Page 145 of 194 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1937

Thread: Minneapolis PD Suspect Dies On Video While Handcuffed. FBI Investigating.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    On my phone, haven't seen the video. If they are the front line of a crowd control response that's what they are trained to do. Keep moving, even if it's an officer down, and make a safe space for the officers/ medics behind them to work.

Same for arrests. You don't stop you rake the trouble maker through the line to a reception team behind you and keep moving.
    Right. And similar on SRT when you do an entry. (Though I've experienced a cluster or two there as well.)

Anyway, whatever. I'm getting pissed off with nothing to be gained by it.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    TGS, you ain't the god of what should be done. As American citizen, I have a better feel for how to deal with an old man than a raving ass like you. Learn to respect people and take your head out of your ass.

Is that clear enough a response for your usual crap?

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Have you watched the video? I've done plenty of ops...daytime and at oh dark thirty involving people that were legitimate threats to life and limb. This was bullshit plain and simple. The guy folded like a rag doll and looked like he was dead. He was about as much of a threat as your great grandma.

I know about team discipline on ops and if you want to play hardass and tell folks they don't know what they're talking about, because rules, go ahead.

I've got lots of stories about rules...obeyed and disobeyed. This was weak.
    You keep insinuating that police UOF is cops wanting to prove their man hood on lesser/weaker individuals, when you have no basis for making that assumption. This is the 2nd time. It's entirely possible that's what happened, and it's entirely possible that it's not.....because humans are humans, and I don't know....maybe after a week of being in riots a cop made a mistake when he was doing was he was supposed to be doing, by clearing people back who are in front of him. Either way, we don't know.

It's getting old, Blues.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    TGS, you ain't the god of what should be done. As American citizen, I have a better feel for how to deal with an old man than a raving ass like you. Learn to respect people and take your head out of your ass.

Is that clear enough a response for your usual crap?
    Maybe go fuck yourself in your ivory tower of judgmental dunning-kruger ignorance.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    You keep insinuating that police UOF is cops wanting to prove their man hood on lesser/weaker individuals, when you have no basis for making that assumption. This is the 2nd time. It's entirely possible that's what happened, and it's entirely possible that it's not.....because humans are humans, and I don't know....maybe after a week of being in riots a cop made a mistake when he was doing was he was supposed to be doing, but clearing people back who are in front of him. Either way, we don't know.

It's getting old, Blues.
    I really don't give a shit at this point if that's what you think. I never said anything about his perceived sense of manhood or lack thereof. You certainly are in no position to judge what I was thinking or the basis upon which I make my evaluation.

I also don't think you're in a position to dictate to others here what's what when it comes to the work.

More than a few of us have spent some time on the job and don't feel the need to promulgate to others from on high. So, frankly, kiss my ass if you think you're gonna talk down to me or others who have earned the right to speak their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    More than a few of us have spent some time on the job and don't feel the need to promulgate to others from on high. So, frankly, kiss my ass if you think you're gonna talk down to me or others who have earned the right to speak their minds.
    Glenn hasn't earned jackshit and has maybe 10% of an idea of what he's talking about.

As for promulgating to others from high.......then why are you declaring this man's guilt, as well as the virtuousness of his entire team with your "I wouldn't want them back" comment, when all you saw was a short video clip and lack any other substantive context? Even if he's wrong about the force used, you're still undeniably wrong and spouting off bullshit with the rest of your comment as to the actions taken by the other officers around him.

That's promulgation.

@TC215, now that's funny as heck.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Glenn hasn't earned jackshit and has maybe 10% of an idea of what he's talking about.

As for promulgating to others from high.......then why are you declaring this man's guilt, as well as the virtuousness of his entire team, when all you saw was a short video clip and lack any other substantive context?

That's promulgation.

@TC215, now that's funny as heck.

I didn't declare his guilt. I disagreed with the act. You need to learn to get terms straight. Or be more precise. (I will admit that I took it out on the team due to my annoyance with the situation that caused the issue to arise.)

I have nothing further to offer that won't be offensive, especially since I may or may not have had a beverage or two.

Quote Originally Posted by JDD View Post
    It is a tricky problem, and I don't know the exact numbers. My knee jerk reaction is to point out that we have not needed to use the draft to maintain staffing, the way we did for some of our major earlier conflicts, but I think that misses the point.
    That is because of the lack of political will to actually ask the country to get behind the GWOT.

How many guard and reserve soldiers do you know that have been in since 2001, and how many deployments do they have? How many active component soldiers do you know, and how many deployments do they have?

I feel that is going to bit us in the rear down the rode on way over inflated reserve retirements. Not to mention and even bigger problem with worn out soldiers and reservists.

I feel a period of universal national service would be a good thing for the country and our youth. We have lots of infrastructure to repair, lots of things to be done. Major problem I see is, of course budgetary, and then competition with privately held firms for some of the projects. There are other things to consider, but I think it be worth a look.

I also feel an ongoing draft, no deferments except for physical or mental, would be a good thing. A lottery with numbers drawn each year to make up any recruiting shortfall, some years maybe a 1,000 or so, other years more.

Quote Originally Posted by JDD View Post
    I think @peterb hit on it a bit, in that basic requirements for participating in a meaningful way in many professional fields are increasing. Hell, when I enlisted, there was cuthroat competition to get certain job slots, and the biggest issue that recruiters had was getting qualified applicants who passed the ASVAB with high enough scores and who did not have some sort of other disqualifying medical or personal issue. The days of being given a choice of jail or Army seem to be well behind us. Not a lot of folks need or want unskilled entry level labor, and the folks who do, frequently pay under the table for it - its where a lot of the jobs in seasonal harvesting and outdoor work that I did growing up went away too when folks switched away from using high schoolers. I can't tell you about Police departments nation wide, but some of the departments where I grew up seemed to have the ability to be pretty choosy in who they hired - I don't know, are the applicants going down, or are standards going up?
    Across the border, from what I've seen and heard, applicants are going down. There are fewer applicants for more jobs, as a result most departments cant be as choosy, or they work short because they work compromise standards. An acquaintance related how hard it was to get folks hired - in general they had run a guy most of the way through the process, they were making a conditional offer of employment to the kid. The way I was told it was the kid asks okay, when will I be working? Kind of puzzled about that question this far in, they explain, first the Academy, then FTO, then out to patrol, we are a 24/7 year-round operation, we rotate shifts and days off. Kid says 'oh that won't work for me' and goes on to explain all the activities he is involved in. Head slap.

Kids! Put away those frowny faces! George Floyd is having a great day today!

"Hopefully George is looking down right now and saying this is a great thing that is happening for our country. This is a great day for him. It's a great day for everybody." Trump added. "This is a great, great day in terms of equality."

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    I may apply for a job writing commentaries for professionals who need to posture before the world. For high class call girls, I will write confessions exclaiming guilt for not screwing black men. They will feel better as they continue to serve old white men exclusively. For everyone else, I will offer choices of generic confessions, highly customized to fit confessions, and other. The last category will be for obviously stupid people who need to bray on FB. 10 minutes ago I had a phone conversation with a developmentally challenged person who posts on Pistol Play. He has agreed to represent me there for a fee. Business looks good.
    Not ambitious enough :-)

Why liberal white women pay a lot of money to learn over dinner how they're racist

"A growing number of women are paying to confront their privilege – and racism – at dinners that cost $2,500"
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

User Tag List