Page 88 of 194 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast

Thread: Minneapolis PD Suspect Dies On Video While Handcuffed. FBI Investigating.

I liked this distinction between protesters and "protesters".
    --------------------
    "...A big mass protest, with plenty of anger directed at police -- no matter how well justified -- creates congenial cover for people who set dumpster fires, smash shop windows, scrawl spray-paint slogans and generate chaos, but don't confuse them with the painfully sincere groups of ministers and priests and the sign-waving folks who line up in public places; it's not that simple. There's not much in the way of direct crossover between them: the protesters at least think things can be made better. The violent types are happy to make things worse."

http://twowheeledmadwoman.blogspot.c...horrified.html

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    I liked this distinction between protesters and "protesters".
    --------------------
    "...A big mass protest, with plenty of anger directed at police -- no matter how well justified -- creates congenial cover for people who set dumpster fires, smash shop windows, scrawl spray-paint slogans and generate chaos, but don't confuse them with the painfully sincere groups of ministers and priests and the sign-waving folks who line up in public places; it's not that simple. There's not much in the way of direct crossover between them: the protesters at least think things can be made better. The violent types are happy to make things worse."

http://twowheeledmadwoman.blogspot.c...horrified.html
    Tam's pal Roberta has a way of turning a pithy phrase sometimes.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    President Trump just said if the Governors don't call in the NG and take control he will sent in the military.
    I’m gonna call in the NG on that fucking Avatar. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve jumped out of my skin today as that damn bug jumps around.

Just kidding. I’m about used to it by now.

I wounder how long it will take for the Dems to file a lawsuit to block him from using the military?
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I’m gonna call in the NG on that fucking Avatar. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve jumped out of my skin today as that damn bug jumps around.

Just kidding. I’m about used to it by now.
    I don't even reach for the fly swatter for real flies anymore thanks to that guy!

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I wounder how long it will take for the Dems to file a lawsuit to block him from using the military?
    Remember a military used against American citizen protesters by this President can be used against gun owners by the next.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    It's taught, and has been for many years. But, many of those lessons- "stay in school", "don't do drugs", "obey the law", "don't drink", "use protection", "don't smoke"- are often mocked, ignored, and ridiculed. Others are even more square- save money, work hard, deny gratification, eschew debt, take care of what you have, and so on. It's kind of boring, really, and goes against the YOLO party message of the culture.
    Does the middle class not drink and smoke? Do they eschew debt? I dunno, maybe. I think most middle class folks are carrying debt, but perhaps have a better understanding of how to harness it. I have a mortgage and my house payment is significantly cheaper than an equivalent apartment, but it comes with debt. I think it's a bit simplistic to think it's that easy for many folks, especially those of limited intellect. I know that's a taboo topic, but when you stop and think that roughly 1/6th of the US population is rocking an IQ of 85 or less (and that IQ is relatively static) and the number of opportunities available for those folks to make a living is diminishing much more rapidly then it is for the more intellectually gifted and it starts to look like maybe just "work hard" etc. isn't going to work for more and more of the country. Work hard at what? That's why the industrial revolution was such a boon to the modern middle class, lots of jobs of limited complexity that the masses could do as well as complex jobs for the more mentally able. The Information revolution does not have that same distribution.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Trump now staging a photo op by walking to ST. John's Church. Cleared out protestors at LAfayette sq w/ tear gas to make that happen. This is some spectacularly bad messaging, and will only serve to antagonize and incite more anger

Got a VCDL message that they are on alert in Chesterfield - around Richmond, VA - due to a threat from ANTIFA going into the suburbs and looting.

Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    Trump now staging a photo op by walking to ST. John's Church. Cleared out protestors at LAfayette sq w/ tear gas to make that happen. This is some spectacularly bad messaging, and will only serve to antagonize and incite more anger
    Illinois Governor just affirmed they won't be asking for the US military.

Just saw that stunt. He held the Bible like he never held one before.

User Tag List