Page 130 of 194 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1937

Thread: Minneapolis PD Suspect Dies On Video While Handcuffed. FBI Investigating.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    So....black folks get the short end of the stick on being stopped by LE, hiring, prison sentences, having perps get far less time for killing them, etc. because of individual racism?

I would say I believe something very close to the opposite of your viewpoint. It's mostly the system, and that is gamed against folks without money at every turn. The racist outcomes are mostly built in.
    So there's often more factors there. As far as getting stopped more by LE, absolutely true. Because systematic racism or because more blacks live in high crime areas, high crime areas have more cops assigned, and more cops per capita in a given area logically results in more opportunities to be stopped by the police for the same sort of infractions?

How can you simultaneously argue that 'perps get less time for killing them' and 'prison sentences' when the vast majority of black victim cases are also black suspect cases. Does jury sympathy play in? Do folks find it more socially acceptable to kill a drug dealer then a doctor who's house you broke into? Yup, they do. Do plea bargains consider the strength of the case and do how cooperative and sympathetic (as in not criminals engaged in criminal activity at the time) consider that? Yup. I've had juries let whites and blacks go who OBVIOUSLY shot or stabbed somebody illegally but the victim was such a shit bag or was engaged in criminal activity and the jury figured they had it coming.

Not everything that happens to a black person is BECAUSE they are black.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    So....black folks get the short end of the stick on being stopped by LE, hiring, prison sentences, having perps get far less time for killing them, etc. because of individual racism?

I would say I believe something very close to the opposite of your viewpoint. It's mostly the system, and that is gamed against folks without money at every turn. The racist outcomes are mostly built in.
    I think that the system is not gamed to be racist.

Young black men commit a disproportionate amount of violent crime in the nation not because they're black, but because of their socioeconomic status and factors therein. Incarceration rates are not a racist outcome and the fact they're black is coincidental; the system does not target black men, nor is skin color a penalty enhancement or aggravating factor. Their interaction with the criminal justice system is not predicated upon their skin color. I think that's what @DanM is getting at, and is how I strongly feel. As a demonstrative example, the vast majority the subjects prosecuted by my agency are hispanic. Does that make me racist, because all but a handful of people I pursued were hispanic? No. The crimes we investigate are overwhelmingly committed by people of hispanic origin. There's geopolitical reasons for that, and hispanic people wanting to steal the identities of Americans (overwhelmingly Puerto Rican, actually) to establish a fraudulent presence in the United States.....we don't specifically target and prosecute them simply because they're hispanic. I resent the notion that I or my institution are racist simply because of the statistical outcome.

Many of the blights upon the black community don't manifest in other minority communities of poor socioeconomic standing due to their immigrant origins and strong family networks, which definitely makes the black community unique and stand-out.

Many blacks are setup for failure from the day they're born; I think that's a statement I'd agree with. I don't think the system unfairly targeting them, however, therefore I strongly oppose any movement that is attempting to change the criminal justice system to artificially manufacture lower incarceration rates among blacks, as that would entail an inherently racist predisposition (i.e. skin color should not be a factor in whether you get charged or how seriously punished).
    Last edited by TGS; 06-04-2020 at 07:32 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Suddenly German for Oktoberfest is a thing too, and it's just as silly. If you want to drink, just drink. Don't use cultural appropriation as an excuse to make it socially acceptable.
    I have a very German last name. Ten years ago, my daughter did a semester in England, and of course made it down to Germany for Oktoberfest. She is blond and has a very outgoing personality, and when they found out her last name, she didn't have to pay for a beer the entire time. She had a blast.

Site Supporter

End of Jim Crow is commonly considered to be the passing of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 so the playing field has been relatively even for all?

Not in 1964 Texas for Blacks or Mexicans, not even close.

Try again.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/...oo/3147128001/

Hawaiian shirts have been worn by military Special Forces overseas as a symbol that they are American and will continue to do their military duty no matter where they are, according to Burghart.
    Really?

edit: well how bout that

Wow...it's a good thing I don't own any guayaberas. (Can you hear me now, Fidel?)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

That said, look how almost united the world was - for a brief moment - back in March. The existential specter of covid-19 had that effect. It attacks people regardless of race, class, ethnicity, language etc...anyone can get it and anyone can die from it. Then we realized it maybe wasn’t quite as deadly as we thought and we went back
    Well CNN (and others) said on several occasions that COVID is a racist virus and disproportionately affects minorities.

But since the virus can't call in and offer a rebuttal, or post on internet forums, I haven't brought that up before. Fair play and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    I'm not sure which is worse, hippies or the boogaloo. Next we'll have hippies with guns. Boogies. You heard it here first.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Well CNN (and others) said on several occasions that COVID is a racist virus and disproportionately affects minorities.

But since the virus can't call in and offer a rebuttal, or post on internet forums, I haven't brought that up before. Fair play and all.
    Frankly, let's face it. Germs get a bad name.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List