Page 8 of 101 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

Sent out my V1 407C for repairs because the brightness button fell off from too much one handed racking, got the optic back today and to my surprise, there was a new box with a brand new V2 407 in it.

Free of charge. I really like Holosun.

HS407C V2 Mounting Screws for MOS

I'm about to try this red dot pistol thing for the first time and just ordered at Glock Gen5 19 MOS. I'm going to purchase a Holosun HS407C v2. I'm going to order Torx alloy steel mounting screws from McMaster Carr, can someone confirm the screw size to mount to the Glock MOS plate? Battlewerx sells 6-32 Thread Size, 5/16" Long for the V1, is there a difference in screw size for the V2?

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    I'm about to try this red dot pistol thing for the first time and just ordered at Glock Gen5 19 MOS. I'm going to purchase a Holosun HS407C v2. I'm going to order Torx alloy steel mounting screws from McMaster Carr, can someone confirm the screw size to mount to the Glock MOS plate? Battlewerx sells 6-32 Thread Size, 5/16" Long for the V1, is there a difference in screw size for the V2?
    Supposedly the screws are different between V1 and V2, though I'm not specifically sure how. When I installed the Forward Controls Design plate, they advised using the short screws which come with the Holosun. They are T10 torx head 6-32, not sure of the length.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    Supposedly the screws are different between V1 and V2, though I'm not specifically sure how. When I installed the Forward Controls Design plate, they advised using the short screws which come with the Holosun. They are T10 torx head 6-32, not sure of the length.
    Thanks for the info. I might try reaching out to Holosun. I've had really good luck with a bunch of Holosun optics, but I have had a cross bolt fail in one of their mounts. I'd feel better if I could replace the included screws with some known quality fasteners. If anyone has a V2 and can measure the screws I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for the info. I might try reaching out to Holosun. I've had really good luck with a bunch of Holosun optics, but I have had a cross bolt fail in one of their mounts. I'd feel better if I could replace the included screws with some known quality fasteners. If anyone has a V2 and can measure the screws I'd greatly appreciate it.
    I'd do it for you but mine are currently all screwed into MOS plates (which reminds me, I should probably get some spares). If you happen to find out this info, would you mind sharing?

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    I'd do it for you but mine are currently all screwed into MOS plates (which reminds me, I should probably get some spares). If you happen to find out this info, would you mind sharing?
    I definitely will. I checked the downloadable manual but no joy there, it just says "there are screws". I'm going to call them tomorrow morning. Worst case, I'll measure the ones it comes with when I get the optic and post here. Maybe the screws it comes with are just fine and I'm overthinking this, but a pack of 100 quality fasteners from McMaster is under $10 and cheap insurance.

I don’t know if this is the best place for this question, but searching for “BLPS” didn’t turn up anything even though I know it’s come up before.

Has there been any more info about this prototype low profile sight? I think the concept shows tremendous promise, being an ultra low profile direct mount MOS sight suitable for CC.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I haven't heard back on the email I sent, but I think this might be a case for common sense and deductive reasoning. Battlewerx sells 6-32 x 5/16 for the V1, and there is only one size smaller you can go in 6-32 and that's 1/4. So it has to be 6-32 x 1/4 if shorter screws are needed. I think the wise thing is to order both and see which works better, and also some M3 x 0.50 mm Thread Size, 6 mm Long for screwing the plate to the slide. Since I'm going to use the stock MOS system at first and the weak point is the screws, I want the best screws possible. If I wind up falling in love with the setup I'll get the FCD plate.
    This is my order, this would cover every Holosun pistol optic to the Glock MOS. I may wait until I hear back from Holosun before hitting the order button and eliminate the length I don't need to save a little money.
    *EDIT the 1/4" length fasteners will not work, they are too short.
    Name:  2020-08-16 20_45_00-Window.jpg
Views: 867
Size:  30.5 KB
    Last edited by stomridertx; 08-31-2020 at 04:48 PM.

My 407co v2 arrived. The auto sucked for me so I switched to manual like my 407c v2 but otherwise it seems like a nice reticle. It will be a bit before I get any info on it as I need to send my slide to get milled. But the 8 moa circle is nice and round, though without correction to my vision it looks like a giant dot rather than a circle with nothing in the middle.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    My 407co v2 arrived. The auto sucked for me so I switched to manual like my 407c v2 but otherwise it seems like a nice reticle. It will be a bit before I get any info on it as I need to send my slide to get milled. But the 8 moa circle is nice and round, though without correction to my vision it looks like a giant dot rather than a circle with nothing in the middle.
    Would you mind measuring the length of the short screws that came with your optic and post here? It would be a huge help, mine doesn't arrive for a week and I'd like to get McMaster fasteners en route.

User Tag List