Thread: Beretta 92 disassembly question: decocker function

Beretta 92 disassembly question: decocker function

On my Beretta 92A1, there is a plunger and spring with a pin on the right side of decocker on the slide. The tip of the pin protrudes down into a slot in the slide that interfaces with the rear end of trigger bar. I know the decocker mechanism is actually a lobe on the shaft of the decocker in the center of slide underneath. With the slide off the frame you can press down on the decocker arm (adjacent to the ejector) and the hammer will fall (might want to prevent hammer falling with slide off). What function is performed by the interface of the rear of trigger bar with that pin? Seems that when the pistol is “off safe” the pin will not push down and hit the trigger bar. When the pistol is “on safe” the pin protrudes into the slot and would touch the trigger bar. Is this the mechanism that disconnects the trigger from the hammer when “on safe”? Thanks.

While writing the original post it hit me that might be the trigger bar disconnect feature. I just field stripped my 92A1 and pressed down on rear of trigger bar and that is what it does. It is the method by which the safety/decocker disconnects the trigger. So I guess I answered my own question. Sorry about that. Perhaps someone else didn’t know either. I have now reached the point where I have completely disassembled the 92 and know what everything does. The video that Langdon Tactical produced for the TJIAB was excellent. I was previously scared to mess with the sear. The MosinVirus guy on U-Tube also has an excellent Beretta 92 disassembly video. It is a nice feeling to be able to work on your own pistol. The experience on Pistol Forum is amazing. I really appreciate it.

I agree, messing w/ out 92s is always rewarding. Same w/ participating in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Rmiked View Post
    While writing the original post it hit me that might be the trigger bar disconnect feature. I just field stripped my 92A1 and pressed down on rear of trigger bar and that is what it does. It is the method by which the safety/decocker disconnects the trigger. So I guess I answered my own question. Sorry about that. Perhaps someone else didn’t know either. I have now reached the point where I have completely disassembled the 92 and know what everything does. The video that Langdon Tactical produced for the TJIAB was excellent. I was previously scared to mess with the sear. The MosinVirus guy on U-Tube also has an excellent Beretta 92 disassembly video. It is a nice feeling to be able to work on your own pistol. The experience on Pistol Forum is amazing. I really appreciate it.
    P-F wouldn't be complete without a chance to spend money, so buy yourself a G conversion and forget what you just learned.

https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/beretta-g-lever-kit/
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Beretta Re-Assembly Concerns - Decocker

Quote Originally Posted by Rmiked View Post
    You’re a bit ahead of me. I just installed a TJIB and the only (slightly) interesting thing was reassembling the sear spring but three tries was all that was needed.

I’ve not tried to disassemble the slide yet. The de-cockers seem a bit troublesome to re-assemble though I could be dead wrong.

Congrats!

The decocker assembly is a little frustrating. The MosinVirus guy on U-tube is awesome. After watching him , I think anyone can do it. Link below.

https://youtu.be/OTc_wb5YaU4

Actually the new G conversion kit is easier to re-assemble than an old 92G. The right side plunger and spring in the old style has been replaced w/ a clock spring in the new style. My tip is save a long dry cleaning bag and do your work inside it.

The conversion worked, but I had to wear it in to get it to reliably spring back on my Brigadier Inox. Sat there for like an hour, working the decocker.

I do like the profile of the original G models over the conversion... but both work. Doing that to my Brigadier slide, having a 96G Centurion conversion, and converting my PX4 to G made the manual of arms identical. Only one that was different was my S&W 1006... but had it cut for the TSW slot and the decocker installed on it.

Yes, it disconnects the trigger while on safe. Note a standard 92G does not do this and essentially uses that channel, closed on the bottom, for the spring and plunger that push the safety lever up after decocking. Not sure if the newer style Gs do or not now that I think about it
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

User Tag List