Page 24 of 194 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Minneapolis PD Suspect Dies On Video While Handcuffed. FBI Investigating.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    It also looks good to a hostile crowd who are too stupid to listen to the guy telling them the police didn’t shoot the guy on the ground. I would not be surprised if the victim was dead as a door nail and the compressions are solely to mollify the crowd.

On a side note,

Out of a dozen CPR applications I’m personally / professional familiar with all but two were unsuccessful and both of those involved kids. One was a co-worker who performed CPR on a child found floating face down in a hotel pool and the other was my dad on a kid who had been playing at a construction site and was buried in a cave in.

I’m personally 0-2 on CPR.
    Optics is definitely a thing and I meant no ill will towards the cops in that video.

I’ve got a good friend who works with people who were resuscitated with cpr every day. She has told me that under no circumstances should I perform or allow others to perform cpr on her if immediate medical assistance is more than 3 minutes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Not HighSpeed View Post
    Now being reported that the MPD 5th precinct is being abandoned now like the 3rd was before it was overrun and burned.
    Oh jeez. Back onto the scanner feed here across the river. I need to look up where the 5th Precinct is located. I don't know Minneapolis nearly as well as St Paul.

Edit: Well, shit. The 5th District encompasses the nicest and most historical neighborhoods in Minneapolis, all around the lakes. And it is also where my very cool in-laws and several of my wife's cousins, as well as a couple of good friends live. (the last two closest to the precinct HQ.) Good luck to the MPD tonight.
    Last edited by Lex Luthier; 05-29-2020 at 12:05 AM.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    It's not looking good for that pawn shop owner.

https://heavy.com/news/2020/05/john-rieple/
    I wouldn’t read too much into it.

Under current circumstances there is no way he is NOT getting arrested. Both for appearances and for his own safety.

The resources to do a preliminary investigation are likely not available anyway. The DA or the grand jury will have to sort it out later.

Site Supporter
    It also looks good to a hostile crowd who are too stupid to listen to the guy telling them the police didn’t shoot the guy on the ground. I would not be surprised if the victim was dead as a door nail and the compressions are solely to mollify the crowd.

On a side note,

Out of a dozen CPR applications I’m personally / professional familiar with all but two were unsuccessful and both of those involved kids. One was a co-worker who performed CPR on a child found floating face down in a hotel pool and the other was my dad on a kid who had been playing at a construction site and was buried in a cave in.

I’m personally 0-2 on CPR.
    I did CPR on an ICU patient during my EMT training rotation at a small ER back in the day. Scared out my skull and I hope to never do anything like that again. I am not a very good EMT.

From my limited experience and less limited training/reading - if the heart stopping/getting jacked up is from Trauma CPR is close to useless.

Site Supporter
    The five white males thing sounds like BS but Darwin never sleeps.

Most likely, they repeated it over the radio several times and made sure everyone was aware.

I can see some militia folks getting excited to hold order and "protect", like the Bundy Ranch thing but yea the Texas plates seems like someone was selling it to the police.

FYI for you scanner listeners, Roseville is directly north of St Paul, (separated by the State Fairgrounds and a tiny little attached town called Falcon Heights, site of the Philando Castile shooting) and is fed in via several N-S arteries.
    It's less than 7 minutes from here. An east west freeway (highway 36) runs through the north part of it.

it's amazing to me that the same locations keep being torched repeatedly. Can anyone explain why that might be? Just to tie up resources?
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Site Supporter
    “2nd precinct is happening now” from one of the streamers.

You stay safe now Minnesota peeps.

But seriously, shit is getting looney. Please check in when you can.
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 05-29-2020 at 12:31 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Most likely, they repeated it over the radio several times and made sure everyone was aware.

I can see some militia folks getting excited to hold order and "protect", like the Bundy Ranch thing but yea the Texas plates seems like someone was selling it to the police.
    Traditional “milita types,” like from the 1990s are not really a thing but there are a whole spectrum of right wing extremist groups ranging from various White Supremacist groups to non racist nihilist / accelerationist “boogaloo boys” who just want to see the world burn so they can impose a new social order. There are some open carry and III%er patriot groups in the middle.

Site Supporter
    "We're going to have to get creative with resources, guys."

-via scanner feed

Signing off for the night.

Minnesota peeps stay safe.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Optics is definitely a thing and I meant no ill will towards the cops in that video.

I’ve got a good friend who works with people who were resuscitated with cpr every day. She has told me that under no circumstances should I perform or allow others to perform cpr on her if immediate medical assistance is more than 3 minutes out.
    AED is like 4x more effective.

User Tag List