Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Central Park Karen is a racist

And just like that...

Definitely food for thought and I’m usually all aboard the Kyle Smith train.

Here, though, the video shows Karen approaching Christian. That strikes me as inconsistent with her being in fear of him. She also says she’s going to tell 911 “that there’s an African American man threatening my life.” She really is a psycho if she approaches a man who had threatened her life.

That said, and while I continue to maintain that she can kiss my ass of no color, do I agree her life should be forever ruined? Deep down, no. More towards the surface, there’s a certain turnabout is fair play schadenfreude in seeing this happen to the type of person who would herself be screeching and virtue signaling had it been any other Karen.
    Last edited by Kanye Wyoming; 05-27-2020 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    How hard would it be to find someone having a bad day, antagonize them until they lash out, then start filming it and only show the worst 30 seconds so they look crazy?
    Not that hard, even before today's 'wokedness' -

Back story: The Maine State Police, helped on by a police training video company called "In the Line of Duty" made this trooper out to be the poster boy for calm perseverance in the face of nut jobs. Unfortunately, as related by Dr. George Thompson of "Verbal Judo" fame, after this had been done it was found out that the reason the Trooper in question had been issued one of the first in car videos was because of complaints about his interactions with motorists, and that he had baited the guy without the camera on, turning it on when he approached the vehicle to present the citation.

Additionally, the Trooper's tactics on this stop could be used as a primer of how not to be safe on a traffic stop.
    Last edited by DDTSGM; 05-28-2020 at 12:12 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post

The month(s) leading up to 9/11 the big news story was shark attacks, despite the fact that shark attacks were down for the year, because the 24-hour news couldn't find anything else bad to talk about. Then shit got real.
    That triggered a distant memory for me -- seemed like there was a missing woman case that was always on. I had to google to remember the name, but does anyone else remember the 24/7 coverage of Chandra Levy and Gary Condit in the summer of 2001? Seems like that was a constant. .. then, you're right, serious stuff happened.

Anyway on this story, I agree with the National Review article's point that she has a heck of a potential case against her employer. Not a great idea to fire someone, then post on social media calling the employee a racist. "We don't discuss personnel matters" is usually a safe bet.

It doesn't sound like either one of these people handled themselves very well. I can't imagine that people's mental health in New York City is very good right now, either.

My bet is that the woman in question will probably enter rehab or some type of treatment for something or other in an attempt to elicit sympathy, and to claim that she had this or that problem which influenced her behavior. This is something that some people do these days to to try to deflect negative publicity after they have screwed up publicly in a high profile way. I'm gonna guess she will claim PTSD due to the covid-19 or some past events in her life, and insist that this influenced her behavior.

This could set a path for her to attempt to salvage her career and her life and to quietly get her job back because she would be able to claim something under the Americans with Disabilities act. Yeah, I know . . .

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    And just like that...
    As I have tried to emphasize repeatedly, all the facts need to be evaluated before reaching a conclusion or passing sentence.

This woman's life was destroyed in the blink of an eye...regardless of whether we may find her shrill or find fault with her behavior.

Without any substantive evidence of what occurred before the video was turned on, we only have her statement, and Mr. Cooper's statement which was posted on facebook. If some stranger had said something of the kind to my wife, that he'd do what he wanted but she wouldn't like it, I think I'd take pretty strong issue with it, on the basis of its implication alone.

In this case, the punishment doled out has not been proportional to the alleged offense.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

You would think after Furgeson and Trayvon people would have learned a lesson about trial by media.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    You would think after Furgeson and Trayvon people would have learned a lesson about trial by media.
    I think what we learned from those events is that the facts don't matter to many...even after grand juries...and trials, respectively.

Worse yet is when politicians, up to and including presidents, pronounce their, (mistaken and uneducated), views on these matters adding to, or engendering unnecessary strife.

It's a shit show.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I think what we learned from those events is that the facts don't matter...even after grand juries...and trials, respectively.

Worse yet is when politicians, up to and including presidents, pronounce their, (mistaken and uneducated), views on these matters adding to, or engendering unnecessary strife.

It's a shit show.
    100%
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

User Tag List