Page 16 of 194 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Minneapolis PD Suspect Dies On Video While Handcuffed. FBI Investigating.

Broadcastify Link to Saint Paul Police, Fire, and Public Works Dispatch:

https://www.broadcastify.com/webPlayer/13544

Everybody please stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Got it. Thank you both, @BehindBlueI's @5pins.

Right now it appears the team protecting the SPPD Western District Headquarters are trying to head off a possible assault.
    Bro', if you need to bail, I got a room with private shower downstairs for you and yours.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    They’re looting Footlocker and a liquor store right now.
    TJ Maxx just got set on fire.
    #RESIST

Wonder how many small businesses lost a ton of money from the shutdown only to end up looted or burned down?

Personally, if a business owner shot a looter and I was on the jury, that business owner would be walking free. I HATE people who take advantage of situations like this to loot and destroy.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    I was at USC when the LA Watt's riot started. Wow. Googling 60's riots and reading this stuff will amaze. During this time handguns were definitely difficult to find. Vietnam contributed to this too. Note that in today's climate looters are referred to as protesters.

In jails it is not uncommon for a supervisor to videotape handling non compliant inmates who are also violent. If a population subset is over represented in at risk categories that include criminal history, violent behavior, and such, then some of those arrested might be extremely difficult to process. Hence aggressive restraints might be used. I predict that police procedures will change to adjust accordingly. At the same time posturing will increase. Foot chases will cease. Traffic offense citations will decrease. Turning a blind eye to offenses will be more common.
    For sure. I was a kid during the DC riots in '68.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1968_W...n,_D.C.,_riots

My mom was a Public Health Nurse in Alexandria. We lived not far from current Landmark Plaza (no clue if it is still there.) My dad worked in DC. I remember driving down 14th street. I have images in my head of a war zone (I was 9 at the time.) No bueno.

Lets hope they have conex full of Def Tech munitions.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    TJ Maxx just got set on fire.
    Did you hear the police, on the radio, say that the owners of the tobacco shop next to it are armed?
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Time to channel your inner roof-korean, St Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    For sure. I was a kid during the DC riots in '68.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1968_W...n,_D.C.,_riots

My mom was a Public Health Nurse in Alexandria. We lived not far from current Landmark Plaza (no clue if it is still there.) My dad worked in DC. I remember driving down 14th street. I have images in my head of a war zone (I was 9 at the time.) No bueno.
    Yup, it's still there. The Landmark Mall nextdoor is vacant.

I do all of my shopping the other direction, though. What little crime there is in this area generally is around North Van Dorn....
    Last edited by TGS; 05-28-2020 at 05:14 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Did you hear the police, on the radio, say that the owners of the tobacco shop next to it are armed?
    Yep. It does not surprise me. I hope they have no further trouble.
    The PD is currently trying to clear that whole very large lot. The brown 3 story building directly behind the medical offices opposite LA Fitness is the SPPD Western Precinct. Across the street from that is the Target that was attacked earlier today.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

User Tag List