Page 84 of 194 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast

Thread: Minneapolis PD Suspect Dies On Video While Handcuffed. FBI Investigating.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    In my life, I have had a couple of bad moments when I was...less than rational.

If the police were to be involved in a similar incident, I would hope they would use only the force necessary to keep everyone safe.
    I think, as a group that's generally slanted in favor of folks who believe strongly in certain rights, we're all aware of circumstances where one could fall afoul of some statute or regulation, without having committed the slightest logical or ethical error. Unless I'm the only one who has ever jaywalked, sped, recycled improperly, had a beer underage, responsibly used some fireworks, trod on someone's field by accident, conducted business on a Sunday, ignored some law that was "for my safety" that just took away my freedom.

I'm glad for people who have never have anything but pleasant interactions with LEO. I just think some folks don't seem to recognize that's not the experience of many, plenty of whom are not "criminals", in any meaningful sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Well, that was certainly worth the time to read it.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    People said I wouldn't amount to much...and they were right.
    My grandmother once told me I wouldn't amount to much. I took it as a right compliment, since she thought herself an exemplar of "amounting to much" - if she was an exemplar, I didn't want to amount to much at all.

Glad I turned out as a nothing, thanks for that faith Grandma! I hope you're enjoying your time in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Hardwired Tactical Shooting will get you there. Or use the links the other guys just posted above.
    Got it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    My grandmother once told me I wouldn't amount to much.

Glad I turned out as a nothing, thanks for that faith Grandma! I hope you're enjoying your time in hell.
    Must not adopt as new sig line, must not adopt as new sig line.......
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    If you think the dynamics here are "the poor are lazy, period, and deluded by their leaders"

--find me a historical example where this has been true for a society, and cutting off social programs and berating folks for being lazy got the working class to get their shit together, and social urest disappeared.

Rome is not a example of govt. programs creating an underclass, for instance. Well, not the welfare system, anyway. Sending farmers off to war while landlords foreclosed on them set up the mass of unemployed that later needed a dole to survive.

Unions have had their back broken in this country. And a smaller and smaller percentage of folks own more and more of country. The rich are crowing about the great deals to be had, buying up even more properties during this crisis.

I find folks blaming unions, leftest leaders, and the poor insane, when they have less and less control of process in this nation.

"Get off your lazy ass and work" is fine advice to an individual.

It's just laziness when folks try to use it as social policy.

(I'm not going to even try to list, yet again, how the game is rigged, but most of it comes in the massive transfer of the cost of economic risk and maintenance to the middle and lower classes, away from elites. Costs for job training are an excellent example.)

ETA: framing all this as just "race" problems is how the GOP and DNC keep us at each other's throats and keep on keeping their big donors happy.
    To be clear, i don't think the poor are inherently lazy due to any sort of genetics or circumstance whatever, but I do think they are taught to be less hard working, less smart, less thoughtful about their actions and situation because progressives let them off the hook, TRAIN THEM to be less smart and "lazy" to further an end, which is re-election. BTW, I fucking love lazy. Smart people are lazy. Morons "work hard". Smart people find ways not to have to.

Some people just want to spend their whole sad lives blaming other people.

Nobody said some people don't have it better or harder than others. Lots of spoiled rich kids wind up dead in a ditch. Lots of "poor black folks" wind up successful. It's not about "you had it easier than me", it's about "make the best of what you've got.

As far as social policy, I'll give you an example, free school lunch. As a staunch conservative I was once wholy against this. "let them buy their own food, I'm not paying for it!" Then I heard a podcast about this policy, about how some of these kids barely eat at all during the weekends, how they rely on that free breakfast and lunch to eat during the week, and how hunger affects the brain. Boom, I'm the world's biggest proponent of feeding these kids, whatever the cost. Why? Because that's an impediment that they all but can't... physiologically can't... overcome.

But continuing to pander to people to get votes... telling them they are "less than" and that it's the "rich man's fault" just to get votes... fuck those fuckers right in the fucking fuck hole.

"unions". jesus christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    Must not adopt as new sig line, must not adopt as new sig line.......
    I'm perfectly fine with that one, because it makes me smile when I think I didn't turn out like her.

Trust me when I say, she was a horrible human being with no redeeming values...or values at all. In fact, now that I think about it, I'll switch Trump to the amoral category, because my grandmother was immoral and Trump cannot compete with her.

I thank god almost weekly for all the motherfuckers that told me I wouldn't amount to anything.

I also thank god for those, some of them the same people, that told me I COULD.

When popular culture tells entire demographics that it's ok for them not to, and that it's not their fault,and that someone else should pay for it... sorry. fuck that.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    My grandmother once told me I wouldn't amount to much. I took it as a right compliment, since she thought herself an exemplar of "amounting to much" - if she was an exemplar, I didn't want to amount to much at all.

My step mom was like that but I knew she was crazy. Never paid any attention to it.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I thank god almost weekly for all the motherfuckers that told me I wouldn't amount to anything.

I also thank god for those, some of them the same people, that told me I COULD.

When popular culture tells entire demographics that it's ok for them not to, and that it's not their fault,and that someone else should pay for it... sorry. fuck that.
    I think a bunch of these looters are not in the demographics you think they are. There's video going around of a youtuber looting in Scottsdale, who pulls in more money in a year than most members of this forum.

User Tag List