Page 90 of 101 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

EvoSec Podcast w/Tim Herron about the 32moa circle reticle

Cross-posting this here for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I just listened to @rawkguitarist's outstanding interview with USPSA GM Tim Herron. This episode was jam-packed with awesomeness, including a very intriguing discussion of the 32moa circle reticle on Holosun optics.

https://evosec.libsyn.com/tim-herron...ot-circle-only
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I've had to send back Leupold DPP (twice or three times), SRO (once), and ACRO P2 (once) to their respective manufacturers. My broken EPS Carry has now been sitting at Holosun longer than the combined turnaround for repairs of all of my other optics. Those EPS are probably hard to fix. Or in a short supply to replace. Or Holosun's CS is understaffed due to supply chain pandemic Chinese balloons inflation reasons.
    Just a random observation.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I've had to send back Leupold DPP (twice or three times), SRO (once), and ACRO P2 (once) to their respective manufacturers. My broken EPS Carry has now been sitting at Holosun longer than the combined turnaround for repairs of all of my other optics. Those EPS are probably hard to fix. Or in a short supply to replace. Or Holosun's CS is understaffed due to supply chain pandemic Chinese balloons inflation reasons.
    Just a random observation.
    I have never known them to do anything, but send a new replacement unit. I would jiggle them and see what's up.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I did. "In the order it was received".

Which worries me. Are they having a high failure rate?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I think it is a multiple choice
    1. Holosun is experiencing equipment failure rates above the ability of their CS to handle in less than one month.
    2. EPS line is experiencing failure rates beyond their ability to be replaced quickly. As @GJM alluded to, I doubt that Holosun is going to attempt to repair those.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I think it is a multiple choice
    1. Holosun is experiencing equipment failure rates above the ability of their CS to handle in less than one month.
    2. EPS line is experiencing failure rates beyond their ability to be replaced quickly. As @GJM alluded to, I doubt that Holosun is going to attempt to repair those.
    Or

3. There is a mismatch between EPS demand and Holosun's ability to manufacture units in sufficient quantity to supply sales and warrantee.

Most likely, some combination of 1, 2 and 3.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    While I am not anti holosun, I personally would not buy version 1 of an optic they put out. I would buy version 2 and buy a second for when the first goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Cross-posting this here for obvious reasons.
    Thanks for the shares Clusterfrack.

I'm going to spend more time tomorrow with the circle only. Last time I just "jammed" with it because I was in a hurry. Tomorrow I'm going to run the 5x5 several times since I have data in my journal.

Its interesting... in my searches I only found 3 clips of people using the circle. John Correa, Earnest Langdon and a random guy talking about it. The first I'd heard of anyone using the circle was when another guest mentioned Tim using it.
    Aaron D.
    EvoSec
    Evolution Security Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by rawkguitarist View Post
    Thanks for the shares Clusterfrack.

I'm going to spend more time tomorrow with the circle only. Last time I just "jammed" with it because I was in a hurry. Tomorrow I'm going to run the 5x5 several times since I have data in my journal.

Its interesting... in my searches I only found 3 clips of people using the circle. John Correa, Earnest Langdon and a random guy talking about it. The first I'd heard of anyone using the circle was when another guest mentioned Tim using it.
    My wife and I have been using the circle only for carry on 507K, 507C and 509T X2 optics for a number of years. It solves issues with phantom dots and splatter in low sun angles.

My first experience with a circle only optic was the OEM optic on the AUG a few decades ago!

I think the circle is a great carry choice, but have found it makes shot calling harder. It also eats batteries quicker on the 507K.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....le-dot-for-EDC

User Tag List