Page 43 of 194 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: Minneapolis PD Suspect Dies On Video While Handcuffed. FBI Investigating.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    Why do they keep referring to these riots as protests? The cops in question have been fired and at least one arrested. What are they protesting?
    So that the media can claim that any action LE takes to quell the riots is instantly labeled as “police brutality” or “excessive force”. Plus, this is great for ratings.. The media in this country, and for that matter the rest of the world is incapable of telling the truth...Journalism in the past, was where a reporter would write and research a story, and the editor would proof read it before it was printed or aired, and, if none of the stories sources could be verified, it wasn’t printed or aired.. one of the hallmarks of good journalism was that the facts they presented could be independently researched and verified..None of that exists anymore..Hell, I could turn on my shortwave radio, and tune in to Radio Havana, and get more honest news..at least they hold off on the propaganda until the editorial part of the broadcast....
    Last edited by ralph; 05-30-2020 at 09:50 AM.

Milwaukee starting to get ugly. Big protest downtown, with some freeway blockage. "Swarmed" a North side police precinct (the one that used to cover my house):

https://fox6now.com/2020/05/30/viole...-george-floyd/

ETA: Police officer shot here last night, too
    Last edited by Guerrero; 05-30-2020 at 10:23 AM.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Blues,

Please recognize, I don’t want to discount your experience or background or thoughts. I find it abhorrent that we can predict these things with startling accuracy. Which suggests to me that we are not in a constant decline but rather a cycle of good and bad. If things are cyclical, I’m not sure we can be going to hell in a handbasket, by definition a cycle must return through previous points of prosperity and peace. Does that make sense? Now, if each successive cycle is worse, we could be going down.

We can agree or disagree on the severity of successive events. I recognize you have been up close and personal with them in ways I have not. Simultaneously, we can recognize that we then have differing perspectives of the same events. In that way, perhaps we can not make it personal and rather academic in a broader sense. You are conversant on the subject with greater experience in it as well - are there aspects of these riots that seem worse/more violent than what you have previously experienced?
    I don't think my remark, "going to hell in a hand basket" requires writing a thesis over. If you choose to do so, Rob, more power to you. Please don't quote me as the source of your inspiration. That is all. I have no interest in debating how good, how bad, how many, the cyclic period, or any other minutiae.

It's just that simple. Please carry on without me...if you could simply do that, I'll have nothing further on the matter.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Please refresh my memory.....when does SPD crack heads? Other than the media's opinion.
    https://www.justice.gov/sites/defaul...r_12-16-11.pdf
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Massive riot, widespread destruction of property, and looting in downtown Portland last night. And only a couple of people were arrested. An 8pm curfew has been imposed.
    https://www.newsweek.com/portland-po...rotest-1507558

I am not at all surprised this happened. Without effective law enforcement, vagrants and other petty criminals, Antifa, Patriot Prayer, gangs, etc. have nothing keeping them from fucking everything up for everyone else. And we have the heavy influence of progressive politics and organizations like BLM that specifically target law enforcement. Sadly, I think it’s going to take even more destruction for enough people to get sick of it that they will vote for more moderate candidates.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to track down Girl#2 who is staying over at her boyfriends house.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    Why do they keep referring to these riots as protests?
    That is a damned fine question DC.

By referring to the rioters (criminals) as "protesters", the media appears to legitimize these bad actors whether that is their intention or not. Now we have several more citizens dead, 3 or 4 police officers dead and billions in damage/loss with the knowledge that none of this idiocy will make the prosecution of the former MPD officer proceed any faster. Time is growing short for these local law enforcement agencies to step up. If they wait much longer to react effectively, there may not be anything left to save.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

These rioters are supported by the politicians with progressive agendas voted in by hippie spawn who worship the earth.

We have already seen liberal Governors shut down states in order to tank the economy so as to have it hopefully reflect bad on Trump.

Remember Trump has done well for the Black community and carried a lot of their vote....Unacceptable to the oppressive progressive leaders as well as many Black leaders.

I'm sure the hope is to make Trump look bad for the destruction and make him a racist. Local KIRO talk show said even Trump supporters think the Floyd situation is bad.....What the fuck does that mean?

I believe the first amendment is the most destructive to our country right now. No accountability of the press in not covering who funded these riots and who is attending. Nor equal coverage of political shit.

Thank goodness that Facebook and Twitter may now struggle to get their agenda out....may be the best thing that has come of this.

Hmmm. Everyone who was arrested in St. Paul last night was from out of state.

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video...-out-of-state/

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    That is a damned fine question DC.

By referring to the rioters (criminals) as "protesters", the media appears to legitimize these bad actors whether that is their intention or not. Now we have several more citizens dead, 3 or 4 police officers dead and billions in damage/loss with the knowledge that none of this idiocy will make the prosecution of the former MPD officer proceed any faster. Time is growing short for these local law enforcement agencies to step up. If they wait much longer to react effectively, there may not be anything left to save.
    Personally, I don't think this is 100% about BLM. I'll break it down to 25% BLM, 25% unemployment or under employment (Covid), 25% divisive politics and 25% MSM. It's like a perfect storm because all of these things are contributing to civil unrest. There was a lot of social change trying to work itself out in the 60's and 70's. I saw all of it and actually viewed the destruction in Watts (LA) about 2 months after the riots. I was a sophomore in HS.

I'm thinking this is going down in the same fashion as the 60's riots. Totally out of control with no leadership anywhere to be found.
    Last edited by Borderland; 05-30-2020 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    These rioters are supported by the politicians with progressive agendas voted in by hippie spawn who worship the earth.
    Aw jeez, not the hippies again.

User Tag List