Page 42 of 194 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast

Thread: Minneapolis PD Suspect Dies On Video While Handcuffed. FBI Investigating.

Quote Originally Posted by wmu12071 View Post
    There are claims it has been breached and some precincts in NYC are being overrun.
    NYC report:

People charged the doors at the 88th, and were repelled. That was basically that, as far as I can determine.

What definitely did happen is lots of relatively peaceful protesting, and some more extreme actions on both sides. Plenty of video of police interactions to go through, if you hunt. One NYPD van burnt, multiple squad cars spray painted. Seems to be very limited damage to private property, so far as I can tell.

Boston was mostly peaceful. Nothing beyond spray paint. People really still worried about the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    It's sad how entirely predictable these events were.

Going to hell in a hand basket.
    I agree with you on the first point, Blues. Not sure about the second, we’ve had race riots in our country since, at least, the Civil War. 176-years seems like a long time to go to hell in a handbasket.

There does seem to be a 30 year cycle associated with race riots in our country. Which I attribute to each generations coming of age and acknowledgement of our history of systematic oppression. But with each successive generation, these riots seem to be smaller and smaller. MPLS is no where near the size of the LA Riots. The Watts, DC, and Chicago riots of the 60s, make LA and MPLS look like child’s play. That suggests to some degree there is greater equality, because many are less willing to take to the streets to force change through violence.

Bear in mind that’s just my interpretation and attempt to view these things as positive. Give me another 30 years and I’ll probably be way more jaded and pessimistic about it.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I agree with you on the first point, Blues. Not sure about the second, we’ve had race riots in our country since, at least, the Civil War. 176-years seems like a long time to go to hell in a handbasket.

There does seem to be a 30 year cycle associated with race riots in our country. Which I attribute to each generations coming of age and acknowledgement of our history of systematic oppression. But with each successive generation, these riots seem to be smaller and smaller. MPLS is no where near the size of the LA Riots. The Watts, DC, and Chicago riots of the 60s, make LA and MPLS look like child’s play. That suggests to some degree there is greater equality, because many are less willing to take to the streets to force change through violence.

Bear in mind that’s just my interpretation and attempt to view these things as positive. Give me another 30 years and I’ll probably be way more jaded and pessimistic about it.
    Rob, I've been up close and personal in a few major race riots in my sixty something years. I'm glad you have a perspective, and no disrespect, I have one as well...based upon personal experience. So, please, agree to disagree or not, but spare me the lecture or history lesson. I'm conversant on the subject.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Why do they keep referring to these riots as protests? The cops in question have been fired and at least one arrested. What are they protesting?
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Site Supporter
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kro...n-oakland/amp/

Federal Protective Service officer killed, another injured in shooting amid protests in Oakland

OAKLAND,Calif. (KRON) – A Federal Protective Service officer died Friday night after suffering from a gunshot wound amid protests in Oakland, according to authorities.

The FBI released a statement saying a second officer was injured in the shooting.
    A person in the car shot at the security officers for the Federal Protective Service of the Department of Homeland Security, according to the FBI.

Officials say one officer died and the other suffered injuries.

FBI San Francisco and Oakland Police Department continue to investigate the shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Looks like protests/riots planned for Seattle tomorrow. Maybe already starting. SPD is known for cracking heads. This will be epic.

https://twitter.com/amandamsnyder/st...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
    Please refresh my memory.....when does SPD crack heads? Other than the media's opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    Why do they keep referring to these riots as protests? The cops in question have been fired and at least one arrested. What are they protesting?
    You could have literally handed Chauvin over to the crowd with a noose and these assholes would still be burning down their own cities.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Rob, I've been up close and personal in a few major race riots in my sixty something years. I'm glad you have a perspective, and no disrespect, I have one as well...based upon personal experience. So, please, agree to disagree or not, but spare me the lecture or history lesson. I'm conversant on the subject.
    Blues,

Please recognize, I don’t want to discount your experience or background or thoughts. I find it abhorrent that we can predict these things with startling accuracy. Which suggests to me that we are not in a constant decline but rather a cycle of good and bad. If things are cyclical, I’m not sure we can be going to hell in a handbasket, by definition a cycle must return through previous points of prosperity and peace. Does that make sense? Now, if each successive cycle is worse, we could be going down.

We can agree or disagree on the severity of successive events. I recognize you have been up close and personal with them in ways I have not. Simultaneously, we can recognize that we then have differing perspectives of the same events. In that way, perhaps we can not make it personal and rather academic in a broader sense. You are conversant on the subject with greater experience in it as well - are there aspects of these riots that seem worse/more violent than what you have previously experienced?

As a follow up Seattle announces when and where to riot and promises to not interfere . That way the Mayor is guaranteed CNN time. I wonder if she invited the protesters to her multi-million dollar waterfront home to trash it?

User Tag List