Page 162 of 194 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 1937

Thread: Minneapolis PD Suspect Dies On Video While Handcuffed. FBI Investigating.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    I’ve put my name in to be considered for selection to our local People’s Revolutionary Justice Committee and Tribunal.
    Well, at least the readings of our crimes before our executions should be funny, then.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    One thing that might come out of these protests and riots is LE being paid at a higher level possibly making a career more attractive. That could take awhile tho. Knowing what I know about gov't agencies, the general public and unions, there would be absolutely no way I would want a LE career these days. I barely survived working in a non LE capacity for a local agency to retire with 30 years. I would have retired a lot sooner and started my own business if the economy had been better, eliminating bad supervisors and the union altogether.
    IMO, you could solve many problems in LE and education by large increases in average salaries of the folks involved.

(I might be biased.)

But we DEFINITELY can't afford that. 🤣
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    Well, at least the readings of our crimes before our executions should be funny, then.
    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...rAndJaywalking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    IMO, you could solve many problems in LE and education by large increases in average salaries of the folks involved.
    I agree with that. If we truly value education, then we want good, motivated people going into teaching, and the best way to do that is to pay them more. I don't mean more money going to school districts to be frittered away on the yet-another-new-way-of-teaching-math program or more worthless administrators, but directly into the teachers' salary. Make the teaching profession as prestigious as law, medicine, or engineering.

LEO community

Be safe for those currently working in public safety, and the community at large. I've been in my fair share of demonstrations from the LEO side and recently as private security for news media. As long as I can remember politicians and activist have demanded reforms after any critical LEO incident, OIS, custodial death of a suspect, or injuries from a protest. I understand the anger and condemnation by the left and right, what we all dislike is the violence, looting and grand standing by the elites and social influencers. I pray the violence will end soon, there's been too many LEO injuries and death. Whether the LEO community will like it or not , change is coming with the "defund the police movement". For those close enough to retire, get out while you can. The political winds and wills are moving in the other direction. Be safe all.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I’ve got One Easy Trick to avoid riot cops from knocking me down. It involves me not standing in their way with my hand in their space and me shouting. He shouldn’t have been shoved, but he still should have known better.

Speaking of that:
    https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...-team-resigns/
    https://theconservativetreehouse.com...and-walk-out/?

Martin Gugino is a 75-year-old professional agitator and Antifa provocateur who brags on his blog about the number of times he can get arrested and escape prosecution. Gugino’s Twitter Account is also filled with anti-cop sentiment [SEE HERE]. Last Thursday Gugino traveled from his home in Amherst, New York, to Buffalo to agitate a protest crowd.

During his effort Gugino was attempting to capture the radio communications signature of Buffalo police officers. CTH noted what he was attempting on Thursday night as soon as the now viral video was being used by media to sell a police brutality narrative. [Thread Here] Today, a more clear video has emerged that shows exactly what he was attempting.

In this slow motion video, you will see Gugino using a phone as a capture scanner. You might have heard the term “skimming”; it’s essentially the same. Watch him use his right hand to first scan the mic of officer one (top left of chest). Then Gugino moves his hand to the communications belt of the second officer
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    On a personal note, after over a decade of being on our team that includes MFF functions, missing person searches, evacuations, NBC spill response, and basically any squad level response that's not SWAT's purview I'm resigning after this current mess calms down. I am not alone. I see very few officers with more then 2-3 years on with any desire to get on the response group and see a lot of experienced officers announcing they are leaving. Our mayor has been informed of this and that his comments were part of the decision making process. It is now a high risk/low reward position and the majority of the risk is from media outrage and the brass reacting to it. I will continue to police my assigned district as always. I will no longer be the guy responding when the world sets fire. I am passed my physical prime, I do not want my name in the papers again, and nobody at policy levels gives two shits what those of us leaving have to say. Fix it yourselves.
    I can’t say that I blame you. What your are saying is very similar to what I hear from a number of emergency physicians...and they are making $300K while spending half their time in front of a computer that isn’t going to assault them or curse at them. Simply put, they no longer believe in the paradigm of emergency medicine and most do not like or empathize with about half their patients.

That’s a problem for many highly skilled professionals - cops, doctors, soldiers, etc. For many, no amount of money can replace the need to believe in what you are doing. Being part of the social safety net strains the body, mind, and spirit. I suspect that you, like many people on this forum, need to believe in a cause to do it everyday. That cause could be an ideal or people. If you don’t believe in the people that you are policing or agree with the department’s priorities, the you might have a problem. It’s not a failing as long as you have a worthwhile back-up. Better to leave now than be the topic on the CNN round table.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

In this slow motion video, you will see Gugino using a phone as a capture scanner. You might have heard the term “skimming”; it’s essentially the same. Watch him use his right hand to first scan the mic of officer one (top left of chest). Then Gugino moves his hand to the communications belt of the second officer
    Um, what? Does this make sense to any LEOs here?

I did comsec professionally not all that long ago and this sounds ridiculous to me, like someone is putting tech words together in a random order. Do LEO radios broadcast their keys using some scheme that neither civilian nor military radios do?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post

I did comsec professionally not all that long ago and this sounds ridiculous to me, like someone is putting tech words together in a random order. Do LEO radios broadcast their keys using some scheme that neither civilian nor military radios do?
    Uhh...not 'zackly comsec here either, but I was wondering about that...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post

When I read that I thought..... Maybe Buffalo PD doesn't use a trunked system... Similar to Chicago and other places where they still use old-school dedicated frequencies.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List