Page 140 of 194 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1937

Thread: Minneapolis PD Suspect Dies On Video While Handcuffed. FBI Investigating.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I watched that. Thanks for posting it.

If that type of security action was successful why don't the police adopt it using clandestine operators like this guy. Dragging these idiots down and leaving them cuffed to a sign post might be a tactic worth exploring..... "the grey man" that he referred to.
    Law enforcement agencies have been using plainclothes officers for decades, including embedded in protests.

I'm glad that you could share your wisdom on how to do our job, though.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I'll be talking to my gun dealer friend today. I'll ask him about his customer traffic. I would think that with all of the onerous gun laws we've had to deal with in the last 3 years that sales would be down but I suspect he isn't keeping up with the demand.
    I talked to the owners of my local gun store a couple days ago. Monday June 1, 2020 was their busiest day ever. And they've had some busy days, what with COVID, etc. But this past Monday they exceeded their previous biggest day by 30%. They're exhausted.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post

Muh rights are completely divorced from "and responsibilities" in much of today's society. Look at the results.
    Wow!, those are some very deep thoughts.

And absolutely, perfectly on point

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Law enforcement agencies have been using plainclothes officers for decades, including embedded in protests.

I'm glad that you could share your wisdom on how to do our job, though.
    In the late 70's when NYPD was recruiting new officers, a few of my Latino friends were immediately assigned to infiltrating various subersive groups then prevalent around NYC...some to do with Puerto Rican independence and such. It was a fast track for some to an assignment in the detective bureau.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    The years I spent in the ER really opened my eyes to how much of society's problems are dumped on the first responder system, which seems to be expected to sweep the pieces under the rug. Particularly re: homelessness/mental health. It was often deeply tragic. A lot of frustration and heartbreak.

I think every American should have to spend a year in HS/college doing weekly ridealongs, candystriping in the ED, volunteering with a shelter or social service-oriented non-profit. It might convince enough people that this is not somebody else's problem.
    My ED observation time was eye-opening. There's a lot of misery out there that's out of sight for many of us.

Spending some time in a trauma center ED will recalibrate your sense of what a really bad day looks like.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    In the late 70's when NYPD was recruiting new officers, a few of my Latino friends were immediately assigned to infiltrating various subersive groups then prevalent around NYC...some to do with Puerto Rican independence and such. It was a fast track for some to an assignment in the detective bureau.
    That kind of thing is rare now a days for both civil liberties and officer safety reasons.

However, there are still plainclothes officers working essentially plain clothes patrol in crowds to identify agitators and those engaging in violence. More along the lines of what NYPD would call “anti crime” cops.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    That kind of thing is rare now a days for both civil liberties and officer safety reasons.

However, there are still plainclothes officers working essentially plain clothes patrol in crowds to identify agitators and those engaging in violence. More along the lines of what NYPD would call “anti crime” cops.
    Yeah, I have family members that were assigned to anti-crime for years around the city.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    This is why I am an obstructionist. [...]
    I think you'd approve of BuSab
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

‘Sesame Street’ Vows To ‘Speak Out Against Racism’ Amid Ongoing Protests

Big Bird and Elmo will address the demonstrations and racial justice issues in a virtual CNN town hall this weekend.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/sesam...b68f9bdfdd784a

Alrighty then.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Big Bird and Elmo will address the demonstrations and racial justice issues in a virtual CNN town hall this weekend.
    Shit just got real.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

User Tag List