Page 114 of 194 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1937

Thread: Minneapolis PD Suspect Dies On Video While Handcuffed. FBI Investigating.

Minneapolis PD Suspect Dies On Video While Handcuffed. FBI Investigating.

Excellent article:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj...sm-11591119883

The Myth of Systemic Police Racism
    Hold officers accountable who use excessive force. But there’s no evidence of widespread racial bias.

By Heather Mac Donald
    June 2, 2020 1:44 pm ET
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    It seems to be really easy to say the "right" things. But as DocGKR likes to point out-"Facts matter...Feelings can lie."

Lotta feelings in that statement.

pat
    Last edited by UNM1136; 06-03-2020 at 02:30 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Excellent article:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj...sm-11591119883

The Myth of Systemic Police Racism
    Hold officers accountable who use excessive force. But there’s no evidence of widespread racial bias.

By Heather Mac Donald
    June 2, 2020 1:44 pm ET
    Not new, and her book The War on Cops is a good read, even if the bibliography is a little lacking. I am surprised Harvard doesn't want to refund her money.

pat

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    The idea posted earlier is that protest can lead to rioting and looting.
    "Can" or "has", because I think that's a pretty important distinction.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I missed something - there was rioting and looting at the lockdown protest or the VA gun rights protest? Why do these events not have the riots and property damage? Why does antifa and anarchists not take advantage of peaceful lockdown protests ?
    Too small, and their stated aim is "physically confronting the right " and I doubt they wanted to get arrested AND shot by protesters.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Site Supporter
    All four just charged. Lead def upgraded to 2nd degree.

I know militia types are derided as LARPers 'round here, but the Shasta County Sheriff suddenly called up the California State Militia to help keep the peace during protests last night. Area law enforcement resources, already stretched thin by multiple protest locations, had been further depleted by an unrelated nearby OIS.

When it came time to shut down the protest at dusk, police formed a line on one side of the crowd and militia formed a line on the other, slowly herding the crowd back to its initial rally point until it dispersed.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    All four just charged. Lead def upgraded to 2nd degree.
    I always thought "Murder" required mens rea. Apparently no.
    FYI.. The other 3 were charged with aiding and abetting.

MN: https://www.hg.org/legal-articles/mu...innesota-43141

Second-Degree Murder

Second-degree murder can be an intentional killing, but it is not as serious as first-degree murder. Second degree murder can be charged when a defendant intentionally kills another human being but the murder is not premediated. Second-degree murder may result when a person kills out of an intense emotional response or impulse.

.... snip

Third-Degree Murder

This murder is not based on having the intent to kill. Third-degree murder is often charged as a depraved heart or mind crime. This charge can arise when a person fires a gun in a crowd without intending to kill anyone, for example. Murder is charged when a person is killed and the defendant has an indifference to the sanctity of human life.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

#RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    I know militia types are derided as LARPers 'round here, but the Shasta County Sheriff suddenly called up the California State Militia to help keep the peace during protests last night. Area law enforcement resources, already stretched thin by multiple protest locations, had been further depleted by an unrelated nearby OIS.

When it came time to shut down the protest at dusk, police formed a line on one side of the crowd and militia formed a line on the other, slowly herding the crowd back to its initial rally point until it dispersed.
    I am sure it is regional, but a woman I used to know and considered a motherly figure was convinced on the value of the state malitia, run by a local judge. The Constitutionality claims of the group were grand. But not quite in line with USSC rulings. No training in Probable Cause, or Reasonable Force. LARPers with more symbolic than practical value.

pat
    Last edited by UNM1136; 06-03-2020 at 03:05 PM.

User Tag List