Page 61 of 194 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: Minneapolis PD Suspect Dies On Video While Handcuffed. FBI Investigating.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Source was a peer officer who was assigned to the unit that was targeted. Might have been an apocryphal story, but that's what I was told from "someone who was there."
    Definitely apocryphal. The same story has been reframed as happening in every situation where NG is deployed, Katrina etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I'm quoting myself here, as I've scanned the thread and watched the news, but I've still not seen a video, which surely must exist, of the time between Mr. Floyd being on the sidewalk and subsequently on the ground in the street.

I'm not a conspiracy type person, but I'm intrigued by the absence of this video on the news, unless I just missed it.
    While I agree that it would be good to have all the facts, does it even matter what happened between then? He could’ve spit in the officers faces, resisted getting in the car or tried to punch them. There’s nothing we known that shows the man was worthy of dying . Nothing he did prior to being on the ground changes the fact that he was murdered. He wasn’t shot. He was detained and being held down by three officers while one took his life while people were screaming he was killing him.

That’s why people were upset.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Source was a peer officer who was assigned to the unit that was targeted. Might have been an apocryphal story, but that's what I was told from "someone who was there."
    Thanks for the response. I am not saying the incident did not occur, but if it did it was not made public or even reported to LE. Information about such an event would have been disseminated to all LE agencies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Go back and read that thread.....the answers are all there. I wrote a tirade on Facebook based on this that has gone fairly viral on this exact topic.
    Could I trouble you to repost here?

I'm not on facebook.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    While I agree that it would be good to have all the facts, does it even matter what happened between then? He could’ve spit in the officers faces, resisted getting in the car or tried to punch them. There’s nothing we known that shows the man was worthy of dying . Nothing he did prior to being on the ground changes the fact that he was murdered. He wasn’t shot. He was detained and being held down by three officers while one took his life while people were screaming he was killing him.

That’s why people were upset.
    This. It doesn't matter. It might matter for narrative building in the culture wars, but it won't change my mind. The thread has already covered that it is common knowledge in LE that leaving, and particularly holding, someone prone after exertion and while intoxicated increases the risk of death for the detained individual. We have a legal and ethical duty to protect those in our custody, even if they are total shitbags who were trying to kill us before the cuffs were on and control was gained (two different check boxes that usually, but not always, go together).
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    There are some videos circulating online of behavior by law enforcement during the protests that seems, on its face, to be pretty inexcusable. I would appreciate input from LE members here. I am sure there is context I am missing, but, well, I'll just post the videos and refrain from further comment.

Etc. There are more but you get the idea.

So, I'm minding my own business, waiting for my breakfast order, and a guy shows me a minute or two of video on his cellphone. It's video of Floyd's body being removed from the scene.

With the provisos that I didn't have my reading glasses, and I wasn't about to touch his phone, what it looked like was two armed officers from a different jurisdiction picking up the body, putting him on a gurney and rolling him over to an ambulance.

He said "no EMTs in sight, no attempts at resuscitation." My response was that perhaps this video was shot quite a bit later, but he was sure that it was "right after" and that the body hadn't been moved from the side of the SUV. It sort of looked as if that could be true. I wasn't going to get sucked in by asking him to replay it.

I think he was disappointed in my relative lack of reaction and he said something that I've now thought about a bit since he said it. "Remember, this was before the war. That should have been a normal everyday ambulance response to the scene."

Anyone else see this video yet, and is it readily explainable? (I tried a couple different search strings and didn't immediately find the video, myself. Sorry I can't add a link to it.)

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fly out View Post
    So, I'm minding my own business, waiting for my breakfast order, and a guy shows me a minute or two of video on his cellphone. It's video of Floyd's body being removed from the scene.

With the provisos that I didn't have my reading glasses, and I wasn't about to touch his phone, what it looked like was two armed officers from a different jurisdiction picking up the body, putting him on a gurney and rolling him over to an ambulance.

He said "no EMTs in sight, no attempts at resuscitation." My response was that perhaps this video was shot quite a bit later, but he was sure that it was "right after" and that the body hadn't been moved from the side of the SUV. It sort of looked as if that could be true. I wasn't going to get sucked in by asking him to replay it.

I think he was disappointed in my relative lack of reaction and he said something that I've now thought about a bit since he said it. "Remember, this was before the war. That should have been a normal everyday ambulance response to the scene."

Anyone else see this video yet, and is it readily explainable? (I tried a couple different search strings and didn't immediately find the video, myself. Sorry I can't add a link to it.)
    I have seen a couple different videos. Now that you mention it, I don't think I remember seeing compressions at any point. I am looking for videos too and what little I am finding is not showing compressions either. If anyone has any footage to link showing CPR i would love to see it. I am hopeful I am just mistaken here.

If they could not find a pulse in the field, I cannot think of a reason they would not have immediately initiated CPR, but I am not a paramedic or LE.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 05-31-2020 at 11:46 AM.

I can't speak to resuscitation efforts but the "other armed officers" are Minneapolis EMT and not armed. The brown uniforms just appear unusually LEO-like and they like utility belts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I have seen a couple different videos. Now that you mention it, I don't think I remember seeing compressions at any point. I am looking for videos too and what little I am finding is not showing compressions either. If anyone has any footage to link showing CPR i would love to see it. I am hopeful I am just mistaken here.

If they could not find a pulse in the field, I cannot think of a reason they would not have immediately initiated CPR, but I am not a paramedic or LE.
    The fact that they check his pulse and just tossed his lifeless body on a cot just compounds it. I cannot understand why that happened. They don’t appear to be EMT or paramedics and it’s like they were just taking him to the morgue. Our protocols would dictate compressions unless there are obvious signs of death (lividity, decapitation, rigor Mortis) and those are listed. Floyd displayed none of those because he had died just minutes earlier.

I want to know where they took him after they loaded him on the cot? Did they even go to the hospital? It just makes me so sick thinking about all the compounding things and a total disregard for human life.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

User Tag List