Page 48 of 194 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: Minneapolis PD Suspect Dies On Video While Handcuffed. FBI Investigating.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    The problem with this is that they cannot defend their weapons from the crowd, and Guardsmen carrying rifles but without any ammunition have been overwhelmed in the past. There's a P-F.com member whose state adopted a policy after Hurricane Sandy that they could not be deployed to civil unrest with firearms sans ammunition due to exactly this, as it should be.

Even our third-party contract firearms instructors are authorized to carry firearms when in custody of weapons/ammunition for range days, for the obvious reason. When I was in the Marines, I distinctly remember the Motor-T jockies transporting ammunition also being armed for the same reason.

Yet, there's some mindset that it's okay to insert minimally trained individuals into civil unrest with guns but no way to defend those guns. *head explodes*
    Correct. I know that during hurricane Sandy we were not issued arms when working against looters because issuing arms without ammo was a good way to lose rifles. My leadership at the time told me some NJ guard had their asses kicked and lost weapons. As a reault we (NYNG) were not issued weapons. We were also not deputized at that time as we were working close with NYSP and Suffolk PD who had arrest power.

So in my experience, arms come with ammo for NG state deployments, or they don't get issued at all. Most of the time it's not at all for all the fears you can imagine.

I'm frankly absolutely shocked if these Guard troops have weapons and not ammo. My best is they will have ammo when they are moving to secure stuff. And that's a lot of responsability on the troops, and NCOs in particular.

-Cory

Apologies for citing the Washed-up Times as a source: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...mbined-health/

It appears that cause of George Floyd's death has been determined to be a combination of hyper-tension, cardiac disease, and the presence of (unspecified) intoxicants in Floyd's system. Evidently the report, submitted by the Hennepin County Medical Examiner found “no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxiation or strangulation.”

I'd imagine that this will serve as defense's primary toe-hold after prelims are past and motions (discovery, etc.) are filed. If an acquittal results arising from/based upon these findings (much as was the case in Freddie Gray v. Baltimore event), one can only imagine the uproar that will follow. I'd imagine that the lid will blow off of the pot with that. It is going to be interesting to see where the facts lead, no doubt about it.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Stuff like this is avoided by not issuing arms without ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    After Hurricane Andrew, there were numerous M16s "liberated" from FLNG troops who were sent to "maintain order" in Miami. When a truck full of fully armed gang bangers roll up on a group of soldiers with no ammunition in their weapons, the results are not surprising.
    -Cory

Site Supporter
    City is on Tactical Alert, and I am waiting to be called in.

Intel is rather....disturbing.

pat
    Last edited by UNM1136; 05-30-2020 at 03:26 PM.

The truth may set one free...but...the cost will be astronomical. When truth conflicts with optics and narrative...it's a cocktail awaiting combustion.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    I'm frankly absolutely shocked if these Guard troops have weapons and not ammo.
    If the MN NG leadership at least have a similar mindset/understanding of the danger, then what I'm guessing we're seeing might be the result of some troops being sans ammo due to logistics rather than intent. A sort of situation similar to, "Shit, cor_man257, you'll have to go the first half of the day without ammo. The hot locker doesn't have enough for all 500 troops, we'll get your guys in 4 hours when the sustainment shipment arrives".
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    If the MN NG leadership at least have a similar mindset/understanding of the danger, then what I'm guessing we're seeing might be the result of some troops being sans ammo due to logistics rather than intent. A sort of situation similar to, "Shit, cor_man257, you'll have to go the first half of the day without ammo. The hot locker doesn't have enough for all 500 troops, we'll get your guys in 4 hours when the sustainment shipment arrives".
    God, let’s hope so.

Or "Hey the CNN reporters are coming by the parking lot staging area 3 miles away, hurry and go stand there in a perimeter so we look fierce."

Meanwhile load up is only authorized up where 1st platoon is, near the problems.

-Cory

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    Or "Hey the CNN reporters are coming by the parking lot staging area 3 miles away, hurry and go stand there in a perimeter so we look fierce."

Meanwhile load up is only authorized up where 1st platoon is, near the problems.

-Cory
    That sounds disturbingly likely.
    I hope that’s about how it went down.

This might be painful for the NPR types who are here....The media should be held responsible for the damage to the cities for the spread and promotion of these riots.

Antifa should be labeled as a terrorist organization and be hunted down and killed or jailed.

Soros is a clear and present danger.

We the tax payers will pay for this fuck-fest and whitey and white privilege will shame all the straw-banners into voting for more social justice expecting a different outcome.

It would have been cheaper to mow 30-50 of these thugs (sorry Billie) down and write the check than pay for what is going on.

The real shit show is when they release the Popo involved.

User Tag List