Page 106 of 194 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1937

Thread: Minneapolis PD Suspect Dies On Video While Handcuffed. FBI Investigating.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    So what about police unions?

Positive or negative for their members and society?

Have they helped us get to this crisis point?

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Do you want me to be able to arrest the mayor's buddy if the mayor's buddy is a criminal? Then you want police unions.

Do you want me to get promoted by donating to the mayor/sheriff's election campaign, not arresting or ticketing people with the right credentials (which usually start with "I know..." and/or "...and donated to..."? They you don't want police unions.

Do you want officers who feel like they can do their jobs within the confines of both policy and the law and not get fired for political whim and media pressure? Then you want police unions.

Do you want officers afraid to take enforcement action that might result in media/political attention and the resulting APE* case? Then you do not want police unions.

*APE = A Political Emergency
    I agree with the points BBI expressed, the downside is:

The Christopher Commission’s report (commissioned after Rodney King) repeatedly comes back to what it describes as the extreme concentration of problematic officers.

A hundred and eighty-three officers (out of over 8,000) had four or more complaints against them, forty-four officers had six or more complaints, sixteen had eight or more, and one had sixteen complaints.

One officer had been the subject of thirteen allegations of excessive use of force, five other complaints, twenty-eight “use of force reports” (that is, documented, internal accounts of inappropriate behavior), and one shooting.

Another had six excessive-force complaints, nineteen other complaints, ten use-of-force reports, and three shootings.

A third had twenty-seven use-of-force reports, and a fourth had thirty-five.

Another had a file full of complaints for doing things like “striking an arrestee on the back of the neck with the butt of a shotgun for no apparent reason while the arrestee was kneeling and handcuffed,” beating up a thirteen-year-old juvenile, and throwing an arrestee from his chair and kicking him in the back and side of the head while he was handcuffed and lying on his stomach.

The report gives the strong impression that if you fired those forty-four cops the L.A.P.D. would suddenly become a pretty well-functioning police department.

So why do you think those officers were still working?

BTW, I've read what is publicly available of Officer Chauvin's record, and I'm not drawing a comparison, saying that absent a union he would have been gone before this incident. FRom what I've read, he'd probably still been working at most non-political agencies I'm familiar with.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    John Michael Posobiec III (/pəˈsoʊbɪk/ pə-SOH-bik; born December 14, 1985)[1] is an American alt-right[2][3][4] political activist and conspiracy theorist[5] who is considered an Internet troll.[6][7][8][9] Posobiec is best known for his pro-Donald Trump comments on Twitter. He has promoted fake news, including the debunked Pizzagate conspiracy theory that high-ranking Democratic Party officials were involved in a child sex ring.[10] As of 2018, he was working as a correspondent for One America News Network, a conservative cable news television channel.[11]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Posobiec
    so if wikipedia hates him that much, he must be gold.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    T, I don't do twitter. Is this person a credible source?
    Not always, but mostly he’s on target.

We had bricks thrown and shots fired at officers in Wichita last night, with a couple of officers injured. One took a bullet fragment to the head, but should be okay. There's been credible intelligence of protest activity being coordinated for downtown on Friday night so, I get to work from 3:00pm to 11:30pm on Friday. The AG has issued instructions that, "No federal building will be taken". We've asked for specific clarification on his words and should get that tomorrow.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    so if wikipedia hates him that much, he must be gold.
    How does anyone who pushed "Pizzagate" rank anything but batshit insane?

Just asking.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

NY City.

We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post

The report gives the strong impression that if you fired those forty-four cops the L.A.P.D. would suddenly become a pretty well-functioning police department.[/I]

So why do you think those officers were still working?
    Let me ask a different question.

On a department the size of LAPD, 44 officers couldn't be found duties better in line with their skill set and personality? Is firing the only option for dealing with someone who's getting complaints? Are the complaints concentrated in time? Was any attempt at officer wellness done?

I completely get some people shouldn't be cops. I'd want a lot more info before I assumed all 44 of those fell into that category and even more before I decided union obstructionism was the issue.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Another stupid social media post, this example from one of the officers who later shot a black BBQ owner (in his work doorway after he fired a shot while police were breaking up a protest).

Name:  77e8a6f4-555d-4a55-952f-a7a25d743082-RiotMSC31.jpg
Views: 562
Size:  66.9 KB

Officer Katie Crews, who was placed on administrative reassignment Monday in the fatal shooting, posted a Courier Journal photo of a protester across from her and said, "I hope the pepper balls that she got lit up with a little later on hurt."

After mentioning the pepper balls, Crews ended the post with "Come back and get ya some more ole girl, I’ll be on the line again tonight.”

She later added:

"She was saying and doing a lot more than ‘offering flowers’ to me. Just so for it to be known," Crews wrote in the post. "For anyone that knows me and knows that facial expression tells everything."

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Another stupid social media post, this example from one of the officers who later shot a black BBQ owner (in his work doorway after he fired a shot while police were breaking up a protest).

Name:  77e8a6f4-555d-4a55-952f-a7a25d743082-RiotMSC31.jpg
Views: 562
Size:  66.9 KB

Officer Katie Crews, who was placed on administrative reassignment Monday in the fatal shooting, posted a Courier Journal photo of a protester across from her and said, "I hope the pepper balls that she got lit up with a little later on hurt."

After mentioning the pepper balls, Crews ended the post with "Come back and get ya some more ole girl, I’ll be on the line again tonight.”

She later added:

"She was saying and doing a lot more than ‘offering flowers’ to me. Just so for it to be known," Crews wrote in the post. "For anyone that knows me and knows that facial expression tells everything."
    Sigh. If this info is true then this applies:
    Name:  5D042F40-3FA4-4414-AA21-84728E0B928E.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  27.6 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Let me ask a different question.

On a department the size of LAPD, 44 officers couldn't be found duties better in line with their skill set and personality?
    On the other hand, why reward bad behavior?

Is firing the only option for dealing with someone who's getting complaints?
    That would depend. Are they the same type complaints? What is the nature of the complaints? What previous remedial actions have been taken? What do we feel are the potentials for return to acceptable behavior.

Probably most important what is the potential that this officer will cause unlawful harm to someone if the officer's actions continue? Repeated substantiated use of force complaints would seem to warrant termination.

I completely get some people shouldn't be cops. I'd want a lot more info before I assumed all 44 of those fell into that category and even more before I decided union obstructionism was the issue.
    Can you ever recall an instance where a police union has defended an officer who you felt was operating beyond the pale? So, might it be a valid consideration?

User Tag List