Apex mag release.

The OR model just got the taller Night Fision sights, HBI trigger, and waiting for another Apex mag release to come in for it. It'll go on duty as soon as I can find a holster.

Stuck a 10 8 Performance "Glock Tall Front Sight", 0502-315-1, black 0.315" h x 0.125" w on the Glock 34 today.

Name:  IMG_8350.jpg
Views: 711
Size:  98.7 KB

I must say I wasn't impressed with the dry fit of the sight. There is quite a bit of axial play of the sight retaining lug and the frame. You can basically wiggle it side to side up to perhaps 15 degrees off muzzle axis in either direction. So I lined it up as best I could and snugged down the included screw, with a small drop of medium blue threadlocker. I hope that sets and the sight doesn't move around.

Anyway, I'll give it a shot shooting soon. My photog skills suck, so I can't show the sight picture, but the front sight appears in the window of the 507c v2 at just around the bottom of the 32 MOA circle. I will try some sight pictures using that and the sight body as a reference, in case I need to use the front sight (only, I haven't put suppressor height rears on yet) in case of a failure of the dot.

Any idea what the percentage of Holosuns at CO Nats was last year? I missed seeing the survey. I assume its dominated by Romeo3s and SROs but was curious if Holosun is making a dent at major matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Any idea what the percentage of Holosuns at CO Nats was last year? I missed seeing the survey. I assume its dominated by Romeo3s and SROs but was curious if Holosun is making a dent at major matches.
    From the Dec/Jan Front Sight online magazine, page 46-47, "2020 USPSA Nationals CO Equipment Survey", the answer seems to be virtually zero:

https://uspsa.org/magazine/view//2021-00#page=46

Name:  Screenshot from 2021-03-01 07-19-10.png
Views: 523
Size:  69.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Holosun doesn’t have a competition optimized optic for pistols, although hopefully that will change. I do see them at local matches, but mostly I only see a Holosun on a new CO shooter’s pistol.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Ok, cleaning: So I had a range session today and the front of the lens of the optic is full of crap.

The manual says lens cleaner or water, but nothing with alcohol or acetone:

Name:  Screenshot from 2021-03-01 14-33-34.png
Views: 547
Size:  63.5 KB

I have this Zeiss lens cleaner spray for my glasses I was going to use. It has a cocktail of chemicals but I have no idea if any of this is "acetone" or "alcohol", or otherwise not advised for the Holosun sight.

Name:  Screenshot from 2021-03-01 14-32-57.png
Views: 506
Size:  17.8 KB

What do you guys use? I'm probably just going to dampen a clean microfiber cloth with water and gently rub the surface.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Ok, cleaning: So I had a range session today and the front of the lens of the optic is full of crap.

The manual says lens cleaner or water, but nothing with alcohol or acetone:

Name:  Screenshot from 2021-03-01 14-33-34.png
Views: 547
Size:  63.5 KB

I have this Zeiss lens cleaner spray for my glasses I was going to use. It has a cocktail of chemicals but I have no idea if any of this is "acetone" or "alcohol", or otherwise not advised for the Holosun sight.

Name:  Screenshot from 2021-03-01 14-32-57.png
Views: 506
Size:  17.8 KB

What do you guys use? I'm probably just going to dampen a clean microfiber cloth with water and gently rub the surface.
    Cat crap (spray or paste) and micro fiber towel. I haven’t messed up any scope or red dot yet using that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

From the Dec/Jan Front Sight online magazine, page 46-47, "2020 USPSA Nationals CO Equipment Survey", the answer seems to be virtually zero:

https://uspsa.org/magazine/view//2021-00#page=46

Name:  Screenshot from 2021-03-01 07-19-10.png
Views: 523
Size:  69.9 KB
    Thanks for the information! I'm not super surprised, if I was traveling to majors I'd probably be running Romeo 3s. Like GJM mentioned, Holosuns are common at local matches in my area but like he says, more popular with newer competitors. I've basically decided to run Holosuns on all of my guns, competition or carry lol. I realize it is a clear drawback vs the SRO/Romeo 3 but I really like the optics.

Not to get off-topic but seeing Brian Nelson come in 13th at CO Nats with an Acro was very impressive imo.

Ought to work fine. I use a "kit" my optician gives me when I get new glasses. I pretty much have to go with "plastic" lenses, since glass in my coke-bottle-thick prescription would weigh a ton. Just looked, and the bottle is only labeled with the optician's name. Since it is, I presume, designed for pretty much any "typical" eyeglass lenses, I would think it's safe. I've used it for years on specs and various optics w/o apparent damage. I think key is to blow off as much dust as possible, use the liquid sparingly, and wipe it off with a clean microfiber cloth or purpose-designed lens cleaning "sticks".

I keep my microfiber cloths in a small zip lock bag, and toss them in the washing machine fairly often.

Dry paper products (paper towels, tissue) are, as has been said many times, particularly injurious.

User Tag List