Page 115 of 194 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1937

Thread: Minneapolis PD Suspect Dies On Video While Handcuffed. FBI Investigating.

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    I am sure it is regional, but a woman I used to know and considered a motherly figure was convinced on the value of the state malitia, run by a local judge. The Constitutionality claims of the group were grand. But not quite in line with USSC rulings. No training in Probable Cause, or Reasonable Force. LARPers with more symbolic than practical value.

pat
    I'm sure it's regional, but my guess being that what your saying is probably much more prevalent these days than not.

Our state guard here in Virginia used to have an MP unit that was trained and equipped for crowd and riot control, though I don't know how effectively so. It's a dying organization with few members left, so that went away a few years ago with a reorganization. Frankly the whole damn thing should probably be dissolved and assimilated by their members' respective county CERT or MRC given the overlapping/competing missions, with CERT and MRC have a much more appropriate expectations for the members that doesn't have people running around in fatigues referring to themselves by military rank.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I'm sure it's regional, but my guess being that what your saying is probably much more prevalent these days than not.

Our state guard here in Virginia used to have an MP unit that was trained and equipped for crowd and riot control, though I don't know how effectively so. It's a dying organization with few members left, so that went away a few years ago with a reorganization. Frankly the whole damn thing should probably be dissolved and assimilated by their members' respective county CERT or MRC given the overlapping/competing missions, with CERT and MRC have a much more appropriate expectations for the members that doesn't have people running around in fatigues referring to themselves by military rank.
    We are on the same sheet of muic here...

pat

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    "Can" or "has", because I think that's a pretty important distinction.
    That's rights for you. The right to free speech can, and has led to fraud and demagoguery. The right to freedom of religion can, and has led to abuse and cults. The right to bear arms can, and has led to murder and massacre. The right to a jury of one's peers can, and has led to acquittals based on local prejudices. And on it goes.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by David C. View Post
    SecDef Mike Esper just came out against the use of troops to restore order. I expect he will be removed shortly.
    I'm surprised he hasn't jumped ship already. My guess he's going to resign in the next few days. Eiether that or he'll find out he's been fired while he's on the shitter. He probably wants to be able to find another job in the swamp that Trump never drained.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    That's rights for you. The right to free speech can, and has led to fraud and demagoguery. The right to freedom of religion can, and has led to abuse and cults. The right to bear arms can, and has led to murder and massacre. The right to a jury of one's peers can, and has led to acquittals based on local prejudices. And on it goes.
    Sure, but I'm not following how that means someone who wasn't upset about prior protests that didn't spawn violence is being hypocritical. Sure they COULD have lead to riots, but they didn't. If they had I'm pretty sure the same measure would have been put into place. It's not about the message, it's about the death and destruction.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    No, he absolutely does not and he's got it right. Once lawful, peaceable assembly (and protest) devolves into rioting, looting, assault, robbery and vandalism, the criminal behavior is no longer sanctified by the BoR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Protests are legal. Try again.
    I made the qualification that protests are legal. Read what I wrote again...I'll even underline the important part for you.

Once lawful, peaceable assembly (and protest) devolves into rioting, looting, assault, robbery and vandalism, the criminal behavior is no longer sanctified by the BoR.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    You just wear people down, don't you? LOL

Posited: As a result of union pressure police agencies sometimes retain officers who, by demonstrated action have demonstrated unsuitability to continue as LEO's? Yes or No
    If I may offer a suggestion- perhaps the thread in the LE sub forum regarding a Broward deputy who was fired for cowardly hiding during the Stoneman school shooting might offer some insight to police unions. I believe it is titled Broward County SD and is quite recent.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Gen. Mattis just tore trump a new one. Trump frankly is done

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    Not sure what your point is in reference to the quote to which you responded... criminal activity is criminal activity regardless of the origin from which it branches.
    Sure. My point is that protests are not illegal. Protests do not lead to riots. They are a cornerstone of American liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    Gen. Mattis just tore trump a new one. Trump frankly is done
    I'm glad Mattis is finally speaking, but I don't think any of this will pull people off their positions. His chance to call out dysfunctional leadership was long ago.

Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us.
    He'll just be denounced as a liberal and supporters will move on.

User Tag List