Page 104 of 194 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1937

Thread: Minneapolis PD Suspect Dies On Video While Handcuffed. FBI Investigating.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Apparently Minneapolis specifically has a history from the early 20th century where by leases/mortages for properties in the better areas specified the property may never be leased or sold to anyone other than those of "100% Caucasian blood". These practices eventually died out but created momentum by neighborhood. I was also surprised to learn Minneapolis has like the highest gap in ave income between blacks and whites, rivaled only by Milwaukee.

Saw a breakdown of all that over the weekend. It surprised me.
    This?

https://www.npr.org/sections/money/2...acial-equality
    + The median black family in the Twin Cities area earns $38,178 a year — which is less than half of the median white family income of $84,459 a year. This income inequality gap is one of the largest in the nation; only nearby Milwaukee, Wisconsin is worse. The state of Minnesota as a whole has the second biggest income inequality gap between blacks and whites in the entire nation; only the District of Columbia is worse.

+ While about three-quarters of white families in the Twin Cities own homes, only about one-quarter of black families do. The area had a long history where "racial covenants" made it hard for blacks to become homebuyers and live in white neighborhoods.

+ In 2019, the incarceration rate of blacks in the Twin Cities area was 11 times that of whites.

+ The state of Minnesota has one of the nation's worst education achievement gaps between blacks and whites. In 2019, it ranked 50th when it comes to racial disparities in high school graduation rates.
    Last edited by peterb; 06-02-2020 at 05:08 PM.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    + The median black family in the Twin Cities area earns $38,178 a year — which is less than half of the median white family income of $84,459 a year. This income inequality gap is one of the largest in the nation; only nearby Milwaukee, Wisconsin is worse. The state of Minnesota as a whole has the second biggest income inequality gap between blacks and whites in the entire nation; only the District of Columbia is worse.
    Out of curiosity, what's that gap look like if "individual" is substituted for "family" and what's the prevalence of single parent and/or single income homes among both populations.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

There's also a fair population of Somali immigrants. Typically, life kind of sucks for first generation immigrants from pretty much anywhere, especially those leaving war torn areas.
    That may skew the stats a fair bit.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

From another forum. Can’t independently verify the source but I’m pretty confident it’s not made up.

Guess this could streamline the whole involuntary wealth transfer thing from LV hand bags and Rolexes directly to cash.

Name:  63AE60B8-1CC7-4777-A9A9-358A0228FC10.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  36.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    This?

https://www.npr.org/sections/money/2...acial-equality
    The state of Minnesota as a whole has the second biggest income inequality gap between blacks and whites in the entire nation; only the District of Columbia is worse.

Anyone know of, from any culture at any time, a God/dess of Irony?? I now believe in that one.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    From another forum. Can’t independently verify the source but I’m pretty confident it’s not made up.

Guess this could streamline the whole involuntary wealth transfer thing from LV hand bags and Rolexes directly to cash.

Name:  MP protection.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  10.6 KB
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Out of curiosity, what's that gap look like if "individual" is substituted for "family" and what's the prevalence of single parent and/or single income homes among both populations.
    Didn’t find that yet. I did find this:

20.7% of the population for whom poverty status is determined in Minneapolis, MN (82k out of 396k people) live below the poverty line, a number that is higher than the national average of 13.1%. The largest demographic living in poverty are Females 18 - 24, followed by Males 18 - 24 and then Females 25 - 34

Which would lead one to suspect that there are a lot of single-parent/single-income households in the low-income population.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

I wounder if the person removed it and showed them who he was?
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

"Are we havin' a laugh?"

"No. We're takin' the piss!"
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Teen pregnancy contributes tremendously to the cycle of poverty.

User Tag List