Page 22 of 194 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Minneapolis PD Suspect Dies On Video While Handcuffed. FBI Investigating.

Site Supporter
    I totally get that the officers involved in Floyd’s death were in the wrong. That being said, is there any actual evidence that their wrongness in this matter was specifically motivated by racial animus?

I am not talking about the theory that racism is so socially ingrained that white police officers are automatically racist on at least a subconscious level (which, as a non-white person myself, I think is absurd). I am genuinely curious, did the officers actually do or say anything to suggest that they were racists?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Site Supporter
    About the rioters. If you remove those with low intelligence, addictions, and criminal history, then you could haul the rest away on a Harley with a sidecar. In the 60's they burned down their own neighborhoods, a stunt I never understood. Then the mantra was "Burn, baby, burn." Where is Jesse Jackson and Obama, and why are they not appealing for peace?

Despite my insensitive comments, my opinion is that the officers screwed up, and I sincerely regret that the man died.

Quote Originally Posted by nalesq View Post
    I totally get that the officers involved in Floyd’s death were in the wrong. That being said, is there any actual evidence that their wrongness in this matter was specifically motivated by racial animus?

I am not talking about the theory that racism is so socially ingrained that white police officers are automatically racist on at least a subconscious level (which, as a non-white person myself, I think is absurd). I am genuinely curious, did the officers actually do or say anything to suggest that they were racists?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    No evidence yet about racial motivation, however, couple of the officers involved in this do have prior issues in their histories relating to misconduct at prior dates. No idea if any of it was racial in nature or not, but that is thr purpose of bringing in Federal authorities. Unfortunately, none of the thousands of people out rioting in Minneapolis tonight seem to care about the facts or allowing the prosecutor to investigate and uncover the facts. Hopefully, the burning of the MPD 3rd Precinct does not compromise the investigation, but who is to say if crucial information and evidence is not being destroyed as that building burns right now?
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Site Supporter
    "Approved to dump gas on the door of the CVS"

"We got exposed to a bunch of pepper spray, we'll need some relief."

"On scene at that tobacco store, there is way too many people for us."

"Individuals at Dollar Store with metal posts."

"building is back on fire."

"White Bear liquor, people are in the store."

"Out with a crowd, will not engage directly."

--from the scanner feed

I am two time zones away and I can't turn it off.

Folks are trying to get into a bank, maybe I am too smart but everything is put away when they close. It's not a cartoon or a movie. Doubt any of those folks are safe crackers.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 05-28-2020 at 11:04 PM.

Site Supporter
    They be You Tube'in.

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    It is not unusual for the people engaged in protest, and in rioting, to paint all police with a broad brush under circumstances like this. So long as they protest without becoming violent, there is no real harm in doing so. Unfortunately, it seems like this cycle repeats every time we have a terrible event like this. Protests start in one city, spread to another, and when violence ensues in the originating community, it seems to spread elsewhere as well. What a shame.
    I think the harm is that it spreads that particular viewpoint to a wider audience, much like the "slow-moving riot" theory that was presented about school shootings. The more people see rioting happen, the more time and opportunity there is for whatever portion of them are on the edge to decide that they want to join in, rinse and repeat.

Site Supporter
    Police attempting to render aid to Rioter shot by a pawnshop owner.

Site Supporter
    This asshole is back and filming folks committing crimes

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I support the right of all Americans to get out and let their representatives and fellow citizens know how they feel...peacefully.
    Peaceful protests work fine for little stuff, but not for systemic changes. Tibet is going on what, 60 years of peaceful protest?

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    I think the harm is that it spreads that particular viewpoint to a wider audience, much like the "slow-moving riot" theory that was presented about school shootings. The more people see rioting happen, the more time and opportunity there is for whatever portion of them are on the edge to decide that they want to join in, rinse and repeat.
    Yep, this sort of thing certainly seems to be becoming 'normalized'. Looks like some sort of similar behavior (burning stuff in the streets) is beginning to kick-off in St. Louis, Mo.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

User Tag List