Page 13 of 101 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: General Holosun pistol optic thread

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    How's this for bad luck:
    I got my new HS407V2 in on Friday. I took it to the range Saturday and finally figured out how to bench rest my Glock 19.5 MOS enough to get a good 25 yard zero. Super happy with myself, I left the gun on the sandbag rest while looking through my spotting scope, bumped the table, and the pistol took a Sage Dynamics style fall to the concrete optic first. I got the same result he did as well, glass cracked in the upper right corner. It held it's zero, is fully functional, and I don't even notice the crack when presenting. That left me all weekend to wonder if Holosun would cover this under warranty or tell me I need to be more careful and to piss off. I called them today, and the rep on the phone was nice and said it was covered and directed me to the online RMA process. Here's hoping it's painless, but so far so good. Now that I've experienced the worst case scenario first hand and it was still functional, I'm confident enough to carry one. However, if this return doesn't go smoothly I may think twice before getting another one. How much y'all wanna bet I wind up with the X2 version with "new" buttons shaped like Trijicon's tears?
    Looks like my prediction is coming true. They received my optic on the 10th, and they told me the "inspection process" takes 10-12 business days. Today is day 12 so I emailed for an update. The response was "We are currently awaiting inventory to replace your RMA with, when we get some you will get a tracking number." I'm definitely gonna wind up with the HS407C-X2. Thanks Trijicon.

Lame. Sorry that's happening.

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    I'm definitely gonna wind up with the HS407C-X2. Thanks Trijicon.
    You can blame Trijicon for your plight, in defending their IP and work, but the real blame lies with the people behind your purchase selection, and their disrespect of intellectual property.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    You can blame Trijicon for your plight, in defending their IP and work, but the real blame lies with the people behind your purchase selection, and their disrespect of intellectual property.
    China is asshoe.
    Last edited by stomridertx; 09-27-2020 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    For putting buttons on the side of the upright and doing it differently than Trijicon? This seems like less of an outright copy and more of Holosun knowing fighting it would financially crush them and Trijicon either deciding it's not worth it or not being so sure they would win if they tried to go yard. But who really knows?

I received my Holosun 509T and V4 plate from C&H. The V4 plate was typical C&H quality. The overall size of the 509T was significantly smaller than an Acro. Despite that, the display appeared wider than an Acro and similar in vertical height. I find the 2 moa dot size small and prefer the larger size Acro dot. Not surprisingly, the Acro seems beefier. The side battery tray of the 509T has this tiny screw that could easily be lost while changing a battery in the field. More to follow after I shoot it, which will likely be next week.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Same with the 407K. They should make those screws captured, if that's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The side battery tray of the 509T has this tiny screw that could easily be lost while changing a battery in the field. More to follow after I shoot it, which will likely be next week.

Name:  02B59B0B-C5E7-46DA-8837-2AE6D8118400.jpg
Views: 1116
Size:  49.7 KB

Name:  F29B09B1-D7F5-4097-B442-83A8F64C41B7.jpeg
Views: 1163
Size:  82.2 KB

Name:  A0507FE4-5BD4-445F-837B-314E941C108F.jpg
Views: 1391
Size:  46.8 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Got a 509T the other day. Should have a couple 512C's coming today. Feel free to laugh at my terrible pics. On the G17, it's not mounted, I just placed the adapter in place to see what it looked like.

I decided I'm going to use the 509T on a UMP 9mm conversion I'm building, but that's been a bit of an ordeal. Not sure if anyone else has dealt with this on the 509 but, it seems the recoil lug cutouts on the RMR adapter plate are not very deep. Maybe it's only intended to be used in conjunction with a sealing plate, which would make sense. Thought I'd mention it just in case. For my UMP conversion, I bought a KDG Sidelok QD RMR mount... and same issue, the recoil lug holes don't allow a flush fit. So I have a flat sealing plate on the way which will hopefully be enough of a shim to work.

Name:  IMG_20200929_171317_tn.jpg
Views: 1139
Size:  79.6 KB

Name:  IMG_1280_tn.jpg
Views: 1093
Size:  49.6 KB

Name:  IMG_1276_tn.jpg
Views: 1123
Size:  48.5 KB
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

Oh man, past couple of days have been like Christmas. Got a couple Holosun HS512C's in. Along with the 509T I got the other day, I've been saving and waiting for something like 6-8 months. Been impossible to find any of these in stock.

No rounds down range yet. What I notice so far about the 512C is, it feels significantly smaller than an EOTech EXPS3, and I like that. It also feels like it has a very large window, so I'm quite happy about that.

Mounting
    Tightening the lock screw did feel fairly positive. I was able to tighten hand tight plus torque angle of a few degrees (just by hand) without feeling as if the screw would strip, so that's good.

Auto Mode
    It's quick and easy to switch from auto to manual mode. My initial feeling on the auto brightness is that it is noticeably slow. I haven't timed it but, walking around in my poorly lit house with rooms of significantly different levels of light, there is a noticeable lag of maybe 400-700ms I would guess. Once I get done playing around with settings and get serious about configuring it for actual use, I think I'll probably leave it on manual mode.

Battery Compartment
    In waiting for one of these for more than a half a year, I considered one of the 510C models. Two things held me back. I wanted a fully enclosed emitter, and I didn't want a screw-in battery compartment door. I'm not fond of some of the screw-in doors on other Holosun models. Some, like the 407/507 models, work well enough. Others, like the 403, have such small screws that they're pretty much guaranteed to strip. I like what I've seen so far with the 512C. The battery door has a spring-loaded detent that locks the release lever in place. Simply slide that detent to the right, lift up on the lever, rotate counter clockwise (I believe 1/4 turn), and the compartment pulls straight out. Seems simple and robust. I like it! I'll let you all know how durable it is in 2 or 3 years when the battery runs out.

Name:  IMG_20201001_130059_tn.jpg
Views: 1138
Size:  28.7 KB

Name:  IMG_20201001_130114_tn.jpg
Views: 1070
Size:  26.4 KB

Name:  IMG_20201001_130202_tn.jpg
Views: 1023
Size:  24.8 KB
    No, it's not canted. Just a weird visual effect of my crappy photo-taking skills and the angle. Same goes for the next pic.

Name:  IMG_20201001_130233_tn.jpg
Views: 1056
Size:  24.0 KB

Name:  IMG_1281_tn.jpg
Views: 1034
Size:  41.7 KB
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

User Tag List