Page 69 of 194 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast

Thread: Minneapolis PD Suspect Dies On Video While Handcuffed. FBI Investigating.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I lived in Orlando while she was chief. Not a fan.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...s10-story.html

"An internal-affairs investigator gave Orlando Police Chief Val Demings a "written censure" as punishment for not properly securing her gun in her car.

Someone broke into Demings' Chevy Tahoe the night of Feb. 27 and stole a duffel bag she had placed on the floor of the vehicle. The bag contained her agency-issued 9 mm Sig Sauer gun, ammunition, handcuffs and baton."
    Stole her gun while it was concealed in a gym bag in her apparently unlocked unit? MEH. I think this provides more perspective:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...ngress/443526/

Tanker truck just came onto a closed freeway attempting to run down protestors in Minneapolis. Won't help to calm things down

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I think the criminal case will be a disaster for the prosecution and the civil case will be a complete blood bath for the city.
    Probably. The question then becomes will the city opt to warm up its checkbook. Whether it's because they want to get this over with or because they don't want their presumably shitty training and failures to discipline bad cops to see the light of day.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by helothar View Post
    Tanker truck just came onto a closed freeway attempting to run down protestors in Minneapolis. Won't help to calm things down

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    He did an awfully bad job at running down protestors since he swerved from one and stopped, not hitting anyone.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I think that's precisely the point, actually. This isn't a situation of self-defense. This is the state imposing its will to establish the rule of law, no questions asked. This is about mercilessly setting and enforcing the boundaries.

Whether you think it's worthwhile, will drive a wedge in the community, etc is a different conversation. ETA: ...and not one I would really disagree with, but going to every person violating orders under the EO and having a heart-to-heart and hugging it out is obviously not the goal here like it is in Flint, Camden, or other places where people were orderly. Making people respect the rule of law is the goal. That's going to hurt, and its not going to be pretty.
    Exactly.

This situation was created by the weak to non existent early response. Once social order devolves to the point you are losing entire police precincts you are in the very definition of exigency. The problem is “More force sooner equals less force later” applies at the macro level as well as the individual level.

It takes more force to re-impose control than it takes to maintain it. That re-imposition looks ugly but it is a direct result of the initial hesitation on the part of local and state governments.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiban View Post
    A ray of hope in this shit storm.

Protesters Form Human Shield to Protect Police Officer Separated From His Unit
    https://caldronpool.com/protesters-f...from-his-unit/

Attachment 55162
    That was indeed great.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Stole her gun while it was concealed in a gym bag in her apparently unlocked unit? MEH. I think this provides more perspective:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...ngress/443526/
    I posted the gun story as an example because I remembered it. I’m not a fan. Anyway, back to the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Exactly.

This situation was created by the weak to non existent early response. Once social order devolves to the point you are losing entire police precincts you are in the very definition of exigency. The problem is “More force sooner equals less force later” applies at the macro level as well as the individual level.

It takes more force to re-impose control than it takes to maintain it. That re-imposition looks ugly but it is a direct result of the initial hesitation on the part of local and state governments.
    I'd have been more impressed had that bravado been directed at the actual bad guys.

Minneapolis P.D...clearing the streets of housewives one block at a time.

(I'm being facetious, but let's get real here. I completely support my good brothers in blue up in Minneapolis. We'll just agree to disagree.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Probably. The question then becomes will the city opt to warm up its checkbook. Whether it's because they want to get this over with or because they don't want their presumably shitty training and failures to discipline bad cops to see the light of day.
    I vote D) all of the above

Protesters are protesting in my small town right now, at least 2-300 protesters in front of the courthouse, I drove by to get a look, many of the cars parked near by are from out of town..local LE is in full force in the area, courthouse is about a mile and half from my house..

User Tag List