Page 9 of 101 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

Just got off the phone with Holosun support. The screws provided with the V2 pistol optics are as follows:
    Long screws for picatinny mount: 6-32 x 3/8"
    Short screws: 6-32 x 9/32"
    He said the short screws are the correct length for the MOS plate, but some customers have had to file them down. Here's the kicker, McMaster Carr does not have a 6-32 x 9/32 black oxide Torx alloy steel fastener available. They only have 1/4" and 5/16" lengths, and 9/32" is in between.
    *Edit
    1/4" Screws are too short and I wound up using the Holosun provided screws. I did not need to file them as they stop just short of the bottom of the plate. The McMaster Carr 1/4" screws I got measured a bit shorter than 1/4", so I'm thinking the 5/16" length is the right screw to get, and be prepared to possibly have to file them. I can find no source for a 9/32" length torx fastener that is made of alloy steel. There appears to be nothing wrong with the Holosun provided screws, but I think it's worthwhile to source a box of quality fasteners if fielding these optics.
    Last edited by stomridertx; 08-31-2020 at 04:17 PM.

Just got this email from Kenzie's Optics related to my 507K pre order...

Holosun just announced beginning in September many models will be updated to a new model with different button locations.

For all pre-orders, Holosun is trying to fulfill all outstanding orders. However, if they are not able to fulfill these orders, your order will be swapped to the new model unless you request a cancellation. Please see below for your projected model shipment date provided by Holosun.

Name:  unnamed.png
Views: 2780
Size:  63.3 KB

September - HS507C-X2, HS507K-X2, HS407C-X2, HS407CO-X2 and HS407K-X2 begin shipping.

October - HE508T-X2 begin shipping.

November - HE507C-GR-X2, HE407C-GR-X2, and HE508T-GR-X2 begin shipping.

Interesting. Sounds like they felt the Trijicon lawsuit was unwinnable and are giving up that fight.

I hope the new button location is as ergonomic and durable as the V2 buttons. I could see them rushing something through without doing a lot of testing.

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    Interesting. Sounds like they felt the Trijicon lawsuit was unwinnable and are giving up that fight.

I hope the new button location is as ergonomic and durable as the V2 buttons. I could see them rushing something through without doing a lot of testing.
    Unwinnable or just not worth the time and money to win... I imagine they had other button options already in play just from the T&E process.

*dark humor warning*

Well, look at the bright side. The Chinese labor pool just increased by at least one engineer.

Question for the experienced RDS users. Just ordered my first RDS pistol, LTT 92 RDO. Provided that works out well, I will be sending my current slide for milling.

Given the pending redesign, would you just wait for the newer model with the thought that if I end up with multiple RDS having a “standard” button layout would be beneficial.

Or grab one of the current models understanding that future models will likely have a different button layout?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Unwinnable or just not worth the time and money to win... I imagine they had other button options already in play just from the T&E process.
    Many companies prefer to avoid litigation, even when they are "right." Its expensive and can get messy. Lawyers are the only ones who win in court.

Moved to correct thread
    Last edited by GJM; 08-19-2020 at 09:23 AM.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post

More likely trying to make sure they can keep selling stuff if Trijicon receives an injunction to prevent Holosun from selling the disputed products. I suspect you will see the new 1632 battery and the old buttons.

How's this for bad luck:
    I got my new HS407V2 in on Friday. I took it to the range Saturday and finally figured out how to bench rest my Glock 19.5 MOS enough to get a good 25 yard zero. Super happy with myself, I left the gun on the sandbag rest while looking through my spotting scope, bumped the table, and the pistol took a Sage Dynamics style fall to the concrete optic first. I got the same result he did as well, glass cracked in the upper right corner. It held it's zero, is fully functional, and I don't even notice the crack when presenting. That left me all weekend to wonder if Holosun would cover this under warranty or tell me I need to be more careful and to piss off. I called them today, and the rep on the phone was nice and said it was covered and directed me to the online RMA process. Here's hoping it's painless, but so far so good. Now that I've experienced the worst case scenario first hand and it was still functional, I'm confident enough to carry one. However, if this return doesn't go smoothly I may think twice before getting another one. How much y'all wanna bet I wind up with the X2 version with "new" buttons shaped like Trijicon's tears?

User Tag List