Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Central Park Karen is a racist

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    "Mind your own business" really should be on our money.

I do grok his concerns, but playing freelance rule enforcer towards total strangers is not all that safe.
    And then he escalated by pulling out the dog treats and camera- which is extra stupid.
    Yeah, where I grew up that would definitely get the shit kicked out of you. Minding your own bidness was a survival skill unless you happened to be Roberto Duran.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Ive seen a ton of people on social media assume shes a Trump supporter. I think that says a lot about the people assuming.

Anyways... Shes clearly an unhinged nut but that guy seemed a little off too.

Also, I hate to be "that guy" but he didn't start filming until she started freaking out. Who knows what he said or did before that. Im not making excuses for her because like I said, she clearly a nut, but I find it concerning that its becoming commonplace to destroy people's lives over 30 second video clips that often is edited or doesn't show the full story.

How hard would it be to find someone having a bad day, antagonize them until they lash out, then start filming it and only show the worst 30 seconds so they look crazy?

My point? We now live in a society where...
    1) Social media allows things to spred like wild fire
    2) A large segment of the population just love to find things to be offended about and pissed off by (and will share it on social media when they do)
    3) People are very quick to assume

Its not a great combo.
    Last edited by Warped Mindless; 05-27-2020 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    Also, I hate to be "that guy" but he didn't start filming until she started freaking out. Who knows what he said or did before that. Im not making excuses for her because like I said, she clearly a nut, but I find it concerning that its becoming commonplace to destroy people's lives over 30 second video clips that often is edited or doesn't show the full story.
    Bingo!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    My thoughts exactly.
    Gee, just because it paints a giant group of people with the same brush? 😉

I didn't think the article was terrible until the end where it goes into "this is the norm" bit.

If it was the norm, it wouldn't be news.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

I live in an area where the Klan is still a "thing."

Last time a saw a white man uncomfortable with a black man was an older white man who was a bit uncomfortable with a middle aged black guy who had moved from New York recently and was a bit too enthusiastic about his Trump fandom in public. (And I would expect he's a Trump supporter.) Yankees take a while to understand that we don't really wear our hearts on our sleeve so much around these parts.

The one time I was present for a white dude saying the dreaded word in public, it was an alkie raging at the convience store, and all of us, white and black, just stood around open mouthed because it was SHOCKING! Like a guy whipping it out and pleasuring himself in public.

But the Independent has us sussed out.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

For those who aren't especially moral, and feel guilty about it, finding someone 'worse' than you are, then pointing & screeching at that person is a good way to get a quick moral fix.

Lots easier than the actual hard work of being a good person.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Wingate's Hairbrush View Post
    I saw a dog reflexively freaking out because the handler was holding his forelegs off the ground via the collar (a different sign of a bad owner).

Watch again. The dog was strangling.
    I saw the same and was wishing there was a way to treat people like her the way they treat their dogs.
    Racist or not - she’s an oxygen thief.

Site Supporter
    Woman is stupid and mentally ill and racist too. I feel sorry for her dog.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Woman is stupid and mentally ill and racist too. I feel sorry for her dog.
    Dog is back in rescue where she got him. CPK has no business owning a dog.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Dog is back in rescue where she got him. CPK has no business owning a dog.
    CPK could become a new acronym for Karen +P ®
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

User Tag List