Page 45 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    Which Holosun would be the closest to a Trijicon SRO? I've been reading thru the thread but I'm still trying to figure out the different models.
    SoCal said it well but please take a few minutes of time to contact Holosun - I’ve been sending them emails every few weeks urging them to come out with a competitor to the SRO, and I say this as an owner of an SRO. I’d like a large window, their CO reticle and maybe the solar panel too. A man can dream.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

Holosuns on everything!

Name:  5BF11D73-6EA5-4435-B808-B622D5DD35E3.jpg
Views: 730
Size:  72.5 KB

For the 509T peeps out there!

I'm about to send two slides to Agency for AOS plate milling. One will get an RMR plate, and the other a 509T plate.

Regarding iron sight heights, Agency recommends:

- 215F, 245R for RMR Type optics, for a peekaboo picture just clearing the optic
    - 250F, 270R for RMR Type optics, for a higher picture, but still lower than suppressor height sights

But, they were not sure what to recommend for the 509T, but said that in order to be on the safe side the 250F, 250R would likely be GTG, but they may end up being a bit higher than I'd like; they recommended further research one my end.

Does anyone have a 509T that is being run on an AOS plate, and can recommend iron sights that are useable for back up use, but sit as low as possible in the optic window?

Or with a "regular" 509T cut, what iron sights are y'all running for a lower 1/3 type "co-witness"?

I had to take my 509T off my Agency G34 because the adjustment bottomed out still being a couple inches high at 15 yards. Put an SRO on there and it’s awesome. I’m not sure if the 509T issue is the optic, the gun, the cut, or the plate as I haven’t tried mounting the optic on anything else yet.

All that to say I run Ameriglo GL429 sets with that AOS and it works fine. I can snap a picture of the optic/plate tomorrow though with the rear sight mounted.

On my G19 Agency Syndicate slide with RMR I can actually get away with my set of Ameriglo Defoor sights just barely peeking over the base.

Site Supporter
    Jagerwerks straight buried this thing.
    Name:  20210603_163424.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  53.2 KB
    Name:  20210603_163451.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  21.5 KB
    Name:  20210603_163500.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  44.1 KB

Received my 509T today from the Brown Truck Santa thanks to the Aim Surplus sale over the weekend. I ordered a Dawson rear, they are currently out of the all black front, then I’ll send it off to Jagerworks for the same burial as above. Haven’t decided if I’ll send my 19 or 45 slide for my first foray into the dot life. Not sure it even matters since I can swap the slides on those two lowers. I assume I’ll love it like most of you and the other slide will most likely get a dot as well. Next up though will be a 507K on my 43X once this first slide is returned. Too many other priorities to buy multiple dots and have multiple slides milled at the same time.

That stated, any reason to mill one before the other I’m unaware of in regards to the 19/45 given my ignorance?

Anyone else have the hash marks around the circle not lining up at 12,3,6,9? Mine looks like the circle is rotated 10 degrees. I just changed it to a dot and sighted it in and moved on. Sighting was weird so might have been "down" means "left and down" , but got it dead nuts at 25 and it hasn't moved. I don't know if I want to send it back or call it good, since I don't have issues with the dot.
    EMS, Rescue, Fire, fun stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Westtexasrancher View Post
    Anyone else have the hash marks around the circle not lining up at 12,3,6,9? Mine looks like the circle is rotated 10 degrees. I just changed it to a dot and sighted it in and moved on. Sighting was weird so might have been "down" means "left and down" , but got it dead nuts at 25 and it hasn't moved. I don't know if I want to send it back or call it good, since I don't have issues with the dot.
    That happened to my Gen 1 507c. I contacted Holosun and they issued an RMA and replaced it with an X2 version at no cost.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Westtexasrancher View Post
    I've seen that on several Holosuns. Wasn't an issue to me, but drove a shooting buddy absolutely fucking nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Jagerwerks straight buried this thing.
    Name:  20210603_163424.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  53.2 KB
    Name:  20210603_163451.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  21.5 KB
    Name:  20210603_163500.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  44.1 KB
    That looks great. Unfortunately JW won't mill MOS slides for any dedicated optic, which flat blows.

User Tag List